A tuner / recorder for Astra 19.2 (for German TV) - not a Freesat+ recorder?

Our one satellite dish is aligned with Astra 19.2, so that we can watch German TV (we live the the UK). At the moment we only have a very basic SD receiver and I want to get an HD receiver / recorder. I'm not interested in picking up UK TV via satellite.

Having browsed this forum, I get the impression, for example from this thread http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1952996, that any kind of Freesat box is probably not the way to go, because of the way that it will be tied to the Freesat service and the limited, clunky options available for receiving and in particular recording, non-Freesat channels.

I assume then that the best option would be for us to buy a receiver/recorder that is aimed at the German market, and just ship it over the the UK. For example something like this www.amazon.de/Humax-Satelliten-Receiver-Festplatte-CI-Schächte-Scartanschlüsse/dp/B001GZNHVC/ would seem like the right thing.

I also assume that the EPG and recording facility on a German box like this will by default be set up for a "standard" German satellite - which I assume is Astra 19.2, though I'm not 100% sure.

Can anyone confirm that this would be the best way to go? Anyone have any experience with doing that? Any recommendations for the box?

Thanks!

Comments