666 park avenue - season 1 (US pace)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Episode 5 – A Crowd of Demons

And five weeks in, it’s Halloween, a perfect opportunity for 666 Park Avenue to finally deliver some punch…or was it???

This week, Gavin and Olivia organise a Halloween party at the Drake. Gavin starts receiving anonymous threat text messages and Olivia is nearly ran over by a speeding SUV whilst she was standing at a curb busily chatting away on her phone.

Henry has his fifteen minutes of fame and is interviewed on TV about his heroic save last week. Jane is further demoted when the reporter mentions that Henry is single and NY’s most eligible bachelor. After some chuckles regarding this, Henry and Jane meet Laurel a super confident PR woman who wants to aid Henry with his political career – one that everyone is intent he have except him it seems!

Back at the Drake, Brian the writer walks in to his wife Louise and a doctor who is massaging her abs on the sofa. It turns out that Louise who has a back story of addiction, is now secretly addicted to pain pills following the lift doors murder attempt on her a few weeks ago. At the same time, hot neighbour Alexis tells Brian that she will not bother him anymore, and meanwhile, Louise is trying to set Alexis up with the Abs massaging doctor.

Elsewhere in the building, it is revealed that Smoke Monster who Escaped from the Suitcase turns out to be Peter Kramer, a man who murdered his wife on Halloween Night in 1929. The Spooky Ghost Girl that Jane keeps seeing is also revealed to be his daughter.

Jane and Henry dress up for the party using Olivia’s donated costumes. Henry doesn’t know who Jane is meant to be. It seems the joke swooped pat the top of Henry’s headand he failed to connect the birds sitting on Jane’s shoulders and the major inexplicable incident that was the mysterious birds swooping out of the walls of the Drake and attacking Jane just a few short weeks ago! Henry…

Sheriff Henry and Jane bump into Smoke Monster Incarnate in the lift and Smoke Monster Incarnate recognises Jane’s necklace which seems to hold more value than what we have up until now thought! Realising this, Smoke Monster Incarnate bumps into Jane at the party causing her to spill her drink down her costume. Of course he was expecting our Jane to go back up to her apartment on her own to change and of course, he was right!

In a reversal to the norm, this week, Our Jane travels up to her apartment for a spooky encounter, rather than travelling down to the basement which was off limits to her this week! At her apartment she is spooked out by Little Ghost Girl who reveals that she has set her murderous father free; Jane even crouches down whilst talking to her and calls her “sweetie”. Bless! Following on from the Message Beyond the Grave, Jane checks the suitcase, which despite having sat in the closet last week – where even Tony returned it to after his own spooky episode, is this week nicely hidden away under the bed! Jane might have put it there in between episodes and failed to notice thatit was lighter and unlocked! Jane opens the suitcase and realises it is now unlocked and empty, but Smoke Monster was kind enough to leave her a newspaper cutting detailing his story and the incident! Jane now realises via flashback technique that Man In the Lift is indeed Peter Kramer the murderer!

After the discovery, Jane takes prolonged absence from the party downstairs to do some online research. She does so in her unlit apartment (power still hadn’t been cut off) wit her back to the entire apartment despite all the spooky goings-on! As expected, Smoke Monster Incarnate Peter crept up on her. Realising someone is in the apartment, Jane hides by the door holding a pair of scissors the wrong way up LOL. After a while she turns on the light and then everything seems different..it’s all her mind playing playing tricks, but BOO, Smoke Monster Incarnate appears and attacks her to which Jane exclaims “Peter Kramer…it can’t be you!” despite having presenced a dozen ghostly moments in the last five weeks.

The power goes out and Our Jane manages to break free from Smoke Monster Incarnate. She runs out in the hall and bumps into a wandering resident just a few short metres away from her own apartment! Perhaps she thought Smoke Monster Incarnate wouldn’t chase after her! And so, Wandering Resident lends her his phone to call the Police, but what with Our Jane only having run a few metres away from her own apartment, Smoke Monster Incarnate turns up and murders the Wandering Resident, whilst allowing Our Jane to run off AGAIN!!

Jane manages to run all the way down to a Kitchen…it seems the Drake has its own kitchen! Our Jane seems to have a preference for running into the lower levels of the building…why didn’t she just open the door to another floor and run into a neighbour’s apartment??? Or if she got that further down into the building, run into the party itself???? After running into the kitchen, Jane again manages to escape Smoke Monster Incarnate by cleverly hiding and using the Dumb Waiter to climb up to another floor! Smoke Monster Incarnate is not pleased!

