hollyoaks why have they turned Cameron into a villain

grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Before I quite liked Cameron and he had a strong motive but making him a murderer was boring because everyone else is and it's annoying because now Ziggy is going to be the big hero and how long is Cameron staying in hollyoaks or are they going to have another murderer walk the street for months. BK doesn't plan up to one week ahead. So he thinks of the shocks and then he doesn't know what to do with the character, is that why his brother is coming?

Comments

• Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before I quite liked Cameron and he had a strong motive but making him a murderer was boring because everyone else is and it's annoying because now Ziggy is going to be the big hero and how long is Cameron staying in hollyoaks or are they going to have another murderer walk the street for months. BK doesn't plan up to one week ahead. So he thinks of the shocks and then he doesn't know what to do with the character, is that why his brother is coming?

To be honest I think Cameron is sticking around and so that means
    something is going to happen to Ziggy and/or Tegan and from the clip of the stunts it may be both die. I don't think they'd get rid of Danny and Sam to then get rid of Cameron after just 2 months especially as his brother is going to join soon.

I am not liking the forced nicey nice Grace and Trevor. Big Bob is a joke. For murderers it does not suit them being all nice and acting like they just want " a normal life". Sorry but too much has happened to contradict that life. If Grace had not been a murderer and knew nothing of Fraser's gangster life etc then maybe this nicey nice Grace would be believable. So Theresa getting out of jail even though she did it makes no sense and Cameron walking free for the same amount of time Theresa has would be wrong. Although he was locked up for 14 years for something he didn't do so he does have that unlike Theresa.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's annoying how so many of the characters in HO are villains/villainous/murderers/gangsters :( like, I get that recently especially, it's OTT and I guess that's the route it'll be going down but seriously..

We have Cindy, Mercedes, Lindsey (I'll include them as murderers with the Browning scenario), Sonny, Theresa, Finn, Sienna, Patrick, Rick, Freddie, Trevor, Grace, Bob and now Cameron.. I remember reading an interview saying they wouldn't turn his character into a villain :( guess that was a lie.
  • kelly_barnardkelly_barnard Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there will be a twist
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there will be a twist

The twist could be that
    it was Cameron's brother, but Cameron made out to Freddie it was himself as Freddie is also a murderer
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    I don't think it would be Cameron's brother as I don't see why they would introduce a new character only to get rid of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I don't think he killed them on purpose, he just wanted to stop Peri leaving. He could have been a great character but no they have to turn him into a villain.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Annoys me so much. I love Cameron then oh he killed. God damn it Hollyoaks
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member
    I don't think he killed them on purpose, he just wanted to stop Peri leaving. He could have been a great character but no they have to turn him into a villain.

Agreed, he could of been a great character played by a good actor, but now he has been turned into a villian and killed off the Lomax parents then he is on borrowed time, i bet he is dead by this time next year knowing Hollyoaks>:(
  • nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was pegged from the beginning as a villain so I don't understand why everyone is surprised. His first interview said he was ammoral and would do what ever it took to 'protect Leela and Peri/ He's been in prison for 14 years; of course he was going to have a messed up version of right and wrong/ be a villain. He's not an outright villain though for that reason which makes him more like Warren than the others.... Why was Sam so scared of him if he was some innocent young boy? He's obviously got issues and manipulative...from the off he was occastrating scenarios.
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Called it as soon as Danny and Sam were killed. It wouldn't surprise me if Cameron also dies. What a waste. Especially as Danny was Ste's father and Leah and Lucas's grandfather.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how Cameron could have been driving the van that killed Danny and Sam...

He's been locked up for 14 years, from being around the age of 14 - 16 (as we know he's only slightly older than Leela) and has only just been released months ago.

When exactly did he learn to drive?!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how Cameron could have been driving the van that killed Danny and Sam...

He's been locked up for 14 years, from being around the age of 14 - 16 (as we know he's only slightly older than Leela) and has only just been released months ago.

When exactly did he learn to drive?!?

|'m sure he was the get away driver for the crime he committed 14 yrs ago.
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    |'m sure he was the get away driver for the crime he committed 14 yrs ago.

I forget the details, but he was innocent of that crime right? Sam set him up. Or as he involved in the crime, but Sam made it look worse for him?

Either way he was very young, too young to drive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forget the details, but he was innocent of that crime right? Sam set him up. Or as he involved in the crime, but Sam made it look worse for him?

Either way he was very young, too young to drive.

I dunno, I watched traffic cops the other night and they had the best car thief from my town and he was about 11-12. The police struggled to get the car out of the parking space the kid abandoned in.

Sam planted a gun on him so it looked like armed robbery.
    Forum Member
    I think he might have been joyriding and committing petty crime which led Sam to set him up for something more serious. That would be easier to do if he was a bit of a scamp anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It's annoying how so many of the characters in HO are villains/villainous/murderers/gangsters :( like, I get that recently especially, it's OTT and I guess that's the route it'll be going down but seriously..

We have Cindy, Mercedes, Lindsey (I'll include them as murderers with the Browning scenario), Sonny, Theresa, Finn, Sienna, Patrick, Rick, Freddie, Trevor, Grace, Bob and now Cameron.. I remember reading an interview saying they wouldn't turn his character into a villain :( guess that was a lie.

