Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that get on trains and open windows when it is absolutely freezing and everyone else is sitting there wrapped up in coats and scarves shivering! !!

Oh, yes. Awful people. I remember many a train journey when younger freezing to death because of selfish gits doing this. Weirdos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    The person in our office who uses the word 'obviously' about every 4 seconds.

Overused words or words when they aren't needed annoy me a lot. If someone's sentences are made up of little other than "obviously", "basically", "literally", "d'you know what I mean?" and the dreaded "at the end of the day", I assume they might well be a guest on Jeremy Kyle in the future. :D
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people think that the proximity of a cashpoint negates all parking laws and logic?

At the bottom of my street there's a mashpoint, which is nice, it's on the side of the bank just off the main road. The side of the road the cashpoint is on is double yellow lined. But nobody ever obeys them. I very narrowly missed ploughing into the back of a car parked there, just round the corner enough for me not to see it before turning in. Even if it hadn't been double yellow it would have been a dangerous parking place. They'd only left barely enough room to squeeze past as the other side of the road was parked on.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is really annoying.
    Or they do pull away but do it just slow enough to make sure they get on the roundabout but you're stuck because there's now traffic coming.:mad:

Or they are unable to change from first to second gear without losing all forward momentum leaving you stuck halfway out of a junction with a sodding great big lorry charging towards you.
  • DolphinusDolphinus Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Cofffin dogders:mad:
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Smokers who expect me ( a non-smoker) to have a lighter or matches for their use and then get upset because I don't have one. Here's a tip: when you buy your ****, buy something to light them with.
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smokers who expect me ( a non-smoker) to have a lighter or matches for their use and then get upset because I don't have one. Here's a tip: when you buy your ****, buy something to light them with.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to misplace a lighter, I've not smoked for 4 weeks now, but when I did, I'd often forget to pick it up or put it down and forget it. Then when you don't need a lighter, literally 13 turn up in your pocket from nowhere.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or they are unable to change from first to second gear without losing all forward momentum leaving you stuck halfway out of a junction with a sodding great big lorry charging towards you.

On the subject of roundabouts and lorries, when you're moving either across or round a roundabout and a lorry decides to pull out meaning you have to slow right down to a crawl or stop to allow its backend to clear the exit you want to come off the roundabout. :mad:

Bus drivers that just pull out from junctions or bus stops even when they can see there's traffic coming but they just expect you to brake and let them out instead of waiting for a gap. :mad:
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd be surprised how easy it is to misplace a lighter, I've not smoked for 4 weeks now, but when I did, I'd often forget to pick it up or put it down and forget it. Then when you don't need a lighter, literally 13 turn up in your pocket from nowhere.

Gwah! :(
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that get on trains and open windows when it is absolutely freezing and everyone else is sitting there wrapped up in coats and scarves shivering! !!

People who get on trains and buses and summarily go round shutting all the windows when i'm baking and gasping for some fresh air :)

I'm sure i've said this one before as well, but people who comment on threads where someone asks if this or that is worth the price, or whether or not they should get this gadget or that something.

The reply usually goes "well why not spend a bit more and get ..".

It really bugs me. What if that person hasn't got more to spent?. What good is telling them to spend more money going to achieve? grrrrr :mad:
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,185
    Forum Member
    I hate it when you sign up to a woman on one of those dating sites in Russia/Eastern Europe. You always end up paying for them to come over, and you get married etc. Then a week or month later they divorce you! Every bloody time! So frustrating.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who get on trains and buses and summarily go round shutting all the windows when i'm baking and gasping for some fresh air :)

I dont mind in the summer but when it is snowing and minus 5 I do get slightly annoyed lol :D
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When job advertisements have spelling errors. I stop looking at the ad as soon as I see one. Unforgivable IMO.

However, what really boils my urine, is when I come across spelling errors in a book. A flippin' published book. I thought all books were proofread these days :S It worries me that a proofreader can't spot errors that I can when I'm half asleep.

:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    In life: people in general. I dislike people.

In forum life: posters that get into a debate, realise that they've forgotten the point they are arguing and then turn it personal or huff off.
  • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When job advertisements have spelling errors. I stop looking at the ad as soon as I see one. Unforgivable IMO.

However, what really boils my urine, is when I come across spelling errors in a book. A flippin' published book. I thought all books were proofread these days :S It worries me that a proofreader can't spot errors that I can when I'm half asleep.

:mad:[
    /QUOTE]

This irritates me so so much! I'm glad it's not just me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mean-spirited drivers who won't let you in even when you really need to be in a filter lane and you're indicating and perfectly prepared to show your gratitude for the other driver's courtesy with a friendly wave. Oh but noooo they would rather ignore all of this and ensure that you are TRAPPED and forced to proceed along the WRONG road. Stop being so flaming petty you silly shits!

EDIT: this was not an attempt to queue jump. I had inadvertently joined the wrong lane.

How are people supposed to know that it was a mistake?

In any case, you're in the wrong. You weren't paying enough attention to get into the filter lane in time, so you then hold up everybody in your lane while you try to jump the queue in the other one. If people don't let you in (and why should they when they've been queuing for ages?) carry on and turn around whenever possible.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Another vote for noisy eaters/slurpy drinkers, i was doing a job in someones house the other day and the guy made some tea ( which was nice) but then he proceeded to drink (well actually he didn't drink it, he SUCKED it out of the mug) and swallowed with multiple gulps so loud that flocks of birds for miles around took flight, fearing that the apocalypse had finally arrived.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people who start threads with ''is it only me '' pffft :rolleyes:
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who big themselves up. I work with quite a lot of people like this. They tell wildly exaggerated or just completely made up stories starring themselves as this crazy/hilarious person who bears no resemblance to the person we work with. They also say, "HAHA, WHAT AM I LIKE?! :D" a lot.
  • FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    ...gulps so loud that flocks of birds for miles around took flight, fearing that the apocalypse had finally arrived.

Beautiful prose; love it!
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who work in offices and big themselves up: everything they do is so important and a matter of life and death - try being a nurse where you're dealing with actual life and death situations for so so wages.
  • Sarah.1987Sarah.1987 Posts: 1,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who stop their car outside someone's house because they're picking up or dropping someone off but they don't bother to pull to one side.
    They just stay in the middle of the road blocking it for other traffic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Another vote for noisy eaters/slurpy drinkers, i was doing a job in someones house the other day and the guy made some tea ( which was nice) but then he proceeded to drink (well actually he didn't drink it, he SUCKED it out of the mug) and swallowed with multiple gulps so loud that flocks of birds for miles around took flight, fearing that the apocalypse had finally arrived.

I hate this so much. Yuck.

Bad table manners in general are another thing which annoy me intensely. Have some self respect!
  • owlie81owlie81 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    I hate this so much. Yuck.

Bad table manners in general are another thing which annoy me intensely. Have some self respect!

Even worse are people chewing food with their mouths open, why does anyone else need to see or hear their food going round in their mouth like a tumble dryer? Slop slop, nom nom, STOP IT!!!
This discussion has been closed.