Options

Jason and Gary

rosiegirlrosiegirl Posts: 196
Forum Member
Philip Schofield tweeted that Jason went to shake Gary's hand but Gary refused. There may have been words

Comments

• Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    rosiegirl wrote: »
    Philip Schofield tweeted that Jason went to shake Gary's hand but Gary refused. There may have been words

good on gary:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the slebs that Jason has insulted during the course of this series should have ganged up on him and shook him by the neck!
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Hope Sharron witnessed it :)
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but I agreed totally with Jason. Gary was dull dull dull, absolutely no personality whatsoever, and although his kid was cute (most of 'em are at that age) I too was fed up with being shown pics of her with "I love daddy" placard at every opportunity.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Jason's regular swipes at the celebs strike me as juvenile rather than offensive but making the comment about Gary's little girl, who was obviously having such a great time, was in very poor taste.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Sorry, but I agreed totally with Jason. Gary was dull dull dull, absolutely no personality whatsoever, and although his kid was cute (most of 'em are at that age) I too was fed up with being shown pics of her with "I love daddy" placard at every opportunity.[/QUOTE]

However that was hardly Gary`s fault - blame the camermen
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Sorry, but I agreed totally with Jason. Gary was dull dull dull, absolutely no personality whatsoever,

I agree totally with this, and the way he went on about his daughter last night was abit much, i agreed when Jason said he was milking the child thing.

I feared though that the public would vote for him to win cos of Jasons remarks but thankfully Hayley got more! phew!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    I agree totally with this, and the way he went on about his daughter last night was abit much, i agreed when Jason said he was milking the child thing.

I feared though that the public would vote for him to win cos of Jasons remarks but thankfully Hayley got more! phew!

As has been said many a time blame the camera man they showed all the shots. Gary is a proud dad and there is nothing wrong with that!:confused:
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason didn't make any offensive remarks about Gary's little girl, only about Gary playing the "kiddie card" which was true, and also he was right about him being dull in his performances, it's a wonder he came second.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1347 wrote: »
    As has been said many a time blame the camera man they showed all the shots. Gary is a proud dad and there is nothing wrong with that!:confused:

Er read my post properly! i don't think the camera man is to blame for Gary going on about his daughter!!! If they left those bits out then there'd be nothing to show! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on Gary. I certainly wouldn't shake Gardiner's hand if he had made comments about my child on air and called me a pillock on Twitter and constantly nick-picked fault with everything I did. Gardiner should realise that with every action comes a reaction. He was very lucky that Gary didn't land him one and give him a black eye - fancy making remarks about his little girl in front of him while she was in the audience. He really is a useless, cold-blooded and vicious waste of space.
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite enjoyed the fact that Gary made a reply about Jason's pillock remark. It was quite interesting, for someone who is supposed to be so gentle, Gary's eyes turned to steel when Jason started talking about his daughter.

Gary has shown some backbone, I'm saying this although I didn't support him. Good for him. For once, Jason was made to look stupid.
  • Options
    samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisy19 wrote: »
    Er read my post properly! i don't think the camera man is to blame for Gary going on about his daughter!!! If they left those bits out then there'd be nothing to show! :rolleyes:

Why shouldn't he "go on about his daughter" - he is a proud father and there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is tweeting nasty comments about celebs calling them pillocks and comparing them to a piece of excrement on live TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See post
  • Options
    NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a sad state of affairs when a dad can't gush about how excited his child is, without the sort of vitriolic responses you get from some people on here.

I am the mum of a 4 year old and it's true to say that I go on about my son a LOT ... it's what parents do.

It's easy for those that don't like Gary to say he was 'milking' that aspect or that it gained him votes. I didn't vote for Gary because of his 'story' or 'journey' but because I enjoyed his skating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    It's a sad state of affairs when a dad can't gush about how excited his child is, without the sort of vitriolic responses you get from some people on here.

I am the mum of a 4 year old and it's true to say that I go on about my son a LOT ... it's what parents do.

