Radio Times: Best Doctor poll

Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For those who are interested. Same as digitalspy's poll. David Tennant ahead again!!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-11-02/who-is-the-best-doctor-of-all-time

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Is it me, or can you vote multiple times by hitting the 'back to poll' button?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, with that in mind, let’s try and choose the best one anyway.

There is no best. There is a favourite amongst the people who actually vote.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the word favourite as opposed to best.

Favourite is a better word and subjective.
    Best implies it is a fact. Interestingly, Radio Times- renowned for their journalistic prowess have used the 'best' terminology.
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »

When I try again it say it's already counted my vote.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    The 10th Doctor seems to have become something of a 'Sarah Jane' in the popularity/best polls.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »

The first time you vote it says "Thank you for Voting" any further votes gets you the message "Thank You we have already counted your vote".

So presumably they don't count any past your first vote.

Though to experiment I did vote for one doctor multiple times and his % went up each time (could of course be down to other people voting at the same time) so who knows.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't we all just gang together and vote for Colin like they did with Adric in the other poll? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't we all just gang together and vote for Colin like they did with Adric in the other poll? :D

:D:D:D:D Will this poll close due to multiple votes too?
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be chucking a vote Peter Davison's way. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    For those who are interested. Same as digitalspy's poll. David Tennant ahead again!!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-11-02/who-is-the-best-doctor-of-all-time

The Power of the Fangirls. :D

I refuse to vote in these polls as they are not for real Doctor Who fans ;)
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I just voted for him three times and he's only gone up by 0.03% so it will take a while
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    McGann ahead of Tom Baker...I don't think so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McGann ahead of Tom Baker...I don't think so.

We may be getting another Adric Situation :D

A couple of hours ago Tennant was on 63% and McGann down near the bottom. Now Tennant has dropped to 47% and McGann is over 10%.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone see the result so far?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Can anyone see the result so far?

Looks like they've hidden the results and put in a captcha filter to stop auto voting which is what happened with the Companion poll as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Looks like they've hidden the results and put in a captcha filter to stop auto voting which is what happened with the Companion poll as well.

Oooh interesting!!! Thanks Corwin.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »

They probably read this thread :D

Prior to the changes they made all you needed to do was use a different IP address to get around the "Thank You we have already counted your vote"
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These things are statistically pointless. Clearly, votes will be split more amongst the classic series Doctors because there are 8 to choose from. Whereas votes from younger viewers (or ignorant viewers who can't be bothered to watch the older episodes) who primarily only know the new series only have 3 to choose from. Obviously, this means these three will have to share out votes less thinly and will have a greater chance of polling strongly than the classic ones.