Now on another floor, Our Jane hides out in an empty apartment – the one with the Killer Birds in the Walls, and also manages to sneak in a quick call to Henry and alert him to the fact that someone is after her and trying to kill her.

All this while, Henry has been at the party nattering to Laurel the PR Girl who continues to insist he take up a political career. She also develops further the plot point touched upon at the start of the episode in relation to Jane and henry’s non-marital status! This no doubt will play a major part in the story to come with the inevitable break-up of the couple! Anyways, Henry decides to go look for Jane after the power outage, and PR Girl tags along because she is “freaked out” by the Drake and everything that happens in it – at last, someone who acts in accordance with normality! It is whilst at their flat that Henry gets Our Jane’s phone call!

Smoke Monster Incarnate locates Jane but before he makes an attempt on her life, the Killer Birds Release themselves from Within the Walls of the Apartment and swoop in on Smoke Monster Incarnate dragging him back into the Walls! His Hatchet is forgotten behind! Henry turns up and embraces a much shaken Jane.

All the while during this hour, Writer Brian is becoming jealous of Wife Louise’s relationship with a Doctor whom he walked into massaging her abs on the sofa. Louise is seems is playing the doctor so that she can get some pain pills. Since the Door lifts tried to kill her, she has become addicted to pain pills, something dangerous and further accentuated by her back-story of having being addicted to pill popping when she was younger.
    Sexy Alexis from Across the Road tells Brian that she won’t bother him anymore, and follows Louise’s cue that she should get off with the Doctor. She does, and whilst at it, she steals his mobile phone and “hides” it in her fish-net stockings! Poor Doctor didn’t realise despite the fact the stockings were see-through and despite the fact he was touching her all over when we last saw them together!

Louise and Doc get stuck in the lift when the power goes out and Doc tries it on with Louise, so Writer Brian was right after all! Sexy Alexis uses Doc’s phone to text Louise’s forgotten-in-the-apartment phone a sexy message which Writer Brian later reads! At the end of this story, Writer Brian and Louise are clearly having marital problems and Alexis is smiling!

All this while, Gavin and Olivia had problems of their own. Gavin has been receiving mysterious threat messages and calls and Olivia was nearly run over by a speeding SUV whist she stood at a curb! Gavin also feeling sorry for Tony’s lack of action in the last five weeks, charged him with Olivia’s safekeeping whilst he mysteriously reveals an ornate box tucked away in his not-so-secret safe!

Poor Tony must have been distracted because Olivia is soon gassed and abducted by a Mask Wearing Man whilst Olivia is showing the Murder apartment to her girlfriends. Incidentally, her girlfriend must have been locked in that apartment well over the five accorded minutes! Wonder if we will come back next week to find out that she is still in there with her own spooky story!

Olivia is abducted and Gavin is notified. Tony sets off to find her and encounters the Mysterious Masked Man who duly hangs him. Gavin walks in and rescues Tony. Immediately after with Tony still recovering from having had a noose around his neck, he sends him off on an errand and Gavin discovers a peaceful Olivia sleeping on their terrace with no recollection of the abduction!

Police arrive, complete with paramedics treating residents – why would paramedics be treating residents who only suffered a power outage????? Jane re-tells her story but as Police approach the crime scenes, the Drake absorbs all evidence of anything – corpses, hatchets and all!

Jane was perfect this week! She is not exactly lead-material, but it was fun to watch her with all that screaming, running away from Monster scenes and basically everything else meeting the “Hot Girl in Horror Movie” clichés.
    Olivia and especially Tony continue to be nothing more than Accessories to the Story.
    Henry’s dimness is being stretched too much! It’s time to pace up and get him doing whatever it is that he is meant to be doing!
    If Writer Brian and Louise’s story was lame and boring, this further twist this week just made their story even more annoying!
  • Happy_ChappyHappy_Chappy Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone given up with this?

It's been confirmed as cancelled now - not sure I can bothered with the rest of the episodes - think they'll air just 13 in total.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Not suprised it was cancelled, ratings were bad plus a lot of the sets were destroyed during the hurricane.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still watching it and liking some parts - can not fault the cast.

But.....I think they have tried to be too mysterious. And they have tried to wear too many hats - supernatural thriller, political drama, love story, murder mystery.

I will probably stick to the end - I want to know where Jane has gone - but I am not too surprised it ended.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone given up with this?

