Options

Best Radio Presenters EVER!!

Comments

• Options
    ALAN306ALAN306 Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    mistermeep wrote:
    Few of mine from over the years....

Colin Cook, Signal mid 80s (made school nights bearable)
    James Stannage, Signal mid 80s (yes he was there for a bit)
    Phil Gayle, Signal 87 ish (now does channel 4 news)
    DLT, radio 1 88 ish (dunno why but used to love his sunday morning shows)
    Phil Holden, BRMB late 80s (used to skip school to listen to his afternoon shows)
    Myatt and Perry, Beacon late 80s early 90s (used to make a sports show listenable, and the kremlin crew morning zoo was worth getting up for)
    Rude and the Ferret, Marcher/MFM late 80s (trevor james and roy norry on a sunday morning, excellent stuff)

no doubt I've forgotten more than I've remembered :rolleyes:

Exactly my list too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Best presenters i've ever heard have to be Kenny Campbell (West Sound 1035AM) and Colin McArdle (West FM).Another fave is Stuart Rogers (West Sound)
  • Options
    MSmithMSmith Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    May be not the best but one of the most memorable from the last 20-30 year was the woman on Radio Tirana who after half an hour of decrying the evils of Western capitalism would sign off with a cheery "Good-bye dear listeners".

The other memorable one for me - and one of the best - was Wolfman Jack who I occasionally got on AFN - probably late 70s. Totally unlike anyone else in the UK.
  • Options
    beaconbeacon Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    It has to be the range of Luxembourg presenters during the late 70s and into the 80s. Rob Jones especially and Bob Stewart,etc. These presenters really knew how to entertain and bring the audience in to a one to one listener / presenter relationship. God knows why Rob Jones does no presentation these days. I know he runs a media company himself and presenting is probably below him these days, but what a watse of a great voice and presentation style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MSmith wrote:
    the woman on Radio Tirana who after half an hour of decrying the evils of Western capitalism would sign off with a cheery "Good-bye dear listeners"

As the political monologues droned on over the years she became more and more adenoidal and you'd wonder if she would swallow her own tonsils. The well-worn phrases became nasalised --- "American Imperialists" turned into "American Impists", and "running dogs" became "runny docks". Yes ok then, best presenter ever!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kenny Everett
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wel im surprised that Les Ross has only been voted a couple times here ...

Hes a legend and i was listening to him on BBC WM for the first time this morning he still sounds fantastic.

He was taliking about kenny everett this morning how he got the honour to meet him a couple of times at the sony awards..

He even mentioned old BRMB a few times on WM interesting listen ill defo be tuning in next weekend
  • Options
    RadioJohnRadioJohn Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wel im surprised that Les Ross has only been voted a couple times here ...

Hes a legend and i was listening to him on BBC WM for the first time this morning he still sounds fantasti

Well It surprises me that you think Les Ross is a legend!yet you have only just lisend to his sunday show on BBC WM? he's been on for over a year!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but i used to listen to Les Ross on brmb for many years

Dont really listen to WM but today i did and i liked it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK peeps hand's up and shame the devil!! How many of you are scrolling down these list's to find out if someone has posted YOUR name here :D . Who's first to admit it? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe no-ones written Kam Kelly or Sally Bailey down :eek: they're such legends.
    :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wel Kam Kelly is ok now hes on capital
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? I don't think he's changed as a presenter in terms of getting better or worse (he'll always be awesome to me), I just don't think his slot on Capital and the fact that he hasn't got the gorgeous Sally as a co-presenter, hasn't exactly done him any favours
    (No offence babes if you read this)
    Did you not like him on Core Control?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No core control is rubbish no offence babes lol

Elliott Webb from brmb used to work with sally
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did he work with Sal?
  • Options
    trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Gaunt, godlike genius big boy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Howard Stern, obviously. But I don't know that we're counting non-Brits.

Nick Abbot, Scottie McClue, Tommy Boyd, Bill Young and the infamous Wild Al Kelly for talk (although I haven't heard WAK in some time).

For music, John Collins (hi, John! He reads, y'know) and Stuart Rogers are always at the top of my tree for entertainment.
  • Options
    PostiePatPostiePat Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Andy Miller when he used to do the afternoon show before he became part of the morning crew with Paula White and Caren James. I'm not too sure but I believe he was when Trent fm split with Derby in the afternoon. I could be wrong but was it not Mark Burrows on Trent fm (Derby) in the afternoons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babes

Elliott webb used to work with sally when vibe101 was galaxy bt i dont know what show they presented.

What station do you listen to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop mocking the babes thing. I was saying it to Kam not you.
    I thought Sal presented with Kammy on vibe?
    I listen to 2-ten.
    I know this is changing the subject a teeny bit..but does anyone know what happened to Darren Spence? It took me agesss to realise he wasn't on drivetime anymore. I heard he was on Heart...is this true?
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PostiePat wrote:
    Andy Miller when he used to do the afternoon show before he became part of the morning crew with Paula White and Caren James. I'm not too sure but I believe he was when Trent fm split with Derby in the afternoon. I could be wrong but was it not Mark Burrows on Trent fm (Derby) in the afternoons.

When Andy did afternoons on Trent it was carried in both Nottingham and Derby. Mark Burrows was the overnight/early breakfast presenter at the time.
  • Options
    anapanap Posts: 6,925
    Forum Member
    John Peel
    Rob Jones (takes you home tonight...)
    Steve Wright
    Allan Beswick
    Annie Nightingale
    Chris Evans
    Tony Butler (On yer Bike!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emmalouise it might of been on radioaire then in leeds cuz elliott as worked their b4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Mine are:

James H Reeve
    James Whale
    Mike Dickin
    Scotty McClue (sp!)
    Adrian Allen (Last time I heard him was YEARS ago on Real Radio, had to stream it on dialup when he was at the Welsh Real)

Must agree with a previous poster that Chris Evans is doing a good jon on Radio 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kenny Page (sadly passed away July 2002) Radio Tay/ Mi Amigo/ Voice Of Peace/Kingdom FM

Micky Gavin (Tay FM/Forth One/Beat 106/Kingdom FM

Gary Robinson (Radio Tay)