Options

What is the UK doing to stop the Sharia law taking over?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
Forum Member
✭✭
I am Muslim a good and peaceful kind like the majority but not like those terrorist Muslims who gave the religion a bad name, and no way what so ever support the Sharia Law being enforced around Britian.

I just want to know what the UK I.e David Cameron and co are doing to stop them from taking over? If they loved this Country so much, I would have thought there arse would have been flung back to where ever they came from.

This is England not Saudi Arabia,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019547/Anjem-Choudary-Islamic-extremists-set-Sharia-law-zones-UK-cities.html#comments

Comments

• Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that concerns me is the regional devolution of England and what would happen if a devolved city administration proposed to govern under Sharia law.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although that article is 4 years old, I quite like the idea of a smoke free, dink free zone.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone give an example of where Sharia Law has actually overridden laws in the UK?

Im not sure I believe the UK is being overrun by Sharia.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously? Of course this isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a view from six years ago that probably still holds good.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2009/jul/01/sharia-courts-islam
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I am Muslim a good and peaceful kind like the majority but not like those terrorist Muslims who gave the religion a bad name, and no way what so ever support the Sharia Law being enforced around Britian.

I just want to know what the UK I.e David Cameron and co are doing to stop them from taking over? If they loved this Country so much, I would have thought there arse would have been flung back to where ever they came from.

This is England not Saudi Arabia,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019547/Anjem-Choudary-Islamic-extremists-set-Sharia-law-zones-UK-cities.html#comments

In what way do you think Sharia law is in any danger of taking over... ?

It really isn't. I would highly recommend you find something else to worry about.
  • Options
    Sport1Sport1 Posts: 8,819
    Forum Member
    This may be a wild guess but I'm not sure the OP is a Muslim.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me, I just worry about Muslim threads taking over.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No point in doing these threads anymore.It will get locked like the others on page 3.
    DS don't like religious stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sport1 wrote: »

He is though.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why can;t people argue over something sensible, like the lost kingdom of Atlantis
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    No point in doing these threads anymore.It will get locked like the others on page 3.
    DS don't like religious stuff.

It's not that, it's just that they are pointless, circular arguments about wholly non-existent 'threats' that attract idiots and bigots.

What's the point in having the discussion?

It's like me asking what David Cameron is doing to stop China invading Britain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    It's not that, it's just that they are pointless, circular arguments about wholly non-existent 'threats' that attract idiots and bigots.

What's the point in having the discussion?

It's like me asking what David Cameron is doing to stop China invading Britain.

That would be a interesting thread... if China was 'invading' Britain
  • Options
    Eddie MunsterEddie Munster Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, what place in the UK has fallen to Sharia law?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, what place in the UK has fallen to Sharia law?

I believe there may be a list on Britain First facebook page
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3sweet5u wrote: »
    I believe there may be a list on Britain First facebook page

I wonder if the Isle of Wight will be on there?
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    MrQuike wrote: »
    He is though.

You know this how?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the UK Muslim community is becoming increasingly worried about some of their people being radicalised online.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I think the Muslim community is becoming increasingly worried about some of their community being radicalised online.

In truth, it's an extremely tiny minority that's in that situation. There's close to about 2 million Muslims in the UK. What percentage of them are being radicalised?

I'd say a very tiny number. It's even said you're more likely to be killed in a traffic collision than from a terrorist act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In truth, it's an extremely tiny minority that's in that situation. There's close to about 2 million Muslims in the UK. What percentage of them are being radicalised?

I'd say a very tiny number. It's even said you're more likely to be killed in a traffic collision than from a terrorist act.

I was talking to a Muslim guy at work today, and we touched on Tunisia. He said "Bro, it horrifies us. This radicalisation is not taking place in mosques, trust me on that. It is a grooming operation online, and our people are trying to root it out. Our religion is being hi-jacked by lunatics. Please spread the word"

Words not exact, but close enough. I believe him. It's pretty obvious that the mosques and imams here, are putting distance between themselves and the extremists.

You're right, it is a tiny minority.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the Isle of Wight will be on there?

Ha, i can assure you, no, it wont be. Theres scarecely more than a dozen Muslims there, and they ate all far too busy making money to be bothered with Sharia law. No Islamic dress, is there even a mosque. I cant think of one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I think the UK Muslim community is becoming increasingly worried about some of their people being radicalised online.

That may be so, but doesn't mean Sharia law will happen.

What sort of turnip actually thinks Sharia law is a danger when we don't even live in a representative democracy which could make such a thing happen?

3.7 million people voted UKIP, and they only got 1 MP.

Far, far less people are going to be in support of Sharia law. Ie. such a small number that their views are going to be outright ignored.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    You know this how?

Same reason I would say that you are an atheist or that 2+2=5 is a muslim, posting history.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

I thought you were an atheist? Did you go back to being a muslim?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sport1 wrote: »

Out of interest, why do you say that?