It's been confirmed as cancelled now - not sure I can bothered with the rest of the episodes - think they'll air just 13 in total.
    Same here I think, Last Resort I'll see through till the end but I'm really not too bothered about finding out what happens in this.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( - sucky news as I'm following BOTH series.

Have a question though - do we know if their finales (ep13z) are cliffhanger-eps or story arc completion eps. Cos it'd be a right bugger to stick with them till the end only to be left hanging.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »

Have a question though - do we know if their finales (ep13z) are cliffhanger-eps or story arc completion eps. Cos it'd be a right bugger to stick with them till the end only to be left hanging.

Shawn Ryan of Last Resort has apparently tweeted that Last Resort's story will have a "kick-ass" ending in episode 13, so I'm fine with ending it there.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ rock on - shame it couldn't get a bigger audience but if he thinks the ending is a KA ending then bring it on :D
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    well with this and last resort being cancelled thats left me with next to no shows from this seasons crop of new ones. Except Arrow and Elementary, Revolution - and we all know about revolution, at least Elementary has been given a full 24 episode season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Jane and Henry remind me of Samantha and Darren from Bewitched
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »

The writers were given enough time and the finale for 666 is going to be a finale... no cliff hanger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I am sorry this show is going to be cancelled. But the last episode was billed as "Winter Finale" and it was certainly not conclusive. Does this mean there are still more shows planned before it all ends?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bob125 wrote: »
    I am sorry this show is going to be cancelled. But the last episode was billed as "Winter Finale" and it was certainly not conclusive. Does this mean there are still more shows planned before it all ends?
    13 Episodes have been filmed and should all be shown, the latest episode to be shown was Ep9.

So 4 more episodes to be shown next year, exactly when I don't know.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    13 Episodes have been filmed and should all be shown, the latest episode to be shown was Ep9.

So 4 more episodes to be shown next year, exactly when I don't know.

The 6th of January is probably the first date in the new year.
    Forum Member
    The 6th of January is probably the first date in the new year.

Yep,, the series resumes 6 Jan with episode 10
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    musickurt wrote: »
    Jane and Henry remind me of Samantha and Darren from Bewitched

Yes, we've been saying that all along. More so him than her, but it's a close resemblance.

Such a pity that this show is cancelled, just as it was getting really very good indeed. :(
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the one new show that i have been following, i find it a very easy watch.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been enjoying this, so it's a shame it's been cancelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episodes 10 and 11 are out as web downloads, I haven't seen them yet so don't know what they are like.
    spaintv wrote: »
    Yep,, the series resumes 6 Jan with episode 10

Well they didn't show them on the 6th, so it looks like they have cancelled it with unaired episodes. :(
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read on another forum that they were showing them in the Summer. So, it looks like that isn't the case, either, then. Thanks for the heads-up.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read on another forum that they were showing them in the Summer. So, it looks like that isn't the case, either, then. Thanks for the heads-up.

That still remains the case. They just haven't stated the specific air date for the summer.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    That still remains the case. They just haven't stated the specific air date for the summer.

ABC may have pulled the last four episodes of low-rated 666 Park Avenue but fans in Australia will be able to see how the series concludes. The cancelled show airs on FOX8 down under and the remaining installments are schedule to air this way:

January 21st — Episode 10: “Comfort of Death”

January 28th — Episode 11: “Sins of The Fathers”

February 4th — Episode 12: “The Elysian Fields”

February 11th — Episode 13: “Lazarus”

ABC hasn’t released any plans to run the remaining episodes but may choose to air them over the summer — more than six months after the ninth episode aired.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/666-park-avenue-final-episodes-airing-in-australia-26358/

Spain has also began airing the "unaired US episodes" this very week, with episode 10 having aired on the 29th January .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I've seen episode 10 and it was more of the same.

They really made a mistake making the Writer's story a main thread, rather than a one off, he is so boring and so is the story.

The show should have really been an 'Evil Fantasy Island' rather than a serial, although the main story with the couple could have linked all the stories together.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »

According to my info, it's 7th July 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episode 11 was relatively good. Still going slowly with the writer storyline. Still not sure what the heck is going on in general.

Now we have an old man who is now young (or even a different person) making another mosaic doorway but this time in a room, with the blood of young women.

And now the couple that own the place have sent their daughter downstairs (without any tea) for trying to get her father killed by a priest who could see evil in people.

This is a good example of a show that doesn't know how to give enough info to keep people interested, they should have learnt from Person of Interest.