It's safe to say Christina Aguilera "Your Body" flopped.

MartimaterMartimater Posts: 337
Forum Member
Christina A flopped with her supposed No.1 smash. Only hit #34 on the Hot 100 and is currently sitting at #47 on US iTunes. Even 'Not Myself Tonight' performed better: #23 on the Hot 100. What's happened to CA?

The song was released three weeks ago. Dont start with this, " takes ages to peak" rubbish.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say wait until the album has been released to see if it's flopped. It is under performing but things may pick up.

The single is generic dance crap anyway, Not Myself Tonight was at least different and a lot better. But there is no turning back she doesn't seem popular anymore and there is pretty much nothing she can do about it. If a generic single like that won't work nothing will. I do think a ballad (a good one) will help with album sales if released as the second single.

But i predict this will be another under performing album for her. I can't see her reaching a million sales for a single album ever again. Although I really don't get what went wrong everything up until Bionic sold really well, even the greatest hits album.
  • STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I guess this thread was created to ease your upset at Leona's song not doing as well as you ranted and raved to me it would.

Your Body has already out performed Dirrty in America so if Your Body flopped then so did Dirrty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurray, she's dreadful.
  • MartimaterMartimater Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I guess this thread was created to ease your upset at Leona's song not doing as well as you ranted and raved to me it would.

Your Body has already out performed Dirrty in America so if Your Body flopped then so did Dirrty.

I'm sorry but I always knew Trouble wasn't going to hit no.1 and at least I was modest about it. You on the other hand were overating this track to the death, saying how it would smash worldwide etc. I think Trouble will peak higher than Your Body in the UK anyway tbh.
    Dirrty would've sold better than Your Body first week so it didn't flop as hard as YB in my opinion.
  • STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Martimater wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I always knew Trouble wasn't going to hit no.1 and at least I was modest about it. You on the other hand were overating this track to the death, saying how it would smash worldwide etc. I think Trouble will peak higher than Your Body in the UK anyway tbh.

lamo

I never said such a thing.

Looking very forward to seeing how Your Body does do in the UK now its getting heavy video play ;)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christina has always been more of an album seller anyway. Dirty peaked rather low in America when she started her Stripped era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said it before and I say it once again, she should had replaced the synthesizer with decent guitars and a rock n roll piano, it would had smashed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    You're so obsessed with her though. You've been spamming the single thread for weeks and now you made a whole thread about this. You have no idea about how the US charts work anyway, so give it up. We get it, you're not a fan, so stop checking her iTunes positions all the time and stop trying to prove the song is a flop at any chance given. It's the 19th most played song on US radio this week, so it's far from a flop.

Btw, you seem to have trouble controlling your negativity in general. I just read your comment on the iTunes festival thread ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Is this really necessary? The song has been out just two weeks! Surely this could have been posted in the single thread!
    Forum Member
    aphippo wrote: »
    Is this really necessary? The song has been out just two weeks! Surely this could have been posted in the single thread!
    He's already posted it in the single thread numerous times during the last few days :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge Christina fan but I don't like Your Body and wouldn't buy it. I am still looking forward to hearing the rest of the album, you can never judge a Christina album by the single tracks.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's certainly not been the smash hit Xtina fans were screaming it would be on here so far has it. It's been released for three weeks and has so far only gone Top 20 in 2 countries! Sill it's fortunes may well change with promotion, and personally I love it but at this moment in time it aint looking brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Im a big Christina fan too but am i the only one confused by the song? I find it difficult to appreciate as much as i want to like it. I think the pace is way too slow and its genre is very indefinable (not in a good way) maybe its a grower!
    Also for those saying its a flop its still increasing daily on US radio...
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Martimater wrote: »
    The song was released three weeks ago. Dont start with this, " takes ages to peak" rubbish.

It's not rubbish though. Most songs in the US take 2-3 months before they peak.

Travel back 12 months, and you can see people on this forum laughing at We Found Love flopping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    It's not rubbish though. Most songs in the US take 2-3 months before they peak.

Travel back 12 months, and you can see people on this forum laughing at We Found Love flopping.

Exactly! An even better/recent example is Demi Lovato's "Give Your Heart A Break" it was released in late January and took 25 WEEKS to become a top40 number one! And is still doing well as we speak
  • mkirilenkofanmkirilenkofan Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yup!

before the video was released, fans were so convinced it would help it.......it hasnt!

the drop on Billboard this week was 34 to 64!!!!!!

and it is currently at 49 on itunes......

and some fans try and compare how Dirrty done bad but then the album did amazing with this new era......they probably were saying that too when Not Myself Tonight was doing bad with Bionic.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These people thinking Your Body should have soared straight to the top of Billboard instantly have no idea of how US radio works. Songs very rarely go straight in at the top, it usually takes a lot of time for a song to make a full impact. Especially as Xtina lost some of her fanbase last time. The song hasn't peaked and things can easily fluctuate. That's not to say that it can't flop, because it will have if it doesn't climb again. But just because she has stalled doesn't mean she has completely failed.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had minimal promo for the song so I'm not surprised. I am disappointed, however. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would suggest pop music has had a changeover in the last few years and the likes of Britney, Christina, Madonna, Kylie, Celine, Whitney (were she alive), etc are now regarded as established, classic artists that can still have sell-out tours and big albums but singles-wise are being sidelined for newer artists. In a few years Rihanna and Gaga will be in this position as well.
    Forum Member
    Why are you all writing the song off and panicking though?

The current US #1, spending its third week at the top of the chart, is Maroon 5's 'One More Night'. The song debuted at #40 (lower than 'YB') and it kept flopping throughout summer, even though the video had been released few weeks after its official release. It took it 2 months to rebound and enter the top 10 again. If people tried to judge the song's chart run on its third week, when it was out of the top 60, noone would predict it would be #1 for 3 weeks and still going strong today. Just be patient.
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is disappointing. I preferred Not Myself Tonight.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a casual christina fan, she is a good singer and has a distinctive voice and ive liked a few of her songs over the years but she has no dress sense what so ever. much prefer her to britney but not quite as much as pink.
    I wouldnt describe it as a flop but Your body isnt one of the songs shes done that im feeling. although the beat is good the chorus sounds to generic,and the video is bizzare.. i don’t get it, christina killing various good looking red necks ( I didn’t realise there were so many).
    what has that got to do with the songs lyrics..any ideas?
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must say I'm shocked. I personally never liked the song. I found it generic and a little trashy to be honest but I've seen quite a few on the Internet raving about Your Body for quite some time now so I really thought this would be her big comeback song.
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    It looks like it will do well in the UK though. Capital have playlisted it and started putting it into rotation and its TV airplay has started to build nicely!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    I don't really understand why it isn't doing well. Your Body is one of the best tracks Christina has ever done in my opinion so it's strange. Perhaps it's her label RCA once again - they can't seem to get anything right...