Options

Why does Real Player basic not allow me to convert videos to my ipod?

rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
Forum Member
✭✭
In the past Real Player basic allowed me to convert downloaded videos form Youtube so I could then put them on my ipod. For the first time in a while I tried to do it yesterday but a window opens up saying upgrade to Real Player + which is £29.99. How long has this been the case? is there a way round it? Is there any other programs or applications that will allow me to convert Youtube videos?

Comments

• Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This should do the job http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Read the installation options carefully for other software it may try to install
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Use some other YouTube downloaders to do that.
    It helps you download videos and then converts them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    This should do the job http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Read the installation options carefully for other software it may try to install
    Use some other YouTube downloaders to do that.
    It helps you download videos and then converts them.

Thanks guys for the advice and it works. Thank you!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I don't know which ipod you have but on my Classic if I download YouTube videos in MP4 format at either 240 or 360 resolution there is no conversion required. Just pop them straight into iTunes.

I use Jdownloader to grab the YouTube link and it will give me all the .flv and .mp4 options to download with others as well.
  • Options
    Snake_EaterSnake_Eater Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    real player is still going? damn!! I thought that was left behind in the late 1990's
  • Options
    Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RP is still going? I thought that miserable piece of bloated money grubbing crap was euthanised years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know which ipod you have but on my Classic if I download YouTube videos in MP4 format at either 240 or 360 resolution there is no conversion required. Just pop them straight into iTunes.

I use Jdownloader to grab the YouTube link and it will give me all the .flv and .mp4 options to download with others as well.

Yes, I have an ipod classic I may try that as well.
  • Options
    R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RP is still going? I thought that miserable piece of bloated money grubbing crap was euthanised years ago.
    The only reason to keep it is because it allows you to download videos off of webpages. For playback of videos I use VLC instead.