Where are you going on holiday this year?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thailand for a month. Can't wait!
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hubby, the boy and I are off to Lanzagrotti for a week at the end of August, I'm just looking forward to a week of sunshine instead of this pooey British weather!

We spent the last week of March in Lanzarote.

We are going back the end of June for 11 nights....our 11th visit :)

Absolutely love the place :)
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Cornwall, again!

It's a big family tradition, that we all troop down there once a year. Don't get me wrong, I think Cornwall is beautiful, but I keep dropping hints about going to the continent instead, but nobody listens!

Oh well, I hope the sun shines on the patio at The Bowgie Inn this year!

Ha ha! That takes me back. The Bowgie was the first pub I drank in. Beautiful setting (or it was in 1980). Cornwall's always worth the effort...
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Sweden
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweden

Yes, you reminded me that I will be going to visit my son and family in Sweden later this year...he's coming here mid July.
  • Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    US road trip for most of June. Las Vegas, LA, San Diego, Phoenix, Monument Valley then up to Mount Rushmore and trundle across to Chicago then home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Dubrovnik in July for one week and hopefully to Majorca in September
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweden
    You're on holiday there now?
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. And we haven't been on holiday for two years because we have a poorly cat !
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Berlin, Germany in September.
    Returning after a visit 20 odd years ago.
  • TozzieTozzie Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    moneys a bit tight this year so we are going to Pontins in Wales.........hey, don't knock it, I got a reight bargain tha nos :p
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Waj_100 wrote: »
    Yes, you reminded me that I will be going to visit my son and family in Sweden later this year...he's coming here mid July.

Nice!
    You're on holiday there now?

I live here, and have lots here to do so no need to leave! :)
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money is a bit tight every year, but I might treat myself to a trip down to the bottom of the garden when it's a sunny day.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where have you been this year already? Where have you booked and when are you going? Did you get a good deal?

My friend and I have just booked three nights in Ibiza for next month. Cheap as chips. We just wanted some hot weather and beaches...though we'll be staying in San Antonio so we might have do some partying as well (I don't know if it'll be party season by then though).

It'll be our first holiday of the year.

San Antonio is nice enough, has a long beach around a bay. I really liked Ibiza town, which feels less 'English' if you like and has older buildings. There's some really great beaches around the island, so it's worth getting out of San Antonio if you have the time - I loved some of the beaches in the north the most.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went there on a day trip from Ibiza, nice place.

Very nice. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RosieBelle wrote: »
    We're off to South America for three weeks in May - Peru (including Machu Pichu), Argentina (Iguazu Falls) and Brazil (Rio). Then in August it's a week in Pefkos - we've been before, it's a great place!

You've just described my perfect trip! Shame I can't afford it this year, so I'll be looking at somewhere closer. Perhaps a week in the Med or maybe the Canary Islands, or Morocco at a push.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now considering Portugal.
  • PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am off to cape verde in november.

Not sure what to expect to be honest :s