Options

Dance Nation TV

Comments

• Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I checked out Xmas Party , Xmas Crackers on Dance Nation earlier and i found no dance at all i even saw that awful Willow Smith and more Bieber & Usher :eek:

It reminds me of Flaunt at xmas it was pretty poor. Maybe CSC are doing all the work over xmas?

The channel should always have had a programme for trance/electro and house music.

I prefer WTF over CSC's channels right now I prefer the jukebox element and the wider playlist. CSC have been too predictable the past 3 years.
  • Options
    TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of Flaunt at xmas it was pretty poor. Maybe CSC are doing all the work over xmas?

The channel should always have had a programme for trance/electro and house music.

I prefer WTF over CSC's channels right now I prefer the jukebox element and the wider playlist. CSC have been too predictable the past 3 years.

I Have to agree WTF is much better channel with its playlists and focuses less on today's hits and more of the late 90's , early 00's and the is picture quality is much better than the CSC music channels..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Have to agree WTF is much better channel with its playlists and focuses less on today's hits and more of the late 90's , early 00's and the is picture quality is much better than the CSC music channels..

Interesting what you say about picture quality. I believe the bitrate is higher but there encoding technology is pretty poor. Clubland TV also had the blank screens and WTF has had a few jumpy videos. Still images are quite good on newer videos but older ones look quite poor.

CSC on the other hand improved under Sky's control. They then decided to put too many channels on one transponder resulting in a massive drop on Scuzz, Bliss and Flaunt. Now Chart Show, NME TV, Dance Nation look the best of the lot, then Flava, Scuzz, The Vault and Bliss look poor. I suspect as they are old videos they think they can get away with the poor bitrates.

Back to DNTV the new show has no dog. When they added Destination Dance it was also the same. They are certainly showing trance so it's a start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to DNTV the new show has no dog. When they added Destination Dance it was also the same.

It would look better if they didnt use that green text in the future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would look better if they didnt use that green text in the future.

I like the green text gives a neon light effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been not a bad line up tonight everything from BT to Fragma to Ian Van Dahl.

They need to bring back all the old Tiesto tracks. Getting bored of the same one on Clubland TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's Playlist in full

Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
    Agnelli Nelson - Everyday
    Watergate - Heart of Asia
    Sash - Stay
    Paul van Dyk - For an Angel 2009
    Tiesto - Traffic
    Marc Et Claude - I Need U Lovin'
    Faithless - We Come One
    Fragma - Toca's Miracle
    Grace - It's Not Over Yet
    Ian van Dahl - Castles in the Sky
    Aurora Feat. Naimee Coleman - Ordinary World
    Robert Miles - Children
    Darude - Sandstorm

Delerium - Silence (Above & Beyond Remix)
    BT - Loving You More
    Planet Perfecto - Bullet in the Gun
    Yomanda - Synth & Strings
    Veracocha - Carte Blanche
    BBE - 7 Days & 1 Week
    DT8 Project Feat. Roxanne Wilde - Destination
    DJ Jean - The Launch
    Lasgo - Something
    Jurgen Vries - The Theme
    System F - Out of the Blue
    Sash - Mysterious Times
    Fragma - Everytime you Need Me
    DJ Sammy - Heaven
    Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You
    Paul Oakenfold - Southern Sun
    ATB - 9pm til i Come (Different video) ?

Okay it was average still worth tuning in though.

Suprisingly enough 2nd hour was ad free :eek: :)

It's time they start adding more newer classics now instead of relying off the stuff Flaunt played.

Some Suggestions :

The Roc Project Feat Tina Arena - Never (Filterheadz Remix)
    Armin van Buuren - Sunburn
    4 Strings - Turn It Around
    Michael Woods Feat. Imogen Bailey - If You Want Me (Antillas Remix)
    Transfer - Possession
    Jam & Spoon - Stella
    Tiesto Feat. Suzanne Palmer - Love's On Fire
    Jakarta - American Dream
    Ron Van Den Beuken pres. Clokx - Overdrive

Wish they would add the Original version of 'For an Angel' the newer version isnt exactly classic lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time they start adding more newer classics now instead of relying off the stuff Flaunt played.

I suspect CSC only buy in new videos these days. There vintage collection is never updated.

That's what's good about WTF, new channel, trying to play different songs.

Arguably C4/Bauer's channels are also a tad repetitive on the countdowns too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect CSC only buy in new videos these days. There vintage collection is never updated.

I Remember CSC used to add in new dance classics to its 'Flaunt Classics' strand every week in 2007 which made the show exciting.

Kurtis Mantronik pres. Charmonix - How did you know was a gem i caught them playing back then which hasnt been seen since Flaunt received a new logo in spring 2008.

I reckon Dance Nation should try to be more exciting and feature more uplifting tracks which the channel currently lacks since it replaced Flaunt.

A Show idea 'What Ever Happened To' to feature the more forgotten dance tracks would be a nice.

A fully refreshed schedule and new idents in the new year would be nice so they can start winning back the old Flaunt viewers along with myself.

But the only way they can do this is if they axe the urban tracks completely as that really makes the channel bad and makes dance fans avoid the channel especially when its on high airplay what DNTV do.

For the graphics on DNTV i dont mind them although a more stylish and modern font would be nicer a text like this

For the idents the existing background music they are using in their Xmas idents is a big improvement than the awful ones they use on their regular ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I Remember CSC used to add in new dance classics to its 'Flaunt Classics' strand every week in 2007 which made the show exciting.

Kurtis Mantronik pres. Charmonix - How did you know was a gem i caught them playing back then which hasnt been seen since Flaunt received a new logo in spring 2008.

I reckon Dance Nation should try to be more exciting and feature more uplifting tracks which the channel currently lacks since it replaced Flaunt.

