ali is a good dancer

but does anyone else thinks she is getting overmarked makes mistakes and still get 9 s and alesha dixon is so far up her ar*e it make me want to vote for anyone but her:mad:

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. She gets away with mistakes that other people wouldnt. I think the judges mark her up on purpose because they know she'd be in the dance off otherwise. Her ballroom is always pretty gorgeous, but her latin to me personally looks awkward and clumsy. But she always gets good marks regardless.

A few times she's wobbled and stumbled and its not even been comented on. If Chris or even Ricky did that the judges would make sure they were told and they'd be marked down on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Yes. She gets away with mistakes that other people wouldnt. I think the judges mark her up on purpose because they know she'd be in the dance off otherwise. Her ballroom is always pretty gorgeous, but her latin to me personally looks awkward and clumsy. But she always gets good marks regardless.

A few times she's wobbled and stumbled and its not even been comented on. If Chris or even Ricky did that the judges would make sure they were told and they'd be marked down on it.

thankyou ime glad someone else has noticed it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but does anyone else thinks she is getting overmarked makes mistakes and still get 9 s and alesha dixon is so far up her ar*e it make me want to vote for anyone but her:mad:

not me. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    not me. Thanks.

in the first dance she slipped yet still got 42 points ime sure she could have fallen on her bum and still make top marks:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the first dance she slipped yet still got 42 points ime sure she could have fallen on her bum and still make top marks:D

Everyone makes mistakes. She was the second best dancer tonight IMO. That's where she finished on the leaderboard. Therefore not overmarked. QED!
  • grunsongrunson Posts: 390
    Forum Member

I certainly find myself out of step with the judges with her marking, but I guess that just shows up my ignorance of the technicalities.

Tonight her ballroom was my least favourite and she seemed to me like she was being dragged around the floor and playing catch up a lot of the time. I guess that wasn't really the case. However she certainly made a mistake early on that was as bad as Laila's. However it seemed to be trivialised whereas Laila's was used as a convenient big stick to hit her with.

I didn't really see much appeal in Ali's latin. As Laila completely fluffed hers and Chris just seemed to be walking around the stage I can't complain about the judge's ordering of the couples, but I just didn't see what there was in the dance to justify the marks it got. It just lacked any energy, enthusiasm or feeling for me, like she was just doing a walkthrough of the dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to say I agree with the OP. The judges don't usually seem to notice Ali's mistakes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I think everyone's allowed a little latitude ... I couldn't believe there was barely a mention of Ricky gazing at the floor throughout his CCC. It was so offputting to me and yet he almost got a perfect score. If it had been Laila or Chris doing that they would have been ripped to shreds.
  • Lizzie8008Lizzie8008 Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's this years Lisa Snowdon for me. I find their ballroom routines bland and forgettable and the latin just bad. She's a nice dancer but I don't get how she's so overpraised and overmarked. Their place in the rankings are usually right but the marks and comments not so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over marking on individual scores perhaps, but I don't think it matters much since the leader board was fair.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ali - good, even very good, but uninspiring.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm resigned to Ali receiving 9's no matter what now and can't even drum up the energy to complain about it anymore.

There seems to be no correlation between the judge's comments and their marks where she's concerned.

That's nothing against Ali. I like her. My beef is with the judges.

Oh look - I did find the energy after all ;)
  • millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having Darcy adds to the overmarking because they share a ballet background.