Are there any items or products you get embarrassed buying?

Comments

• pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today is Asda, I was looking for toilet paper and they'd moved it. Even though an assistant was standing in front of me, I couldn't bring myself to ask for it, so just wandered around till I found where they'd shifted it.

I have no idea why, I don't usually get so shy.

Should've shouted OI WHERE'S THE SHIT PAPER
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Butt plugs.

I kind of knew that Lems :) so pleased that you have now admitted to it
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Today is Asda, I was looking for toilet paper and they'd moved it. Even though an assistant was standing in front of me, I couldn't bring myself to ask for it, so just wandered around till I found where they'd shifted it.

I have no idea why, I don't usually get so shy.

Then just ask for either Tissues (pretend you have a cold) or Kitchen Rolls they are more often than not in the same aisle.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Are you male? If so you shouldn't be embarrassed - I think people are aware they're not for you lol

I am, but it was about 8.00 am and at a local newsagent. It was not a supermarket where there are a couple of other odds and sods you could buy to cover yourself.

Another example,when I was at University, the group of boys I lived with would have a ritual of buying the Daily Sport every day. They would take it in turns of buying it. Thankfully, I managed to avoid participating. I remember one of their stories was Adolf Hitler possibly homosexual and their headline was 'Hitler took it up the s***er.'
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    I used to get embarrassed buying Euromillions/lottery tickets etc. The chances of me actually winning are slim to none (in fact, they're just none) and I always thought the person behind the till thought I was a mug for playing the lottery, and I never liked buying them.

That's as crazy as my stories get, I'm afraid.

Why none? Were you doing it wrong?
  • snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember years ago if you bought thrush treatment in our local Boots the assistant always shouted " CANESTON" to the chemist . Must have been rules because the chemist always acknowledged her !
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Should've shouted OI WHERE'S THE SHIT PAPER
    :D:D
    Forum Member
    Then just ask for either Tissues (pretend you have a cold) or Kitchen Rolls they are more often than not in the same aisle.
    Believe it or not, in my Asda, the tissues and bog rolls are not even in the same aisle!
    Forum Member
    There is no way on earth I'd actually utter the name 'Anusol', if ever I needed it. If I couldn't point at it, I'd suffer.

What idiot thought that was a good name for a bum treatment?
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vaseline, Frozen sausages and Chicken in Iceland.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    There is no way on earth I'd actually utter the name 'Anusol', if ever I needed it. If I couldn't point at it, I'd suffer.

Looking at the word you can't even pronounce it slightly different as that would just be anus ol (oil)

Not any better
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    yellowpark wrote: »
    Vaseline, Frozen sausages and Chicken in Iceland.

Well it depends how big the jar of Vaseline is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoopy33 wrote: »
    Remember years ago if you bought thrush treatment in our local Boots the assistant always shouted " CANESTON" to the chemist . Must have been rules because the chemist always acknowledged her !

I wouldn't even mind that but it's when they start discussing your symptoms to make sure you're not arbitrarily buying thrush cream when you might have some other disease that the horrors set in.
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Looking at the word you can't even pronounce it slightly different as that would just be anus ol (oil)

Not any better
    They might as well have called it 'Arsehole' and be done with it. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Online chemists must be heaven for people who need anusol.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just grab the Daily Mail when I run out of paper

Buum-Buum!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Nothing embarrasses me now but sanitary products used to make me blush. I don't think I care anymore! That's the upside of getting older :)
    Forum Member
    Cherry_ wrote: »
    Nothing embarrasses me now but sanitary products used to make me blush. I don't think I care anymore! That's the upside of getting older :)
    It gets even better, when you get older than that and don't need them any more!
    Forum Member
    It gets even better, when you get older than that and don't need them any more!

Or you have to start buying worse things like tena lady! Hopefully I'll not need them anytime soon.. I'm only 27!
    Forum Member
    Or you have to start buying worse things like tena lady! Hopefully I'll not need them anytime soon.. I'm only 27!
    Oh God, don't! I'll have it sewn up before I use those things!
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm nearing menopause and I still find buying sanitary products embarrassing.

Well okay, maybe not menopausal yet but I have no idea why I find buying them so embarrassing.
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    I'm nearing menopause and I still find buying sanitary products embarrassing.

Well okay, maybe not menopausal yet but I have no idea why I find buying them so embarrassing.

No that's strange isn't it! Oh well, there not much you can do :)
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relica wrote: »
    Gary Barlow's and Robbie Williams albums for my girlfriend at Christmas. I nearly died.

I think I would have done as well.

Also, foods that allegedly make your breath smell?

Foods that smell themselves like fresh fish? It draws attention when you get to the checkout from the shoppers in front of you in the queue when you plaice it on the till belt.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

See that wouldn't embarrass me, after working in a hospital I view them in a clinical way... a surprising amount of females and males use tena products.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    self service tills are ace