Promiscuity, and divorce have reached epidemic proportions in the UK

13»

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Why must you be so rude? Why must DS be so rude? What if the poster you quoted actually has something valid in what they said? Don't be so rude. People should come here to learn as much as to educate. Don't be so close minded and realise there is a world out there.

I wasn't being rude. The Bible was the first famous, mass read, fantasy novel.

You only have to look on the internet to see what others think.

A Game Of Thrones is pathetic in comparison.
  • morbidangel101morbidangel101 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    rasbo wrote: »
    This thread is veering off topic and starting to turn into a religious thread. Thats not what this is about but it has highlighted the fact that theres 2 types of people...religious nutters and those who can't keep their legs shut!

Why can't people simply....not drink or indulge in sex without turning to God?

So which are you? Nutter or ****?
    Why must you be so rude? Why must DS be so rude? What if the poster you quoted actually has something valid in what they said? Don't be so rude. People should come here to learn as much as to educate. Don't be so close minded and realise there is a world out there.

Yes because telling people that the fact that they don't share your beliefs is the cause of all societies ills and that they deserve to be eternally tortured for it is perfectly polite.
    A Game Of Thrones is pathetic in comparison.

But it has more sex scenes.
  • Mister MaganeseMister Maganese Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't being rude. The Bible was the first famous, mass read, fantasy novel.

You only have to look on the internet to see what others think.

Many people think many things. I think you want to discredit anyone who values marriage, family, chastity, society - everything we have built.

And you were being rude. I know you like sex and men, but that's no reason to blasely discredit those who prefer more chaste tastes.

This isn't an attack on you. Believe it or not, but I, and people like me are not monsters.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    And before you answer, have you ever thought for a second that you might not be entirely right on the God issue? You do seem particularly dogmatic against it.

You are the one who claims that there is a God. It's up to you and you alone to back up what you claim.

I am required to do nothing.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Something is keeping you away. I know it's hard to understand, especially when you're supported by DS, which is overwhelmingly pro-gay, atheist, sex etc., but you are angry and miserable. It will only get worse and worse and worse.

Pro-gay? Why on earth should anyone be anti-gay?

You have provided no evidence about your claim of a God and now provided nothing to support your homophobic views either.

Every thought of backing up a single one of your arguments ever?

And as for rudeness, does that include that disgustingly offence thread you started up recently? the one so high;y offensive that it got deleted straight away?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many people think many things. I think you want to discredit anyone who values marriage, family, chastity, society - everything we have built.

And you were being rude. I know you like sex and men, but that's no reason to blasely discredit those who prefer more chaste tastes.

This isn't an attack on you. Believe it or not, but I, and people like me are not monsters.

I'm not sure what value chastity has? It seems a rather selfish and pointless endevour.
    Could you explain to us how being 'chaste' (ie not having sex, or maybe even masturbating I assume) is good for anyone, especially yourself and society. I can only think of asexuals, or those that hate human contact, would benefit from chastity.

I personally only value marriage to the value of that particular marriage. Plenty unmarried people have better relationships than married ones.

I finally, questions "society". Society can improve in many ways. It's not perfect and certainly holds down some in preference to others. I also don't think being "pro-gay" as you say, is an attack on society. I think it's a better standpoint to be pro-everything that makes people happy.

The original article has very little value. It's built on a strawman that marriage is the "best" system for everyone, that divorce is a bad thing, (or even statistics that it is increasing to be honest) that society is held together by married partnerships.

It really isn't and never has been. I have yet to see a study that shows that marriage is actually better because of anything other than psychologically feeling "accepted" as doing the right thing in society. Or anything that you can get beyond a standard financial/emotional commitment to a partner.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

Fascinating choice of words.
  • jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,634
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    No, you're wrong. We must all turn to Ra and have as much sex as possible, with as many people as possible. If you're not bonking when you could be you're doomed. Fact.

Ra save me from a life of chastity. A much overrated 'virtue'.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether people are married or not, break ups can be hugely difficult, complicated and painful for either partner and especially chidren. So the less the better imo, but clearly not all human beings are designed for lifelong partnerships-the difference in the past 40 years is that society does not look down on lifestyle choices like it did.
    Its just a pity there is so much hurt.
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    since divorce is suggested in a heartbeat on this forum its no surprise. Husband is bad in bed DIVORCE, wife drinks too much DIVORCE, husband lost his job DIVORCE, wife is getting fat DIVORCE, husband not doing any housework DIVORCE
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the good Bishop is getting a little hysterical there. Too much Jeremy Kyle?
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    batgirl wrote: »
    No, you're wrong. We must all turn to Ra and have as much sex as possible, with as many people as possible. If you're not bonking when you could be you're doomed. Fact.
    jackthom wrote: »
    Ra save me from a life of chastity. A much overrated 'virtue'.

I think I will support this Ra character too. Nothing wrong with a bit of promiscuity if you are single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    N3dSt4rk wrote: »
    Yeh and gays are not always going on about how gay they are. Most people could not give a **** if you are gay, black, green or Italian

because heterosexuals would never ever emphasise just how heterosexual they were would they?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1669843
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Something is keeping you away. I know it's hard to understand, especially when you're supported by DS, which is overwhelmingly pro-gay, atheist, sex etc., but you are angry and miserable. It will only get worse and worse and worse.
    You don't know him so you cannot realistically prove about "angry and miserable"
  • Donk25Donk25 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see heterosexuals respecting the sacred institution of marriage... ;)

Complete hypocrites, yet they want to keep the ban on same sex marriages in their civil form.