Options

Can Kate Ritchie save Home and Away?

13»

Comments

• Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Kate Ritchie posted a pic earlier on saying "See you another time Palmy" so I'm guessing she filmed her final scenes at Palm Beach today. It hit me that even though I cannot wait for her return, I'm also going to have to say goodbye....I still havent gotten over the last time!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I commented on one of Kate's pics on FB and she replied and tagged me! Over the moon!! Its the little things in life...!!
  • Options
    ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I commented on one of Kate's pics on FB and she replied and tagged me! Over the moon!! Its the little things in life...!!

SAME :D .... I WAS OVER THE MOON :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a horrible feeling Pippa Snr is going to die
  • Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a horrible feeling Pippa Snr is going to die

Hope not!! Would be sad if Pippa Snr will die :(. Ray Meagher recently said in this DS interview, "when she comes back, the storylines are going to rip your heart out! They're going to be very moving, but I can't say any more than that."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s15/home-and-away/interviews/a487887/home-and-away-ray-meagher-talks-alf-stories-sally-and-more.html#ixzz2VWquaqBe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, killing off Pippa Snr. eh? H & A seems almost laughably determined to destroy what made it great in the first place. Who needs Hitler! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will her episodes start to air? I can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It ties in with what Ray said, is a reason for Sally to come home and we haven't seen Pippa in 4 years and when we last did they destroyed her character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It ties in with what Ray said, is a reason for Sally to come home and we haven't seen Pippa in 4 years and when we last did they destroyed her character.

How did they destroy Pippa in 2009? I thought Pippa was great IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She came back to work in the Diner had little interaction with people and at the time they even said they cut a lot of her scenes. New viewers would probably have been thinking who the hell is this woman and why is she here? I thought she was fantastic in the run up to Sally's exit. After Sally got stabbed she took over the house and it was the Pippa we loved but her next return, without Sally, was pointless
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would Sally come back to summer bay if Pippa died she doesn't live there so it would seem abit strange unless its what brings her back to Australia & she then comes back to the bay?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She came back to work in the Diner had little interaction with people and at the time they even said they cut a lot of her scenes. New viewers would probably have been thinking who the hell is this woman and why is she here? I thought she was fantastic in the run up to Sally's exit. After Sally got stabbed she took over the house and it was the Pippa we loved but her next return, without Sally, was pointless

Thanks for the info :) - I remembered that. It felt weird having Pippa back as Sally was no longer there anymore. I wonder why HAA cut many of Pippa's scenes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Pippa would want to be buried in Summer Bay because its where her first two husbands and a lot of her family are buried. It's also still technically Sally's home as she owns the house so it would seem natural for her to be buried there. It would also mean that Sally wouldn't be the only Fletcher returning although the rest would probably stay a day or two. It just seems plausible that Sally would come home after someone dying. I reckon it's either Pippa or Cassie but Pippa would have a bigger impact especially as H&A is 25 this year.

They sometimes film more scenes than they need to and it's common to cut them but with Pippa she had such few scenes and her return seemed pointless I think if they had given her what they intended to her return might have worked better? For Sally's exit episode they had originally put in other scenes with her saying goodbye to other people and they showed this to test audiences. Apparently they were all heartbreaking and by the time it got to Sally and Alf saying goodbye people had been so upset the entire episode that the impact wasn't as good so they cut all the other goodbyes so the Alf one would be more poignant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kate was back at Palm Beach today doing interviews for Irish TV. I'm hoping we get a promo once Charlie's return airs next week
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I dont think it needs saving. Its a program that I watch and chills me out. Not like EE which is depressing.
    I Sit down watch it and enjoy chilling out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "I had to come back, but I'm afraid to tell them why" is the single most exciting sentence I have heard on TV in a very very long time!! Four weeks and counting!!
  • Options
    GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be good to see Kates rack back in the bay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sally returns July 15th
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Sally returns with a massive gun and finishes off the Braxtons and Bianca and April. Sick of the sight of them.

I've not watched Home and Away for that long, so not sure how good Sally really is and how she will save Home and Away to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    I hope Sally returns with a massive gun and finishes off the Braxtons and Bianca and April. Sick of the sight of them.

I've not watched Home and Away for that long, so not sure how good Sally really is and how she will save Home and Away to be honest.

Sally was one of the show's most popular characters ever and she was in the show for 20 years.