Why I dislike Marc, Mark and Marq...

Dee_110Dee_110 Posts: 1,585
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He (they) are one big fat fake..........That's it in a nutshell really, he's put on some persona that he thinks is going to win him 150K, whether it does or not I don't know and don't really care but I've disliked watching him winding people up and throwing ugly insults at the girls in the house.

This whole series of BB appears to have revolved around him. His overbearing personality has ruined this whole series and because of him we haven't been able to get to know the other house-mates which I think is a real shame.

Comments

• WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are no girls in the house.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    I wasn't aware there was triplets in the house :p
  • Dee_110Dee_110 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I wasn't aware there was triplets in the house :p

I heard somewhere he changes the end letter of his name for some reason that I forget but probably just because he want's to be different. Pathetic really.
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Dee_110!

I however like Marc (that's the way to spell it by the way).

His appeal for me is twofold. One he is a brilliant housemate. He came in clearly understanding why he was put in and what his role would be and he has played that role with gusto. He has tried not to take the game too seriously and pushed a lot of complacent fakers out of their comfort zones and allowed us to see their true personalities.

Who would have known Chloe was such a liar without Marc? Who would have known Danny is secretly really aggressive? Who would have heard Christian say anything at all? There is a difference between being fake and explicitly playing a role. Marc wears his mission on his sleeve whereas the fakers in the house are trying ever so hard to portray themselves as humble, lovely people who it hasn't even occurred to that there's money to be won. Marc has exposed them all.

Secondly he's funny, charming, a decent bloke and someone you could go to war with. He never bears grudges despite all the things people throw at him he's still there to give a pep talk to Ashleyn and Harry, cheer when Christian gets a snog and support Simon when he's become the house whipping boy.

Yes, he's profane, offensive, outrageous, rude and a wind-up merchant. Some of the things he says are shocking but I genuinely don't think he's caused any real hurt to anyone.

Finally he's he's own man. When everyone was telling him to ditch Helen it would have been the easiest thing in the world for him to do it. He had everything to gain by distancing himself but he chose to be loyal to her as a friend - disagree with her when she went too far, but never abandon her.

Some people can't square being offensive with being decent. I can and that's why I like Marc.
  • WhatJoeThinksWhatJoeThinks Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top post, Iggy's Boy. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks man.:)
  • jez37jez37 Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »
    Thanks for that Dee_110!

His appeal for me is twofold. One he is a brilliant housemate. He came in clearly understanding why he was put in and what his role would be and he has played that role with gusto. He has tried not to take the game too seriously and pushed a lot of complacent fakers out of their comfort zones and allowed us to see their true personalities.

Who would have known Chloe was such a liar without Marc? Who would have known Danny is secretly really aggressive? Who would have heard Christian say anything at all? There is a difference between being fake and explicitly playing a role. Marc wears his mission on his sleeve whereas the fakers in the house are trying ever so hard to portray themselves as humble, lovely people who it hasn't even occurred to that there's money to be won. Marc has exposed them all.

Secondly he's funny, charming, a decent bloke and someone you could go to war with. He never bears grudges despite all the things people throw at him he's still there to give a pep talk to Ashleyn and Harry, cheer when Christian gets a snog and support Simon when he's become the house whipping boy.

Yes, he's profane, offensive, outrageous, rude and a wind-up merchant. Some of the things he says are shocking but I genuinely don't think he's caused any real hurt to anyone.

Finally he's he's own man. When everyone was telling him to ditch Helen it would have been the easiest thing in the world for him to do it. He had everything to gain by distancing himself but he chose to be loyal to her as a friend - disagree with her when she went too far, but never abandon her.

Some people can't square being offensive with being decent. I can and that's why I like Marc.

Fantastic post.

Fantastic HM he is indeed!!
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member

Ditto :)
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dee_110 wrote: »
    I heard somewhere he changes the end letter of his name for some reason that I forget but probably just because he want's to be different. Pathetic really.

Yes he said there were about 3 of him in the garden with Aisleyene wasn't it?

Thanks for that Dee_110!

So 3 different spellings.
  • Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Marc either & feel he's had too much airtime for my liking...his antics don't entertain me and he (more so when Helen was in there) has stifled the other HMs. It has felt so tense and the other HMs appear to have given up...he's sucked the life out of them with his over-bearing, attention seeking behaviour IMO. I can appreciate that other FMs like him...but for me he's got too big an ego and can't see the impact of his behaviour on his fellow HMs.

I really hope he goes tonight.
  • GrozzyGirlGrozzyGirl Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Dee_110!

So how do you square being offensive with being decent ?

