Options

Rhumba...time to bin it?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Couple of comments:

As it was Wednesday's training footage, I thoight Tina's Rumba looked excellent. Two more days working on that and she would have certainly given Pamela a run for her money.

As for Paul Daniels, well - he was spot on. I don't particularly like him, and shan't miss him. But he was quite right to say to Mrs J that he didn't want it raunchy. A 70 year old bloke doing raunch with someone like Ola is stupid, and would look stupid. He went up loads in my estimation for saying that.
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Can anyone think of any male celebs in SCD that have expressed enjoyment of doing the rumba?

Chris Hollins is the only person who I remember saying how much he was looking forward to dancing it and then wanting to repeat it if he got to the final.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Something can be both beautiful and boring. (<-- a key point) I dance and I DESPISE the rumba! I am full of enthusiasm, grace, poise and bounce (when appropriate) during all of the other dances but I want to throw myself out of a window when I hear the dreary rumba music come on for that dreary shuffling of feet and waving about of arms.
    Good point, and one that's seldom observed.

The rumba seems to open the door for a lot of stuff that imo just isn't very interesting. Occasionally, one of the couples does something good with it, but the "success rate" is so low that I never look forward to the rumbas.