Options

Goodbye! Christmas Commercials 2010

djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So after how many weeks of Christmas commercials? Well they will all now start to disappear. Normally on Christmas Eve and will no doubt be replaced with sales and holiday commercials.

But I noticed that it has started early this year. Its a shame really as when the Christmas commercials disappear its like the bubble has burst and looks kinda depressing.

This kinda reminds me of when the shops decorations are placed in the bin and then come Boxing Day its all packed out with shop-aholics out like headless chickens going mad looking for bargains and causing bumper to bumper traffic on our roads. Its kinda sad really.

Comments

• Options
    TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good side of it though no more of that awful iceland christmas advert. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good side of it though no more of that awful iceland christmas advert. :cool:

Yeah that's one good thing. Making a mock of Moulin Rouge is not good.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Oh that'll be absolute heaven :D I for one am sick of that advert.
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh don't worry, I am sure it wont be too long before the Christmas Advert 2011 Countdown thread will appear before too long to keep you going.:rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh don't worry, I am sure it wont be too long before the Christmas Advert 2011 Countdown thread will appear before too long to keep you going.:rolleyes: :D

lol :D Actually, I prefer if these commercials didn't appear until the first week of December as October is way too early but I guess they will argue that they want to get the message that Christmas is coming up. I know that the companies will prepare from July.

I presume that the Supermarkets will be stocking up on Easter Eggs next week! :D:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djonshore wrote: »
    lol :D Actually, I prefer if these commercials didn't appear until the first week of December as October is way too early but I guess they will argue that they want to get the message that Christmas is coming up. I know that the companies will prepare from July.

I presume that the Supermarkets will be stocking up on Easter Eggs next week! :D:rolleyes:

Trust me, the Creme Eggs are in the cash and carrys now, doubtless shops will have them on the counter in a matter of days!
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    Goodbye! Christmas Commercials 2010

And good riddance! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trust me, the Creme Eggs are in the cash and carrys now, doubtless shops will have them on the counter in a matter of days!

Well it won't be too long anyway before they do have them in the shops. I bet by the time I go back to university the Easter eggs will be in the shops.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The newsagents' in Duns already have their Cadbury's Creme Eggs on sale... ;)
  • Options
    east_boy_16east_boy_16 Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love that advert :D they're good at singing IMO, I'd rather hear them than Go Compare :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The newsagents' in Duns already have their Cadbury's Creme Eggs on sale... ;)

When did they start selling them?
  • Options
    HelixHelix Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well Cadbury's official launch date is 1st Jan, so they will probably be pushing all the stores to have them out by then.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At the start of this week... :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At the start of this week... :eek:

That's a bit ridiculous!
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't remember seeing the Hellman's Mayonnaise advert this year.

It's not the great advert in the world, its just familiar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member

Well the advert had run from 1992 to 2009,and after all those years,I think it was time to do something else.
  • Options
    martino2539martino2539 Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    well, the saying used to be that you know its xmas because the cream eggs are in the shops!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well, the saying used to be that you know its xmas because the cream eggs are in the shops!!!!

I remember someone saying that to me - I think whoever said it to me is right!!
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    djonshore wrote: »
    So after how many weeks of Christmas commercials? Well they will all now start to disappear. Normally on Christmas Eve and will no doubt be replaced with sales and holiday commercials.

But I noticed that it has started early this year. Its a shame really as when the Christmas commercials disappear its like the bubble has burst and looks kinda depressing.

You still watch commercials? :eek:

Try a PVR and timeshift everything, starting to watch say 15 minutes into the programmes. Then, you can fast-forward through all the ads, programme promos, the lot, and regain a large chunk of your TV viewing life! :D
  • Options
    scooby76scooby76 Posts: 403
    Forum Member

got some about week & a half ago from a small shop near us, been in at where i work since start of december (they supply small shops) also mars & galaxy eggs are on the way out to shops, and mini eggs are about too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's been shown in the ITV1 Border Tyne Tees region
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been shown in the ITV1 Border Tyne Tees region

I must have missed it then.