Options

Forbrydelsen BBC4-REWATCH (No tags needed for Spoilers)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
Forum Member
✭✭
The long awaited repeat of the original Danish The Killing starts on BBC4 this coming Sunday. It will be on five nights a week, Sunday to Thursday. This thread is for those of us who have already seen it and want to discuss every aspect of the 20 episodes right from the start. For example talking about the killer, the house, Nanna running through the woods at the very start etc etc. If you haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled then you are in the throng thread:):) Please note: Any talk of Forbrydelsen II will be considered as spoilers and appropriate action will be taken. Right, that's the ground rules laid out.

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LONG awaited? Won’t this be your third viewing of all 20 hours worth since the start of the year!?!?!? :D

I want to leave this a few years before I watch it again so it doesn’t become rote and overfamiliar.

I see the American remake is dying a death on C4. Having watched a couple of eps I’m not surprised in the slightest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been the most over-rated show on TV this year (imo anyway).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    LONG awaited? Won’t this be your third viewing of all 20 hours worth since the start of the year!?!?!? :D

I want to leave this a few years before I watch it again so it doesn’t become rote and overfamiliar.

I see the American remake is dying a death on C4. Having watched a couple of eps I’m not surprised in the slightest.

Yep, long awaited for several reasons. Looking forward to discussing all aspects of the events with knowledgeable fans. Other FMs haven't done a rewatch so it's long awaited for them. And of course the main reason- once TK1 has reaired we have TK2 to come.

I'm enjoying the AMC version but haven't seen any ratings for it. Do you have info on how badly it is doing Straker?
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, long awaited for several reasons. Looking forward to discussing all aspects of the events with knowledgeable fans. Other FMs haven't done a rewatch so it's long awaited for them. And of course the main reason- once TK1 has reaired we have TK2 to come.

I'm enjoying the AMC version but haven't seen any ratings for it. Do you have info on how badly it is doing Straker?

Would feel odd watching only one ep at a time. It was a stroke of genius to double them up allowing total immersion. I would vouchsafe that it wouldn’t have been quite the word-of-mouth smash if it was spread out over 20 weeks instead of just 10.

I read in Radio Times that it was losing viewers by the shedload. I expect the Ratings boffins in that thread have it broken down into percentages.

I hope BBC4 start teasing us with some trails for S2. Only seen one thus far and it immediately makes you want to see the whole thing. Does anyone know if there’s a legal subbed DVD set of it available anywhere? Not interested in downloads, just the discs.
  • Options
    Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there’s a legal subbed DVD set of it available anywhere? Not interested in downloads, just the discs.

You can find it here.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I see the American remake is dying a death on C4.

1.17 million viewers for the last episode, according to the "overnights." Still double the number of Brits that ever watched the Danish version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can find it here.

Straker was after Season 2 DVDs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting stance on the Spoilers in this thread. I came in because I thought 'oh, great, I missed the original run, watched AMCs version and really liked it and want to make my own mind up about if this version is really so much better than the remake. It'll be great to be able to talk about it as I go'

Obviously as you say this isn't the thread for me. Usually people are very keen to get new audiences into their favourite shows, but the overiding feeling I've been left with now is 'sod off newbies' and really isn't helping the overall impression I've picked up about people who do sing the praises of the original series.

Enjoy the rewatch
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    GerriP wrote: »
    Interesting stance on the Spoilers in this thread. I came in because I thought 'oh, great, I missed the original run, watched AMCs version and really liked it and want to make my own mind up about if this version is really so much better than the remake. It'll be great to be able to talk about it as I go'

Obviously as you say this isn't the thread for me. Usually people are very keen to get new audiences into their favourite shows, but the overiding feeling I've been left with now is 'sod off newbies' and really isn't helping the overall impression I've picked up about people who do sing the praises of the original series.

Enjoy the rewatch

Well, Barnsleykeith is a person who kept an open-mind about the remake, but I know what you mean about the people you have in mind.:)

Do watch the original if you are inclined to do so. I haven't watched more than the first episode of the Danish series but have the DVD set and intend to watch the full season, having already seen, and liked, the first season of the US show.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »

Enjoy the rewatch

Don't be put off, just use the appropriate thread, this one perhaps?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1501858

Perhaps BK can ask the mods to change the title to reflect that this one will include spoilers.

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Don't be put off, just use the appropriate thread, this one perhaps?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1501858

Perhaps BK can ask the mods to change the title to reflect that this one will include spoilers.

K

I thought rewatch covered it. You can't be watching for the first time and doing a rewatch. Anyway asked the mods to change the title so it's absolutely clear what this thread is about.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but IIUC the "forum norm" is for the thread title to include "includes untagged spoilers" or "spoilers allowed" to clarify what's going to be happening in a particular thread. Otherwise there's a danger of two related threads being merged!!!! :eek:

I think the "rewatch" moniker may also be confusing because of the situation with the existence of the US version (although calling this thread "Forbrydelsen", rather than "The Killing (BBC4)" should be a clear enough clue!)

K
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    I agree, but IIUC the "forum norm" is for the thread title to include "includes untagged spoilers" or "spoilers allowed" to clarify what's going to be happening in a particular thread. Otherwise there's a danger of two related threads being merged!!!! :eek:

I think the "rewatch" moniker may also be confusing because of the situation with the existence of the US version (although calling this thread "Forbrydelsen", rather than "The Killing (BBC4)" should be a clear enough clue!)

K

Yep, fair enough. I think the other thread you mention for first time viewers will need ''No Spoilers'' or ''Spoilers in Tags'' to be absolutely clear for everyone posting. At the moment Killing repeat is too open for abuse for my liking. But the OP will have to sort that out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Title sorted out now. I think that's clear enough.
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    1.17 million viewers for the last episode, according to the "overnights." Still double the number of Brits that ever watched the Danish version.

Probably because it's in English and on a more mainstream channel. Some people don't like subbed programmes, they can't handle reading subtitles and watching what's going on at the same time:D
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this repeat is a precursor to them showing the second series of Forbrydelsen at some point this Autumn or Winter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I hope this repeat is a precursor to them showing the second series of Forbrydelsen at some point this Autumn or Winter.

I've heard Autumn for TK2. So BBC4 burns of the TK1 repeat and then we will get season 2 shortly afterwards-hopefully.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I'm going to do is Sky+ the repeats and watch them later so I can go through them in more detail
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nordic Noir being repeated as a precursor to Forbrydelsen.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Evening all,

I am so looking forward to this. I am watching and recording.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Evening all,

I am so looking forward to this. I am watching and recording.

Evening dekaf. A kind of deja vu, no?

One thing we won't be up while 4am discussing various aspects of the show, will we?:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    What I'm going to do is Sky+ the repeats and watch them later so I can go through them in more detail

Do you have a DVD recorder Verence? To save them ''forever''
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Evening dekaf. A kind of deja vu, no?

One thing we won't be up while 4am discussing various aspects of the show, will we?:D:D

Absolutely, BK. It's nice to be back in the fold. I am wondering how different it will be this time, knowing 'who did it'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Absolutely, BK. It's nice to be back in the fold. I am wondering how different it will be this time, knowing 'who did it'.

Even better second time around. Was for me anyway. It's so much more than a whodunnit. The morgue scene is even more powerful because we know who Theis, Pernille and Nanna are now. Just one example of many.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin Beck being talked about on the NN Doc. Some FMs have said they would like BBC4 to show these.