Options

What's With All This Hate For Dee?

Comments

• Options
    Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not harsh at all imo. Dee slating Gary for his table manners while stuffin food in her mouth, speaking with her mouth full and eating with her mouth open and generally having disgusting table manners herself nearly made me choke on my tea. As for bib, she could have turned her back and walked out or could have asked him what was wrong as he was quite clearly in pain. She didn't have to stand there shouting in mock outrage.

Feisty one, you are. ;-)
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Making him "some kind of perv.," a la "Daily Star" is totally wrong. Gary is a lost soul. The years of ill heath and injury have caught up on the poor man. Some say he is playing a game or acting the part of an imbecile. If he is then fantastic. If he isn't then, despite him making great TV, shame on Channel 5 for booking him.

Yes but part of where they got their ludicrous idea for the main page was Dee's OTT outrageous reaction.
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    She represents everything that has gone wrong with British society. She was never 'well enough' to get off her backside and go out to work but has been 'well enough' to revel in the limelight since she appeared on that tv show, raked in the money associated with the 'celebrity' status it bestowed on her, landed herself a showbusiness agent and is now on yet another television show being paid even more money to do what she basically does best...sit around in her sleepwear, drink coffee and smoke all day. She belongs in a pig sty. It is not so much hate she has attracted, but well deserved derision.

Well said Semillion. With all the money she has and will be "earning", she will be wealthier then most of us. Wrong on all levels.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Making him "some kind of perv.," a la "Daily Star" is totally wrong. Gary is a lost soul. The years of ill heath and injury have caught up on the poor man. Some say he is playing a game or acting the part of an imbecile. If he is then fantastic. If he isn't then, despite him making great TV, shame on Channel 5 for booking him.
    He's not acting, that's true. He's damaged, and Channel 5 indeed should be shamed for booking him. It's not his fault--the main is ill and bankrupt and whatever capacity he has left realizes he needs money, but it's the little things where he often has no idea what he's doing or why. At times he's very canny and self-aware, but watch him carefully. It goes in and out, his ability to process things. It's also dependent on his familiarity with people. If people have noticed him reacting differently to Housemates in the later portion of the show, it's because he's been around them longer. He's sometimes mean as a snake because part of that brain damage is a lack of emotional control. This is all apart from any issues about what kind of person Dee is--she merits some blame as I've said, but of course even more of it lies with Channel 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DryIce wrote: »

Now she's on the road to recovery, should she ever find herself unemployed again in the future, perhaps she should consider a job with the DWP?

That could be her vocation, definitely.
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    I',m sure she wold not have carried our the "threat" as, for one, she would not have been allowed to. Then why say it ? I feel rather uncomfortable watching her fawning over Ricci in particular. The dry humping bed scene has been etched on my retinas.

"Scratch their eyes out" Smash his face in" These are just two of the threats she has made. Now I don't actually think she would have done either of those things but she still said it and on any other BB that would be construed as threatening behaviour and a warning would have followed. I could be wrong but I've seen no evidence of Dee receiving any warnings from BB.
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched only episode of Benefits Street, and never read any press around her. I dont like her screaming at Gary, her aggressiveness, how during the live feed we saw her go up to Gary and ask him things then she went into the house and say he cornered her, her relaying all the things Gary said about James projecting was bitchy since she bitches about everyone else. Also she screamed at him that she was honest or something to that effect yet...she stole tax payers and vulnerable peoples money....

And when she was critiqued about her appearance she didnt take any thing from it, whats wrong with looking a bit nicer and making a tiny effort like wearing a bra or something else other than those t-shirts that are well fitting. She looked lovely as the Duchess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feisty one, you are. ;-)

Good answer *rolleyes*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good answer *rolleyes*

I think the OP has been overdosing on the Inbetweeners.

Not that this is a bad thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    He's not acting, that's true. He's damaged, and Channel 5 indeed should be shamed for booking him. It's not his fault--the main is ill and bankrupt and whatever capacity he has left realizes he needs money, but it's the little things where he often has no idea what he's doing or why. At times he's very canny and self-aware, but watch him carefully. It goes in and out, his ability to process things. It's also dependent on his familiarity with people. If people have noticed him reacting differently to Housemates in the later portion of the show, it's because he's been around them longer. He's sometimes mean as a snake because part of that brain damage is a lack of emotional control. This is all apart from any issues about what kind of person Dee is--she merits some blame as I've said, but of course even more of it lies with Channel 5.

I do agree with a lot of what you say. However, being cooped up with a guy like Gary will take its toll, I'm afraid. People with issues of the mind need to (and should) be understood. Having said that, their actions will have an impact in such as an environment. Even the the most understandable, placid and forgiving types have their breaking points.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP has been overdosing on the Inbetweeners.

Not that this is a bad thing.

I thank you for your perception. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feisty one, you are. ;-)

All true though:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thank you for your perception. :)

You're most welcome.

Just don't tell me you're opposed to bus wan*ers and we will get along just nicely!
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Dee's insistence that Gary is manipulative and bitter are the odd things. Gary can be canny, it's true, but he's far too blunt for it to really be manipulation--at least towards anyone with more than a double digit IQ (so... Ricci might be the only one in danger of falling prey to it). Gary's whispering things about people is like a parody of what he's probably seen watching competitive reality shows in America, badly understood and badly implemented by him because of his limited capabilities.