A Show idea 'What Ever Happened To' to feature the more forgotten dance tracks would be a nice.

A fully refreshed schedule and new idents in the new year would be nice so they can start winning back the old Flaunt viewers along with myself.

But the only way they can do this is if they axe the urban tracks completely as that really makes the channel bad and makes dance fans avoid the channel especially when its on high airplay what DNTV do.

For the graphics on DNTV i dont mind them although a more stylish and modern font would be nicer a text like this

For the idents the existing background music they are using in their Xmas idents is a big improvement than the awful ones they use on their regular ones.

Dear oh dear - get with the programme. Trance is so old hat. Audiences don't want genres, they want tracks. Urban music has fused with dance music and people like/ watch both. If any of these channels thought trance would bring in massive audiences, they'd do it.
  • Options
    chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Tonight's Playlist in full

Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone
    Agnelli Nelson - Everyday
    Sash - Stay
    Paul van Dyk - For an Angel 2009
    Tiesto - Traffic
    Marc Et Claude - I Need U Lovin'
    Faithless - We Come One
    Fragma - Toca's Miracle
    Grace - It's Not Over Yet
    Robert Miles - Children
    Darude - Sandstorm

BT - Loving You More
    Yomanda - Synth & Strings
    Veracocha - Carte Blanche
    BBE - 7 Days & 1 Week
    DJ Jean - The Launch
    Lasgo - Something
    Jurgen Vries - The Theme
    Sash - Mysterious Times
    DJ Sammy - Heaven
    Paul van Dyk - Nothing But You
    ATB - 9pm til i Come (Different video) ?

Okay it was average still worth tuning in though.

Suprisingly enough 2nd hour was ad free :eek: :)

Dance Nation is always ad-free from 2-3am.

As I expected same old videos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slight difference in the playlist tonight than last week.

Faithless - Tarantula
    Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar

Alice Deejay - Better off Alone
    Lasgo - Alone
    DJ Sammy - Heaven
    DJ Jean - Launch
    Sash - Mysterious Times
    Jurgen Vries - The Theme
    Robert Miles - Children
    Storm - Time to Burn
    BBE - Seven Days 1 Week
    Fragma - Tocas Miracle
    Tiesto - Dance4Life
    Paul van Dyk - Tell Me Why

The Thrillseekers Feat. Sheryl Deane - Synthaesthesia
    Armin van Buuren - Shivers
    (Edited) Why its after Watershed? :(
    Faithless - We come One
    Tiesto - Traffic

Still the tracks they have sneaked in this week are decent but nothing new.

Did anyone catch the playlist of Top 20 Trance Classics on MTV Dance earlier on?

I missed it all as it was on too early for me to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a welcome addition they have more Tiesto tracks. Both Clubland and DNTV have avoided them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could 2011 mark a change in fortunes for DNTV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new schedule:

6am Kick Start
    9am Big Tunes
    2pm Dance Floor Destroyers
    6pm Mydancenation.com Top 10
    6.45pm Addicted to Bass
    11pm Big Tunes
    3am Teleshopping

Compared to how it was around launch time:

6am Ready for Take Off
    9am Pump it Up
    10am Big Tunes
    1pm Fugative's Top 10 Dance Anthems
    2pm Dancefloor Destroyers
    3pm Mydancenation.Com Top 20
    5pm Your Big Night Out
    11pm Dance Nation X-Rated
    12am Maximum Bass
    3am Teleshopping

Poor. Looks like the work out show has also gone. Another dull CSC Media change. :o

Addicted to Bass looks to be pop/R&B remixes and full of crap on repeat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor. Looks like the work out show has also gone.

It never got viewers anyway lol

I'm still thinking here Dance Nation will not be with us for long its clearly not a dance channel at all not when you see 90% Urban 5% Pop and 5% of some dance tracks.

It's best they rename it Pop Nation instead :p
  • Options
    YorkshireTeaYorkshireTea Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I given up with the channel ages ago the bitrate is too poor and chartshow have lost direction with the channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I given up with the channel ages ago the bitrate is too poor and chartshow have lost direction with the channel.

Long before the channel launched though Flaunt went really shitty towards the last few months of 2008.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dance Nation gets its highest figures yet at 95k but all was because of Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dance Nation gets its highest figures yet at 95k but all was because of Christmas.

Maybe the Trance shows helped up the viewing figures.
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't stand Dance Nation TV, massive DOG and massive "programme info" text too and stupid "UP NEXT" graphics. Just give the channel over to Clubland TV and let them launch another spin-off channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks even more likely that this channel will face the axe later this year with the dire viewing figures its getting.

Seems everyone has migrated over to MTV Dance due to the absence of Flaunt.

Interestingly enough here's an old promo of Flaunt from 2007 it was more of a dance channel in my eyes ;)

CSC had tampered with it too many times which is why it got killed off.

As for Dance Nation TV the people behind this channel have no ideas at all its all repeats and full of crap 99.5% of the time.

I could do soo much with this channel if i was in control of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks even more likely that this channel will face the axe later this year with the dire viewing figures its getting.

I'm sure I read viewing figures have improved over the last few months after a poor summer. They won't axe it in that case NME TV would also go. I'd rather see Bliss go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think if either NME TV or Dance Nation closed they would just replace it with another pop channel or True Movies +2.

Atleast having three dance channels there is potential. All be it Dance Nation could be better but it's better on air as it could eventually get more Ministry of Sound branding and concerts. CSC on there own would just show the usual ATB videos over 50 times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSC never stop surprising.

Just seen Kate Ryan on Dance Nation again. Must be because Clubland have been showing alot of this kind of stuff lately. This kind of Euro dance stopped when Flaunt shut down.