He's not brilliant housemate he's a horrible man.
    He is not funny or charming.
    He knew he would gain this sort of appreciation from staying friends with Helen , who was last years winner in case you forgot. You are being taking in massively IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said Iggy's Boy, you've got him spot on, nothing to add to that.
  • GrozzyGirlGrozzyGirl Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helsbels46 wrote: »
    I don't like Marc either & feel he's had too much airtime for my liking...his antics don't entertain me and he (more so when Helen was in there) has stifled the other HMs. It has felt so tense and the other HMs appear to have given up...he's sucked the life out of them with his over-bearing, attention seeking behaviour IMO. I can appreciate that other FMs like him...but for me he's got too big an ego and can't see the impact of his behaviour on his fellow HMs.

I agree. I would add that Marc is bright, he's clever educated and trained. Which is positive but Marc uses it in a negative way.

HMs like Danny, Chloe and Aisleyne are nowhere near that bright or trained, they lack control and vocabulary.

He exploits that, he baits them, outsmarts them and then laughs at them. When they retaliate he says "don't do that, don't talk to to me, I'm walking away" so that they are seen raging at him and him staying calm and smiling,
    Then he goes into the DR and sits telling the viewers how he is the victim.

If you are manipulated and by him then your like Danny, aisleyne and Chloe and if he met you he'd be nasty to you.

Finally, much as I dislike him, I'm sorry that he has such problems that he has used his not insignificant gifts for negatives rather than positives, but he has. Until he resolves all his internal issues he will continue to be hateful.
  • busby2000busby2000 Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helsbels46 wrote: »

I don't like Marc, I have tried but I just can't take to him, I don't like the way he winds other HM's up then stands with that horrible smile/smirk on his face, he has said some horrible things to Chloe and his comments have hurt others in the house I think the sooner he goes the better for the show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GrozzyGirl wrote: »
    I agree. I would add that Marc is bright, he's clever educated and trained. Which is positive but Marc uses it in a negative way.

HMs like Danny, Chloe and Aisleyne are nowhere near that bright or trained, they lack control and vocabulary.

He exploits that, he baits them, outsmarts them and then laughs at them. When they retaliate he says "don't do that, don't talk to to me, I'm walking away" so that they are seen raging at him and him staying calm and smiling,

If you are manipulated and by him then your like Danny, aisleyne and Chloe and if he met you he'd be nasty to you.

Finally, much as I dislike him, I'm sorry that he has such problems that he has used his not insignificant gifts for negatives rather than positives, but he has. Until he resolves all his internal issues he will continue to be hateful.

Yep all this. Ty you explained it better than I did
  • roseblue1roseblue1 Posts: 7,498
    Forum Member
    busby2000 wrote: »
    I don't like Marc, I have tried but I just can't take to him, I don't like the way he winds other HM's up then stands with that horrible smile/smirk on his face, he has said some horrible things to Chloe and his comments have hurt others in the house I think the sooner he goes the better for the show

Yes so they can all drink tea and lay on there beds..........yes really exciting.
  • Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roseblue1 wrote: »
    Yes so they can all drink tea and lay on there beds..........yes really exciting.

I think they might be doing that because they've had the life sucked out of them...Helen & Marc, and now Marc on his own, caused so much tension that over-spilled into arguments and it has drained their energy. Arguments and tension are exhausting...I think if Marc wasn't there the HMs would get a new lease of life.

For the record, I'd rather watch them having a cup of tea, lying on their beds in a natural way rather than the contrived antagonistic behaviour that Marc gives us in the name of 'entertainment'. Not for me :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL if Marc walks though those doors tonight I'll be switching BB off for the year at the end of BOTS, it will be a complete yawnfest if he goes, I'm not interested in seeing Danny sitting there picking the others off one by one, and running off with the money at the end to chase and bed more zlisters and then dump them after he's got the notches on his bedpost ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok so you think having Marc in the house makes it exciting? I'm sorry but I find him hateful. This year has been one of the worst BB ever for me, I don't think it has been boring but I don't think it has been fun either and I lay that at Marc's feet, for someone who claims to tell the truth he is a liar and a nasty person and I think the house will be a better place with him gone but that's just my opinion
  • Monkey TennisMonkey Tennis Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Dee_110!

Really good and insightful post Iggy, some great points made, and my view on him is he same. He's multi-layered and more complex than some of the one-dimensional folk in there, and there is far more to him than many seem to accept.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really good and insightful post Iggy, some great points made, and my view on him is he same. He's multi-layered and more complex than some of the dimensional folk in there, and there is far more to him than many seem to accept.

Thanks MT!
  • diesels hummindiesels hummin Posts: 7,589
    Forum Member
    He is faker than Aisleynes tits. I dont know if that is possible, but he is certainly very fake. A complete bumlicking wannabee.
  • Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he said there were about 3 of him in the garden with Aisleyene wasn't it?

So 3 different spellings.

He claims Marc is the scientist, Mark is the stripper and Marq is an absolute lunatic.
    So going by that, we're watching Marc the scientist. (rolls eyes).
  • Eva_MoriganEva_Morigan Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    GrozzyGirl wrote: »

Well said Grozzy. I couldn't agree more and I wish I was as articulate as you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Dee_110!

^^ totally agree!