I remember that too, that why I find it annoying they gone down this route with the character.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was pegged from the beginning as a villain so I don't understand why everyone is surprised. His first interview said he was ammoral and would do what ever it took to 'protect Leela and Peri/ He's been in prison for 14 years; of course he was going to have a messed up version of right and wrong/ be a villain. He's not an outright villain though for that reason which makes him more like Warren than the others.... Why was Sam so scared of him if he was some innocent young boy? He's obviously got issues and manipulative...from the off he was occastrating scenarios.

In one of his first interviews he outright said that Cameron wouldn't be another villain. That's why a lot of people are probably annoyed by it :( when he was first announced I was like OH, joy another villain for HO then reading that I thought I'd give him a chance.
    Forum Member
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I remember that too, that why I find it annoying they gone down this route with the character.

Don't worry, I'm sure all will be forgiven.
  • DizzyBeDizzyBe Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I don't know why HO keep going on about Cameron being an innocent young boy at the time as he had to have been at least 17 coming up 18 (as walked out of prison legally able to drive) and by his own admission the get away driver. He did state that he didn't know there would be guns involved in the robbery but he's proven himself to be a very convincing liar.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    DizzyBe wrote: »
    I don't know why HO keep going on about Cameron being an innocent young boy at the time as he had to have been at least 17 coming up 18 (as walked out of prison legally able to drive) and by his own admission the get away driver. He did state that he didn't know there would be guns involved in the robbery but he's proven himself to be a very convincing liar.

This exactly.

He was driving the car in a armed robbery and even if Sam framed him with a gun, for him to get 14 years, he must have been a adult, which means he was not only apart of a armed robbery, he also slept with a 13 year old child, Leela!

He's not innocent.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    To be honest I think Cameron is sticking around and so that means
    something is going to happen to Ziggy and/or Tegan and from the clip of the stunts it may be both die. I don't think they'd get rid of Danny and Sam to then get rid of Cameron after just 2 months especially as his brother is going to join soon.

I am not liking the forced nicey nice Grace and Trevor. Big Bob is a joke. For murderers it does not suit them being all nice and acting like they just want " a normal life". Sorry but too much has happened to contradict that life. If Grace had not been a murderer and knew nothing of Fraser's gangster life etc then maybe this nicey nice Grace would be believable. So Theresa getting out of jail even though she did it makes no sense and Cameron walking free for the same amount of time Theresa has would be wrong. Although he was locked up for 14 years for something he didn't do so he does have that unlike Theresa.

Exactly. It's so forced that I don't buy it at all and I don't think it makes them more likeable. it makes detest them even more.
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    Exactly. It's so forced that I don't buy it at all and I don't think it makes them more likeable. it makes detest them even more.

As long as they get rid of the gangstery, I don't care.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    This exactly.

He was driving the car in a armed robbery and even if Sam framed him with a gun, for him to get 14 years, he must have been a adult, which means he was not only apart of a armed robbery, he also slept with a 13 year old child, Leela!

He's not innocent.

They are exaggerating/ being unrealistic with the amount of time a juvenile of 14 or 15 could get in prison. Cameron was not an adult at the time he went to prison. I think this has been answered definitively the day after Sam and Danny died. The day they were on the roof talking about being in the same class together passing notes back and forth running away from their horrible teacher answered this question. Cameron is not 5 or 6 years older than Leela he has to be about her age to be together with her in the classroom with the same teacher. Super corrupt Sam managed to send a kid down for 14 years, he's not an almost pedophile.
  • DizzyBeDizzyBe Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    They are exaggerating/ being unrealistic with the amount of time a juvenile of 14 or 15 could get in prison. Cameron was not an adult at the time he went to prison. I think this has been answered definitively the day after Sam and Danny died. The day they were on the roof talking about being in the same class together passing notes back and forth running away from their horrible teacher answered this question. Cameron is not 5 or 6 years older than Leela he has to be about her age to be together with her in the classroom with the same teacher. Super corrupt Sam managed to send a kid down for 14 years, he's not an almost pedophile.

For Cameron to be able to legally drive upon leaving prison he had to have passed his driving test which would make him at the very least 17 before he went in. Leela has stated on numerous occasions that Cameron was a little older than herself but not by how much. They may well have had the same teachers but at different times as these often don't change from one year to the next.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DizzyBe wrote: »
    For Cameron to be able to legally drive upon leaving prison he had to have passed his driving test which would make him at the very least 17 before he went in. Leela has stated on numerous occasions that Cameron was a little older than herself but not by how much. They may well have had the same teachers but at different times as these often don't change from one year to the next.

They said they were in the same classroom at the same time passing notes. He was driving without having passed the driving test. HO is an unrealistic soap. I don't know why people have to insist its unrealistic as to not pointing out Cameron is in fact a pedophile, as opposed to being unrealistic in terms juvenile driving or imprisonment. I suppose if you want to see this as some type of sexual assault situation its up too you. Then you can complain about the show glossing over sexual abuse and get indignant. I don't think that is the intent of writers however.