Steve Wright and ridiculous "supernatural" guests

Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In the last week a silly Irish wifie who could "see angels" and today some pair of old bats who can read animal minds. He also has a regular "astrologer" :rolleyes:

hello, 2010

does his producers want the show to terminate?

Comments

• slimjimslimjim Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The astrologer really has to go in my opinion - the show allows the astrologer to blather superstitious nonsense unchallenged for all the world as if he or she were a guest doctor, legal adviser or whatever.
  • Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slimjim wrote: »
    The astrologer really has to go in my opinion - the show allows the astrologer to blather superstitious nonsense unchallenged for all the world as if he or she were a guest doctor, legal adviser or whatever.

agreed, it is irresponsible broadcasting
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agree axe them all.
  • John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slimjim wrote: »

The woman is nutty as a bag of squirrels
  • DJPTDJPT Posts: 4,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if these supernatural guests can predict how long Steve's show is going to continue ;)
  • John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJPT wrote: »
    I wonder if these supernatural guests can predict how long Steve's show is going to continue ;)

If they knew that then I'd beleive them! :D
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    I agree - it's not my cuppa tea. But if anyone inteprets it as "irresponsible" broadcasting they too are as bonkers as the guests. It's an entertainment show.
  • DJPTDJPT Posts: 4,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - it's not my cuppa tea. But if anyone inteprets it as "irresponsible" broadcasting they too are as bonkers as the guests. It's an entertainment show.

Agreed, I'd hardly call it irresponsible either :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If i were to dispense business advice on national radio, then surely i would need to be qualified. These Astrologers think nothing of advising people to "Go for it", when contemplating career changes and business ventures. This could well involve quitting jobs and/or borrowing large sums of money, and in the worst recession in living memory too.

Still, if your gullible enough to get your business advice from some charlatan on the radio, then perhaps you deserve to fail
  • slimjimslimjim Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's irresponsible insofar as some listeners, and especially some of the callers seem to the astrologer's advice seriously. I'd axe Thought For The Day for much the same reason.
  • carnivalistcarnivalist Posts: 4,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Wright is a bit of a relic if you ask me. That said I haven't listened since Tarrant stood in - the contrast made me like Wright's show even less.

How I wish they'd bring him (Tarrant) back. *sigh*
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    mrcynical wrote: »
    If i were to dispense business advice on national radio, then surely i would need to be qualified. These Astrologers think nothing of advising people to "Go for it", when contemplating career changes and business ventures. This could well involve quitting jobs and/or borrowing large sums of money, and in the worst recession in living memory too.

Still, if your gullible enough to get your business advice from some charlatan on the radio, then perhaps you deserve to fail

And that's the point. It's hardly breaking the BBC's Editorial Guidelines (unless you happen to be a rival astrologer who demands equal airtime with Shelley Von Strunkel) or OFCOM's broadcasting code.

Do you honestly think that anyone has lost out on a career as a direct result of listening to Steve Wright every day?

Tim Smith and Janey Lee Grace excepted.... :D
  • papadontpreachpapadontpreach Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I have always been a massive supporter of the show, and a fan of Steves, but the Astrology bit is poor, its rushed, and pointless,

Time to go.
  • Harris TweedHarris Tweed Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJPT wrote: »

"Ooh.. hang on.. I'm just getting a message from Lord Reith.. he says 'Hi Steve.. Love the show'"
  • BingethinkBingethink Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you honestly think that anyone has lost out on a career as a direct result of listening to Steve Wright every day?

Tim Smith and Janey Lee Grace excepted.... :D

Boom boom!:)
  • BingethinkBingethink Posts: 4,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's probably a good note to end on. 3000 posts on Digital Spy is far too much of a wasted life.

This is Bingethink, signing off. For ever.
  • Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and well done DS ad team for letting a cheating con merchant horoscope banner ad pollute the bottom of this screen...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog however, loves the show. He told me.