I've said this in several topics--Gary has CLEARLY seen the US Big Brother, or been shown it, because he keeps spitting out the US show's tagline, "Expect The Unexpected".

All of it spells out him being a doddering handicapped old fool, and that's exactly why Dee should have been nicer to him. Every time he messed up things she said or contracted her, it was either because he was either a.) legitimately confused or b.) doing a child-like version of manipulation that anyone should have been able to see through and dismiss as nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice the OP seems to be ignoring any actual reasons others have given in response to the original post other than silly twee comments :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Serious and genuine question Kromm. Are you in, or have been, in the Medical profession? I enjoy reading these type of posts. Interesting reading, as you seem to know a lot about his condition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice the OP seems to be ignoring any actual reasons others have given in response to the original post other than silly twee comments :D

I fear you are barking up the wrong tree. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fear you are barking up the wrong tree. ;-)

Woof woof ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Scratch their eyes out" Smash his face in" These are just two of the threats she has made. Now I don't actually think she would have done either of those things but she still said it and on any other BB that would be construed as threatening behaviour and a warning would have followed. I could be wrong but I've seen no evidence of Dee receiving any warnings from BB.

I find her body language quite aggressive at times, not just what she says, and yet, to our knowledge, no warning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All of it spells out him being a doddering handicapped old fool, and that's exactly why Dee should have been nicer to him. Every time he messed up things she said or contracted her, it was either because he was either a.) legitimately confused or b.) doing a child-like version of manipulation that anyone should have been able to see through and dismiss as nonsense.

Kromm, you are quite right but as I just said and I quote: "Being cooped up with a guy like Gary will take its toll, I'm afraid. People with issues of the mind need to (and should) be understood. Having said that, their actions will have an impact in such as an environment. Even the the most understandable, placid and forgiving types have their breaking points."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm, you are quite right but as I just said and I quote: "Being cooped up with a guy like Gary will take its toll, I'm afraid. People with issues of the mind need to (and should) be understood. Having said that, their actions will have an impact in such as an environment. Even the the most understandable, placid and forgiving types have their breaking points."

The thing is Artie Fischal, and despite our mutual love of the inbetweeners, I have to disagree with you.

Dee had no problem dealing with Stephanies Germaphobia, despite coming from an unhygienic home/life herself.

Yet she can't find any tolerance for Gary?

I feel Dee actually used Stephanies Germaphobia as a tool to beat Gary with.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    The thing is Artie Fischal, and despite our mutual love of the inbetweeners, I have to disagree with you.

Dee had no problem dealing with Stephanies Germaphobia, despite coming from an unhygienic home/life herself.

Yet she can't find any tolerance for Gary?

I feel Dee actually used Stephanies Germaphobia as a tool to beat Gary with.

I agree. She must have had a blindfold on too when she told Gary not to touch the food and right beside her was her babyboi digging right in with his hands all over it.

Intolerance, double standards, lies and hypocrisy all come to mind with Dee. One rule for 'them' and another for Gary.
  • Options
    keakykeaky Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I though sjw would/ could show more tolerance with Gary
    After all she showed more with Fungi who also didn't shower, wash or feed himself was a drug and alcohol addict and also a shop lifter. Gary in comparison is a total saint
    She degfinately jumped on the " band wagon" with all that considered with Gary. IMO .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I agree. She must have had a blindfold on too when she told Gary not to touch the food and right beside her was her babyboi digging right in with his hands all over it.

Intolerance, double standards, lies and hypocrisy all come to mind with Dee. One rule for 'them' and another for Gary.

Audley said that the problems between Gary and the other housemates has been 20-30% Gary and 70-80% the others.

Yes Gary is going to have a grumpy side, he's 70, yes he's going to be set in his ways, yes he gets mixed up and forgetful.

But the above can also describe the other housemates, and not one of them are over the age of 45, and are physically fit!

Could you imagine if Ricci had said to Dee "come on Dee, I was sitting in that seat, you have to be fair and stop being so rude thinking that seat belongs to you", or if James had said "oh Dee, for gods sake close your mouth when you're eating, it's disgusting", or if other housemates said "James, stop picking your snotty bugle around food, you're filthy and unhygienic".

Like you say, double standards.

They all need to take a long hard look at themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audley said that the problems between Gary and the other housemates has been 20-30% Gary and 70-80% the others.

Yes Gary is going to have a grumpy side, he's 70, yes he's going to be set in his ways, yes he gets mixed up and forgetful.

But the above can also describe the other housemates, and not one of them are over the age of 45, and are physically fit!

Could you imagine if Ricci had said to Dee "come on Dee, I was sitting in that seat, you have to be fair and stop being so rude thinking that seat belongs to you", or if James had said "oh Dee, for gods sake close your mouth when you're eating, it's disgusting", or if other housemates said "James, stop picking your snotty bugle around food, you're filthy and unhygienic".

Like you say, double standards.

They all need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Nail on head. They have no consideration for Gary's feelings at all. They all watch him like hawks waiting for a chance to pounce! >:(