Coming back to Sky?

sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all,

I cancelled my sky subscription a number of months ago as I had virgin alongside.

Having now had some months with just virgin I find it difficult to get along with tivo but also I find on demand and catchup is useless. We used to use on demand lots with sky and it also provided some additional viewing thanks to its ease of finding stuff.

However, on virgin it is difficult to find anything. Is the on demand on sky like it used to be? I notice there are reports of slow downloads etc?

Sky are still offering me 50% off if I return so it's tempting.

Comments

• PudpullerTMPudpullerTM Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sps1013 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I cancelled my sky subscription a number of months ago as I had virgin alongside.

Having now had some months with just virgin I find it difficult to get along with tivo but also I find on demand and catchup is useless. We used to use on demand lots with sky and it also provided some additional viewing thanks to its ease of finding stuff.

However, on virgin it is difficult to find anything. Is the on demand on sky like it used to be? I notice there are reports of slow downloads etc?

Sky are still offering me 50% off if I return so it's tempting.

you mean returning or going you cant come back to sky unless your american
  • sps1013sps1013 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that unhelpful reply.
  • GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Hi
    You're right there are several posts on slow downloads but I can honestly say I have never had a problem at all & I download all in HD. Give it a go I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Gibsy, how much content is on the likes of Discovery, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild etc?

These are the mainstay of channels watched and on Virgin there are currently 4 shows for Discovery and 7 for Nat Geo and nothing for Nat Geo Wild.
  • JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    you mean returning or going you cant come back to sky unless your american

And your grammar is wrong - you mean "if you're American" and it should be "can't".
  • TestingTimesTestingTimes Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gibsy, how much content is on the likes of Discovery, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild etc?

These are the mainstay of channels watched and on Virgin there are currently 4 shows for Discovery and 7 for Nat Geo and nothing for Nat Geo Wild.

Hey sps1013

OK, so here are the current amount of programmes in catch-up for documentary channels:
    Discovery, Animal Planet and ID has 52 at present
    Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild has 7 at present
    History and H2 has 14
    Crime & Investigation has 13 at present

I'm not sure how long it's been since you last used it, so it might be handy having at look at their on demand page here - if you wants box-sets, make sure you switch back on with the family pack as a minimum as you need the HD subscription for them.

http://www.sky.com/products/ways-to-watch/catch-up-tv/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks testing times for the info.

Certainly more than what's available from Virgin and plenty in HD too. I will give them a call and see what they say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesE wrote: »
    And your grammar is wrong - you mean "if you're American" and it should be "can't".

actually YOU are wrong it should be can not if you being literal and it should of been unless you are american because they can bring when they should take and they come when they should go. and no I will not put a caps on american.

but it is your choice whether to resubscribe to the BSKYB packages that they sell why discuss it on here to see what cheap deals can be received
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesE wrote: »

EVERYTHING ON VIRGIN as far as channels are on sky because liberty global only offers limited channels based on their idea of what channels they can receive money for

bskyb allow any channel to be carried thus carry more channels if said provider will pay the fee to enable them to be carried on the sky platform

edit: typo
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually YOU are wrong it should be can not if you being literal and it should of been unless you are american because they can bring when they should take and they come when they should go. and no I will not put a caps on american.

but it is your choice whether to resubscribe to the BSKYB packages that they sell why discuss it on here to see what cheap deals can be received

No, you are wrong again. 'Can't' and 'you're' are both grammatically correct abbreviations of cannot (note: one word) and you are.

Funny that you make a point of stating that you 'will not put a caps on american' as if that's the only error in your post!