It's easy for those that don't like Gary to say he was 'milking' that aspect or that it gained him votes. I didn't vote for Gary because of his 'story' or 'journey' but because I enjoyed his skating.

Thanks Noah for your lovely post, I wish other people on here could understand there is nothing wrong, if you are a parent, in being proud! I voted for him on his skating and partnership with Maria too! Nobody has said that Hayley went on too much about her 'best friend' being her dance partner!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For once, Jason was made to look stupid.

In my opinion Gary was the one who looked stupid... bringing 'off air' issues onto the show and making it all about Jason instead of about his skating on the night. He came across like he was sulking and I went from apthy about him to active dislike.

Whilst I agree that there's nothing wrong with being proud of your children, Gary DID milk it. Danella has young children and occasionally made reference to her kids enjoying the show, but it wasn't as in your face as Gary. His whole VT about 'we're going to win it Daddy' was in bad taste... surely there were other things with the final he could focus on. The cameramen couldn't be helped, but plenty of other things Gary did and said in relation to India could have been.

I wonder how many people who are praising Gary's handshake snub were slagging off Jason for doing the same with Sharron a few weeks ago?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    In my opinion Gary was the one who looked stupid... bringing 'off air' issues onto the show and making it all about Jason instead of about his skating on the night. He came across like he was sulking and I went from apthy about him to active dislike.

Whilst I agree that there's nothing wrong with being proud of your children, Gary DID milk it. Danella has young children and occasionally made reference to her kids enjoying the show, but it wasn't as in your face as Gary. His whole VT about 'we're going to win it Daddy' was in bad taste... surely there were other things with the final he could focus on. The cameramen couldn't be helped, but plenty of other things Gary did and said in relation to India could have been.

I wonder how many people who are praising Gary's handshake snub were slagging off Jason for doing the same with Sharron a few weeks ago?

Well, I'm sorry but Jason started it with his "milking daughter" comment. That had nothing to do with skating, so Gary was right to refer to something that had nothing to do with skating. I don't like victims, and I don't like the fact that people have to stand their like cows waiting for the great man to sprout his vitrol. IMO Gary did the right thing.

Again Jason started the "I don't shake hands" policy, so he cannot be surprised if people don't shake his hands:rolleyes:. If Gary had refused to shake Robin's hand, because he only gave him a 5 or 5.5 then I would criticise him for it. As it is, he refused to shake Jason's hand who called him a pillock and accused him of using his daughter for the programme. Unfortunately, in normal life, nastiness has consequences. Jason has been allowed to get away with too much of his vitrol and unprofessional behaviour. He now finally may have to deal with the consequences.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm sorry but Jason started it with his "milking daughter" comment. That had nothing to do with skating, so Gary was right to refer to something that had nothing to do with skating. I don't like victims, and I don't like the fact that people have to stand their like cows waiting for the great man to sprout his vitrol. IMO Gary did the right thing.

Again Jason started the "I don't shake hands" policy, so he cannot be surprised if people don't shake his hands:rolleyes:. If Gary had refused to shake Robin's hand, because he only gave him a 5 or 5.5 then I would criticise him for it. As it is, he refused to shake Jason's hand who called him a pillock and accused him of using his daughter for the programme. Unfortunately, in normal life, nastiness has consequences. Jason has been allowed to get away with too much of his vitrol and unprofessional behaviour. He now finally may have to deal with the consequences.

