Options

Sick of the horrible Tamera and Hannah comments...

Comments

• Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Vicky. wrote: »
    I haven't actually seen any bad comments about Hannah.

It is annoying though, not being able to make any criticism without getting 'they are just teenagers' over and over again. Sam C is just a teenager..as is Nicholas..2 of kingsland road are just teenagers too..yet they aren't immune from criticism because of their age..people don't get a barrage of abuse the second they criticize one of the guys for something. Why only the girls? :confused:

There were many last week about she had a horrible look on her face after singing. There were other comments among those who described it rather nastily (you should have read some of the comments on the main thread last week - boy they were catty).

Girls/mothers/grannies will always dote on the boys, they are the voters and will find it difficult to vote for a girl, especially a good-looking one. Jealousy is a powerful emotion and it can work in subtle ways. I say this as a girl myself, it's sad and catty.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose there is an element of people who just get pleasure out of being nasty. Pretty sad really.
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    There were many last week about she had a horrible look on her face after her singing.

Girls/mothers/grannies will always dote on the boys, they are the voters and will find it difficult to vote for a girl, especially a good-looking one. Jealousy is a powerful emotion and it can work in subtle ways. I say this as a girl myself, it's sad and catty.

But why is the 'only a teenager' excuse only valid for the teenage girls?

And I wasn't on here last week..will have a read back. Can't actually imagine anything bad people would have to say about Hannah :confused:

Edit. The only bad thing I can think of with Hannah..is that (until this week) she is always seeming so damn miserable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    I agree that her apologies might be genuine. I was just pointing out that the people on DS making horrible comments aren't in the public eye like Tamera is so have no reason to apologize and repent to anonymous forum users.

Erm, regardless of whether you're in the public eye or not, why should someone who doesn't apologize be considered for forgiveness?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I haven't actually seen any bad comments about Hannah.

It is annoying though, not being able to make any criticism without getting 'they are just teenagers' over and over again. Sam C is just a teenager..as is Nicholas..2 of kingsland road are just teenagers too..yet they aren't immune from criticism because of their age..people don't get a barrage of abuse the second they criticize one of the guys for something. Why only the girls? :confused:

This. People on twitter making comments about Connor being upset yet he's just 19. It's kind of mean. I suppose people think it's okay because they're boys which is really stupid.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    What about Abi? The comments about her last week were a bit over the top, and pretty horrible, just because she was crying and sad all weekend.

Hannah is lovely, good fun and seems a genuinely nice girl whose had a bit of a hard time in life. Im not a fan of Tamera but do feel bit sorry for her, she is young and I dont approve of what she did in the past but its easy to forget shes only young as she looks alot older!
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    She sang flat and forgot her words in her audition and so should not have been forced through over others who did not. Fact!

She sung flat last night as she could not hide behind her OTT riffing and shouting. Fact.

Why do we have to go around praising her just because her fans refuse to acknowledge those facts?

If it's not the producers ramming her down our throats, then it is the conduct of some on here who are utterly obsessed with her.

Question your own conduct before questioning ours.

And above all, please stop trying to shut down anyone who doesn't think that sun shines out of her backside.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And I wasn't on here last week..will have a read back. Can't actually imagine anything bad people would have to say about Hannah :confused:

Edit. The only bad thing I can think of with Hannah..is that (until this week) she is always seeming so damn miserable.

When has that ever been the excuse? I said young girls but that wasn't really anything to do with my reasoning, was it?

And actually, Nick's age is also mentioned constantly that he's only 16 or whatever and people seem to think that's an excuse for him not having any personality.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The same type of comments were made against Cher when she was on X factor, she bullied, etc. etc. the public still voted for her - not that the competition was that good the year she was on - and now she is making a name for herself in USA. These girls have been seen by the people who count and their mentor will be telling them to ignore what is written about them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Itt is certainlly difficult to fathom out the mind sts of some of the people who are on here. Some dont seem to have much of a heart i have to say.

If Tamera did get involved with another bloke, well, she's only sixteen now, how old was she then? I suspect that Tamera is the victim here.

She has had a rough time of it, but being so young, one wonders why she went off the rails, allegedly, at such a young age. Nobody is born 'bad' and I do wonder what kind of upbringing she has endured to have struggled so much with her own identity this way.

I don't believe anything I read in the papers, it's all made up or exaggerated. But I do believe in giving somebody a second chance, if they are genuinely sorry and want to change their lives around.

If the faceless online bullies were to apologise and stop their awful comments, they'd get a second chance too. But I suspect these bullies are older, more set in their ways, and unlikely to demonstrate any remorse from the safety of their anonymous personas.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member

Exactly! Did you read some of the nasty comments some Tamera fans posted about Nicholas earlier today on here? And he is only 16 as well.

This really is total fan obsession and they only have themselves to blame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When has that ever been the excuse? I said young girls but that wasn't really anything to do with my reasoning, was it?

And actually, Nick's age is also mentioned constantly that he's only 16 or whatever and people seem to think that's an excuse for him not having any personality.

EVERYTIME someone says anything even slightly critical of Tamera?

Same people have no problem slagging KR or SamC though. Funny that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheikaman wrote: »
    If Tamera did get involved with another bloke, well, she's only sixteen now, how old was she then? I suspect that Tamera is the victim here.

She has had a rough time of it, but being so young, one wonders why she went off the rails, allegedly, at such a young age. Nobody is born 'bad' and I do wonder what kind of upbringing she has endured to have struggled so much with her own identity this way.

I don't believe anything I read in the papers, it's all made up or exaggerated. But I do believe in giving somebody a second chance, if they are genuinely sorry and want to change their lives around.

