Options

Supernatural Season 6 - CW pace - Tagged Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll find that there are many female fans of Supernatural who are neither teenagers or prone to crushing on actors......but female Supernatural fans are not brain dead or blind either ;):D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no they are not,hey if i wasnt crushing on sarah michelle gellar(from one bbc promo!) i never would have checked out buffy!

theres nothing wrong with teenagers having celeb crushes,i did it all the time(buffy,faith,cordelia,fred,KRISTIN FREAKING KREUK),hell i saw shiri appelby on life unexpected few weeks ago and got that teenage feeling all over again lol

but if you go through any supernatural thread theres ALOT of "omg jenson is so yummy",or "ROFL at deans super funny lines" that it can get kinda annoying when sam/jared is completely dismissed

not to mention sam body > deans :cool:
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Just watched episodes 2 and 3. Some interesting bits and pieces so far, but also too much to not like as well. The new cousins are a bunch of ass-butts. The Alpha introduction is interesting. Sam's car was totally f'ugly, so I'm glad Castiel took care of it. As for Ben and Lisa.....I can't see them being around much longer, so they're not bothering me too much. Why exactly did Sam need Dean to help babysit? That was too forced, especially as I think we're supposed to agree that he was using the baby as bait (which also means he always intended to return to the Campbells).

I hope it's not going to be a season long wait to find out who bought Sam and the other bloke back, or to find out why Sam is acting so differently. I'm interested, but not hooked. I could have easily gone another few weeks without watching these 2 after seeing the premier (only watched tonight because I downloaded the wrong dexter :mad:), but after the 3rd episode I am now back to eagerly awaiting the next one.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, and going back a few pages I also have to jump on the Vampire Diaries bandwagon. It's pretty lame until
    Damon turns Vikki
    , since then it's been great (I'm up to episode 18).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    punkimunki wrote: »
    Nah! After the 1st season both Jared and Jensen were on an even keel. They both are great actors, it's just on some episodes, one is better than the other. But most of the time they match each other really well. (As actors - btw! :D)

Ooh I have to disagree with you there. As pleasant as Jared is to look at (except for a few eps in mid-late season 5 where he went a bit bloaty and his hair was decidedly bouffant), he isn't exactly the most talented actor in the world. Emotion = scrunched up face and constipated look for him.

Jensen is an absolutely amazing actor and frequently is the only thing saving an episode from being an unmitigated disaster!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh I have to disagree with you there. As pleasant as Jared is to look at (except for a few eps in mid-late season 5 where he went a bit bloaty and his hair was decidedly bouffant), he isn't exactly the most talented actor in the world. Emotion = scrunched up face and constipated look for him.

Jensen is an absolutely amazing actor and frequently is the only thing saving an episode from being an unmitigated disaster!

lol,see what i mean aliu2maniac?
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Supernatural but hate all this bloody angel brother stuff. I want it back to the old going from town to town kicking deamon butt.

And didn't like Castiel back to how he was when he was first introduced. He was better more human when he was funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    lol,see what i mean aliu2maniac?

So what your saying is if someone thinks Jensen is a better actor than Jared, they are simple-minded fangirls. Please.

IMO, as a 39 year old women who doesn't fangirl, Jensen is a better actor and has become so over the course of the show. His improvement is to his credit. Jared is a very fine actor too, but personally with the emotional stuff I think he's not as good as Jared. They are both excellent at comedy though. Please have the grace to allow me my own opinion without any slurs against my character, if you'd be so kind.

I also think Jim and Misha are fantastic actors too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i never once slured your character

they are all good actors...but i wouldnt say jenson is AMAZING....noone got the feeling hed(dean) just been in hell for years and years before returning in the s4 premiere thats for damn sure.

of course its fine to praise jenson when its due, but if you go through this thread you will find my many lines which make you think "team jenson" thats all that im saying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    I never said you did. I was pre-empting.

Well, until it was revealed he'd been there for 40 years of course no-one knew. We did however know that he wasn't letting on as much as he knew, due to the dreams and flashes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    after spending so long in hell i would have expected him to be a bit more tormented i would have thought
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    after spending so long in hell i would have expected him to be a bit more tormented i would have thought

Which is the writers fault, not Jensen's. And I wasn't fangirling or saying "OMG Jensen's yummy" I was referring to acting skills.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, because I honestly think that Jared has really grown into his character and DOES deserve the praise, Jensen doesn't save the episode because it doesn't need saving, both actors (and supporting actors) do an excellent job.

By the way, wasn't putting Jensen down either - he is a great actor too! :)

(Just thought I'd put my two cents in! :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They're both really good actors, but I think Jensen is ahead due to having a more varied range of material to work with....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hating sam now. I use to love him but now i miss the sam of season 1 and 2. He use to be so caring then.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I'm hating sam now. I use to love him but now i miss the sam of season 1 and 2. He use to be so caring then.

i think maybe thats there intentions of getting us tto not be fond of sam for a while
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agree to disagree pretty much sums it up,i dont jenson does anything to set hima part from jared, some guys do.

im loving cold sam, very intrigued as to the reason behind it,maybe he has a bit of lucifer still inside him?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I think Sam just left a part of his soul down in Lucifer's cage, He;s running around top side with only half of his soul!
  • Options
    ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    punkimunki wrote: »
    I think Sam just left a part of his soul down in Lucifer's cage, He;s running around top side with only half of his soul!

I suspect that Grandpa Samuel knows an awful lot more about who brought him and Sam back than he is letting on. Whomever he was on the phone to at the end of the second episode would probably be the prime suspect.

Dean having nightmares about Azazeal and the fact that Ol' Yellow-Eyes turned up in his Djinn-hallucination might also be a clue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Castiel's "people skills" (i liked his use of air quotes) are a bit rusty due to spending a year being a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent. :)

I don't think his character has been reset at all, we're just not aware of what happened with any of the characters, apart from Dean, in that year and how that's affected them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that Grandpa Samuel knows an awful lot more about who brought him and Sam back than he is letting on. Whomever he was on the phone to at the end of the second episode would probably be the prime suspect.

I think Samuel and Crowley are in kahoots with each other.

Really liked the latest episode, only thing I didn't like was the off screen fighting of the monster, always comes off really cheesy in a show and this one was no different.
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    That was definately one for the Bobby fans.....and who aint a Bobby fan? Poor fella never has much luck with the ladies.
    Really like "Luther Vandross" as well :D
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jensen did a great job directing the episode and it was wonderful to see Jim Beaver be the central figure in the story.Bobby & Rufus are hilarious when they're together and I was in stitches when Bobby was adament that Rufus not swallow the ring.....which, of course, he did :D

Supernatural is a TV show so can we all just accept that Sam & Dean managed to get passports from one of their contacts to get to Scotland without too much trouble? Maybe Bobby helped them as he seems to know how to do that sort of thing :D

Did anyone else notice what car Dean was driving in Scotland? It looked like a Metro from the way Sam was squashed up against the dashboard.That was funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wanna see them in ireland next:D and on oconnel street in dublin :D

i liked this episode it was cool to see it all from bobbys point of view.

with the phone calls and stuff:D poor guy doest get a chance.

was curseing when dean called him selfish:mad: and was so glad bobby got the 2 and told them whats what there and then they needed to hear it :D

so were 4eps in now must be time for one of them famous breaks the us take:(:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O i just checked theres no breaks at all upto episode 8 which is cool another 4weeks uninterupted:)

the next ep is the vampire spoof cant wait hope its funny and action packed with vampire killing