Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Everton 2-1 up. Even a draw would be good for us.

Great block, Luiz.
    Forum Member
    .....shit.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Everton 2-1 up. Even a draw would be good for us.

Great block, Luiz.

I don't know, Everton are a threat as well. A draw would be best.

Now we're a goal down, not looking good.
    Forum Member
    I don't think Everton have it in them to get enough wins for top 4, as witnessed today.

Weird goal to equalize. Good run from Nando, awful touch from Oscar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now winning 2-1, never a dull moment with us, is there ? :)
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Branislav Inavovic is in the WM spirit lol.

*you can't see me*
  • ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Branislav Inavovic is in the WM spirit lol.

*you can't see me*

Haha PMSL! :D:D

Great win today! Ivanovic's form seems to be picking up again which is good to see.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a poor game but its 3 points.
    Forum Member
    Any news on Ba? I assume he went off injured?

Bertrand looks so much better when he's slotting in to replace Cole than he does when he is thrown in to a heavily rotated team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on Ba? I assume he went off injured?

I don't know. He was struggling after a nasty challenge by Gardner. But it's not too serious, I don't think.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All we can hope is we just grind out wins for the rest of the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    All we can hope is we just grind out wins for the rest of the season.

I'm not going to tempt fate by saying what we could end up with if we managed that. But it would end up being a pretty good season. :)
    Forum Member
    Shame Tottenham get a break next week. We could do with them having as many Bale-less games as possible.

At least we have a comfortable lead for Thursday. Wouldn't be surprised to see Moses-Benayoun-Marin.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member
    Didn't watch the game, but will catch the highlights later. Good win though.

Spurs not winning came as no surprise - they tend to struggle after European games. Fortunate for them really that they haven't got a game next weekend after their trip to Basle.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Bale either is a big blow for them. They arent a one man team but theres no doubt Bale is playing very very well at the moment and adds to their team massively.

Agreed that it may not have been pretty but the result is what matters. I suspect we will have to grind out a lot of results in the foreseeable future... still think fourth is very dodgy right now... I think we will have to beat Spurs in our home game if we want any chance of top 4.
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    3 wins in a week what is going on :eek:

Needed to win today to get the 3 points,and spurs dropping points was a bonus.back up to 3rd :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back up to third - I'm going to carry on being negative as it seems to be working!!
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Everton have it in them to get enough wins for top 4, as witnessed today.

Weird goal to equalize. Good run from Nando, awful touch from Oscar.

If Everton had had a halfway decent player budget they could be a very dangerous team.

Torries coming on changed the game.

The amount of games did look like it was showing.

Think if we get a point from our game against Spurs (at this rate it be played during pre-season) if we dont f up any other games to badly it should be enough
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say it as many times as you like, but he is having an atrocious season.

18 goals is not attrocious though and thats a FACT as your manager would say

im well aware hes not playing well but for a striker to net 18 goals in a season saves him for attrocious tag imo

hes doing ok, not great...just ok

fully expect him to get 20 at least by end of season
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

im well aware hes not playing well but for a striker to net 18 goals in a season saves him for attrocious tag imo

Yep he doing decent.

Its funny we accuse Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool of being a one man team yet we want to become one of those ourselfs.

The league is all that matters to Arsenal,Spurs and Liverpool etc but thats because the only thing they have to play for is to finish aas high up the league as possible and thats it.

We have scored something like 120 odd goals this season shared amongst the whole team.

What would people rather have? A 25 a season league goal scorer like Spurs and Liverpool have and no trophys?

Is he the Torries of Liverpool, Nope of course not because if he did not score the goals nobody would have, Take yesterdays game he would have had to try and score instead of passing to Oscar because there would have been nobody to pass it.

He going to break the 20 goals mark this season (if we go though in both cups) and double figures in assists. That to me is a decent return considering we have not been anywhere near a decent level this season

The media want a 25 league goal a season player while what we need is players who can add more to our current tally of goals from across the pitch and players who can make tackles and who's first touch is not simular to childrens TV presenters from the 80s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be too worried about Torres only scoring 15/20 goals a season if his all round contribution was good. But that's not always been the case, has it ?
    From what I could see from the brief highlights yesterday he was very much involved, that's great. But can we expect the same in the future ? Far too often, we've seen him contribute very little, and looking as if he'd sooner be somewhere else. I guess it depends on which Torres turns up on the day ? He's lost that dynamic pace, but as I've said many times before, if he is willing (and able) to adapt his game he could still be a very useful player.
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

Like I said in a later post, the majority of his goals have no effect on results. He can't be relied on to score important goals - we've seen him choke far too often this season. Usually, the ball gets to him and he runs into defenders or passes it back to their keeper...it's horrible to watch..

The overall goal total masks a very poor season but, as long as they don't bother to look a little deeper, it might be enough to convince someone to take a punt.

I don't care who scores as long as we win. My issue with Torres when he doesn't score is the chances he wastes, same with any other striker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torres has had a 4/10 season - he's been completely missing in so many matches that part of the reason we haven't sown up a CL spot is down to him, also he cocked us up in the FIFA World Club Championship by failing to score from 5 yards out, and in the Carling Cup semi 1st leg when we pissed all over Swansea and lost 2-0.

That said I'll still maintain it's 50 mill well spent due to a) his Barca goal and b) him winning the corner for the Drogba header. Two major contributions to help us win our first Champs League.
  • ICT User 77ICT User 77 Posts: 11,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three wins in a week! In the FA cup semis, in control of the Rubin game and a nice win over Sunderland for some Premier League points.

Fully expect a few players to be left out for the Rubin game. We've got a two goal advantage to defend so can see Rafa taking a defensive stance.

Do we know what's happening with De Bruyne? Apparently Chelsea want him to return from Werder Bremen at the end of the season, so that he can go out on loan again to a bigger team.

Surely we should be looking at keeping players like him in the squad. Don't mind players going out on loan to get some playing time but De Bruyne has looked good this season and could certainly add to the squad. Does he really need to be loaned out again to another club.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member
    De Bruyne should definitely be in the squad next season. Benayoun will have gone and Marin should be shipped out, so space shouldn't be an issue.

Regarding Torres, he's often criticised for only scoring 7 goals in the Premier League this season, and rightly so. I do think though that Oscar has got away scott free from much comment when he has only chipped in with 1 goal (a penalty) in a similar number of games in the league. Granted he's not a striker but he is an attacking midfielder so you'd expect a better return.
This discussion has been closed.