If the faceless online bullies were to apologise and stop their awful comments, they'd get a second chance too. But I suspect these bullies are older, more set in their ways, and unlikely to demonstrate any remorse from the safety of their anonymous personas.

Very well put, and it is great that they are both through to the next stage, so the negative comments that they have been receiving have'nt paid off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She sang flat and forgot her words in her audition and so should not have been forced through over others who did not. Fact!

She sung flat last night as she could not hide behind her OTT riffing and shouting. Fact.

Why do we have to go around praising her just because her fans refuse to acknowledge those facts?

If it's not the producers ramming her down our throats, then it is the conduct of some on here who are utterly obsessed with her.

And above all, please stop trying to shut down anyone who doesn't think that sun shines out of her backside.

The main critique against her was that she was singing too softly, too boringly. So don't know what you were watching.

Well if disliking horrible catty comments about Tamera is considered 'utterly obsessed with her' and 'shutting down other people' then that's just sad and funny.
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. I don't care what's she's like as a person, she's just not very good. Flat on several occasions and I don't know why people think she's good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EVERYTIME someone says anything even slightly critical of Tamera?

Same people have no problem slagging KR or SamC though. Funny that

Funny haven't heard one person use that in this thread. Unless it was my comment about younger girls that set you off (but that wasn't even the point was it?).

Nobody's slagged off Sam C nor KR on this thread. I haven't. So don't know who you're directing this anger at?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The same type of comments were made against Cher when she was on X factor, she bullied, etc. etc. the public still voted for her - not that the competition was that good the year she was on - and now she is making a name for herself in USA. These girls have been seen by the people who count and their mentor will be telling them to ignore what is written about them.

Cher was bottom of the votes 3 times...the public didnt vote for her as much as we were led to believe. I think the negative comments about her stopped her having a long-term career in this country, people dont want to forget, but in America they dont know any of that and shes doing really well there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Funny haven't heard one person use that in this thread. Unless it was my comment about younger girls that set you off (but that wasn't even the point was it?).

Nobody's slagged off Sam C nor KR on this thread. I haven't. So don't know who you're directing this anger at?

Wasnt meaning this thread, in general, if you look into Tamera threads..you see it constantly. Its quite annoying tbh. I like the girl, but think she comes across quite cocky, and because of that I get a load of insults and 'shes only 16' type comments :p

Sorry for hijaking your thread with it though:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    Cher was bottom of the votes 3 times...the public didnt vote for her as much as we were led to believe. I think the negative comments about her stopped her having a long-term career in this country, people dont want to forget, but in America they dont know any of that and shes doing really well there.

That's because they have a greater deal of fiarness about them. i did'nt care much for Cher's music, but i am really glad that she has done well for herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stash22 wrote: »

Yeah, they even had to add the judges vote to the semi-final to screw Mary over so that Cher was in the final :o

She's done well though. But I still don't see why they needed to fix it to get her in the final.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

:D love the hypocrisy. Don't be rude about Tamera but let's make another dig at Nicholas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasnt meaning this thread, in general, if you look into Tamera threads..you see it constantly. Its quite annoying tbh. I like the girl, but think she comes across quite cocky, and because of that I get a load of insults and 'shes only 16' type comments :p

Sorry for hijaking your thread with it though:o

It's ok, I don't think the fact that she's only 16 should really be reasoning either. :)

What I don't understand is criticism of people who don't like irrational hateful comments towards contestants. It's as if we should all be as venomous as them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously what is wrong with some of you? They're both young girls, yet some of you seem to derive enjoyment seeing them both get in the bottom 2.

Tonight on the Xtra Factor, all of the girls (Abi, Hannah, Tamera) were holding hands together and were so supportive of each other, they're always hugging each other in the VTs. How on earth can you say these girls aren't sweet? They seem so lovely to each other! Hannah's always smiling, Tamera seems like a shy but nice girl.

Also speechless at Tamera being in the B2, knew it was going to happen but didn't think she deserved it in the slightest, but what difference does my opinion make?
    Doesn't surprise me one bit that Tamera was in the bottom two. She's not very original and you can't "force" someone to be a star. They either have it or they don't, and Tamera clearly doesn't have it - at least not yet. It all comes off as too forced and fake. She should have been cut at judges houses and come back again in a couple of years after she had a chance to figure out who she is as an artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, they even had to add the judges vote to the semi-final to screw Mary over so that Cher was in the final :o

She's done well though. But I still don't see why they needed to fix it to get her in the final.

Oh yes, I forgot about that bit!
    Both Paige and Mary should have stayed over her, if down to the public vote.

The thing with Tamera reminds me of the Cher situation, in both cases I find the show a bit pushy about them being superstars etc, a lot of hype surrounds them - the public dont want an act shoved down their throats all the time and it particularly backfires when it comes to females.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Doesn't surprise me one bit that Tamera was in the bottom two. She's not very original and you can't "force" someone to be a star. They either have it or they don't, and Tamera clearly doesn't have it - at least not yet. It all comes off as too forced and fake. She should have been cut at judges houses and come back again in a couple of years after she had a chance to figure out who she is as an artist.

Really? I think the producers being Cowell's henchmen would know what sells and would know that Tamera would be the best winner commercially for them. Thus the producers backing Tamera must surely prove she has 'it' over others?

The reason why she's bottom 2 is simple: early slot (so easy to forget), neutral performance (not in danger so no fan votes, not exceptional so casuals won't pick up) and female (has to prove herself that much more). Easy explanation.

I don't agree so much with the mainstream thinking she wasn't exceptional in that performance though. ;)