Oh Lach... let us run away together like the dish and spoon :D

I was grinning like a shark when Gary gave it back to Jason, and good on him for not shaking his hand - what's great is that Jason has painted himself into a corner with this one, he can't go bitching on his Twitter about how pathetic it is that Gary didn't shake his hand or whatever without making himself out to be equally pathetic for snubbing Sharron. The main difference being that Jason has been horribly rude and dismissive towards Gary, culminating in the nasty comment about his daughter, giving Gary every right to refuse his handshake - whereas with Sharron, she did nothing whatsoever to warrant the personal attack from Jason; she was the one getting all the stick, and the snub at the end was the cherry on the cake. As Sharron put it "a final act of graceless arrogance from a man I'd expect nothing less of".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gary brought up the pillock thing before Jason mentioned his daughter. First thing out of Gary's mouth when he got a 4 .5 from Jason was along the lines of 'no pleasing him. Pillock wasn't it" Jason's first comments about Gary (the flying) were balanced and he mentioned improvement as well as a critisism about sameness of the routine, so Jason had hardly been slating him from the off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Droog83 wrote: »
    Oh Lach... let us run away together like the dish and spoon :D

I was grinning like a shark when Gary gave it back to Jason, and good on him for not shaking his hand - what's great is that Jason has painted himself into a corner with this one, he can't go bitching on his Twitter about how pathetic it is that Gary didn't shake his hand or whatever without making himself out to be equally pathetic for snubbing Sharron. The main difference being that Jason has been horribly rude and dismissive towards Gary, culminating in the nasty comment about his daughter, giving Gary every right to refuse his handshake - whereas with Sharron, she did nothing whatsoever to warrant the personal attack from Jason; she was the one getting all the stick, and the snub at the end was the cherry on the cake. As Sharron put it "a final act of graceless arrogance from a man I'd expect nothing less of".

Let's do that, needless to say another post that could have been written by myself or my long lost twin:D.
    GerriP wrote: »
    Gary brought up the pillock thing before Jason mentioned his daughter. First thing out of Gary's mouth when he got a 4 .5 from Jason was along the lines of 'no pleasing him. Pillock wasn't it" Jason's first comments about Gary (the flying) were balanced and he mentioned improvement as well as a critisism about sameness of the routine, so Jason had hardly been slating him from the off.

I will have to listen to it again, as I don't remember it this way around:o.

Nonetheless it won't change my mind. At the very least, Jason started it with the pillock comment. If Jason hadn't called Gary and Kieron a pillock, Gary could not have responded to Jason about the pillock comment (if you get what I mean). I'm pleased he has, as Jason seems to think that his behaviour is acceptable.
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I do think Jason has, at times, gone way too far this series in his"feedback" to Gary and Sharron I did think a few times this series that Gary was playing the 'cute daughter' card a few times more than necessary. It struck me a bit like the sob-stories in X-Factor and BGT that we see a lot of, where winning will mean so much to the contestant's children/village/dead relative/etc. I don't remember Suzanne playing the 'cure son' card in her series - 'I want to win it for Corey'. Likewise, I don't think jessica ever mentioned wanting to get through so she could skate Bolero for her mum until after she'd been eliminated.

(I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong by the way!)

As for Gary directly - yes, he is a good skater, very good. However, his overall performances left me bored and I never voted for him because of this. I had a big grin on my face last night after both Hayley and Kieron's performances (and some of Daniella's and Danny's earlier in the series). Gary just left me cold, so I understand what Jason meant about him not 'selling the performance'. I suppose it depends on what you're focusing on how you judge the whole thing - is it about the DANCING, or the ON ICE bit that you focus on? As someone with little expertise in either area, it's a combination of both, but if I feel that someone is only good at both aspects will I vote for them. If I was only looking at the DANCING bit I wouldn't have been a fan of Gary's either.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perfectly put, as usual. I totally agree! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    Why shouldn't he "go on about his daughter" - he is a proud father and there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is tweeting nasty comments about celebs calling them pillocks and comparing them to a piece of excrement on live TV.
    Nobody said he shouldn't go on about her, just not SO much!
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    It is also easy for his fans such as you to say he wasn't milking it.

Chris1347 wrote: »
    Thanks Noah for your lovely post, I wish other people on here could understand there is nothing wrong, if you are a parent, in being proud! I voted for him on his skating and partnership with Maria too! Nobody has said that Hayley went on too much about her 'best friend' being her dance partner!
    I really wish you people would understand that nobody said he couldn't do it, he just did it TOO much!! a big difference! :rolleyes: