Do you think ps4s will reduce in price soon?

MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is there any set time of year sales on consoles are likely? I want a ps4 but can't justify it at the current price, so wondering if any of you gamers could advise on this. Had a PS3 for years. Saved for months to get a PS3 and it went £100 or so cheaper two days after I bought it!!

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    The black or white ps4 is £300 on Amazon. You're not going to find it much cheaper for a nice while, maybe Christmas.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Actually buy a ps4 from Argos for £299 and get The Order AND The Last of Us for free.

Linky link

Offer available until March 5/6. Amazing deal.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony have no reason to officially reduce the price while it's still selling like hotcakes.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would wait now for a while (towards the end of the year), see what bundle prices are like around the release of Uncharted 4....the console is still holding it's price so don't expect any major changes in pricing this year but the bundle deals can be very good value for money.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that argos deal is really good! Thanks :-)
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,690
    Forum Member
    I know I'm probably being dumb here but why does it say £299.99 yet morph into £349 when you add it to the trolley?

Regards

Mark
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    I know I'm probably being dumb here but why does it say £299.99 yet morph into £349 when you add it to the trolley?

Regards

Mark
    I think that offer ended Monday. It's £349.99 now with The Last of Us and The Order.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It said that offer of £299 ends 6th March. People are asking on Twitter and argos have replied sue to the console increasing in price the bundle has increased. I personally don't think that's acceptable. You can't asvertise a set bundle price till a particular date then change it midway through.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argos basically changed the deal because they got there price wrong. everybody else was offering that deal at £349.99 while they offered it at £299.99. realizing their mistake it is now £349.99 like everyone else
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was interested at £299.99 but couldn't find it in stock at that price anywhere local to me. im waiting for a cheaper slim version with a better controller battery as there's nothing i desperately want to play at the moment
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Game seem to have the best deals over Xmas - now there's sweet fa out there - I would wait until late November - mid dec or wait for the ps4 slim which might come out end of this year but probably 2016
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I think it will reduce slowly in price, it's never going to go under £200 unless if it has like 2GB (just an example for shitty gb)
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Lukass wrote: »
    I think it will reduce slowly in price, it's never going to go under £200 unless if it has like 2GB (just an example for shitty gb)

It may not come down in price at all anytime soon - I suspect that we may see a hardware revision to make the console cheaper to make and then see multiple game bundles at the £300 mark come Christmas.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan27 wrote: »
    It may not come down in price at all anytime soon - I suspect that we may see a hardware revision to make the console cheaper to make and then see multiple game bundles at the £300 mark come Christmas.

Sony have already seen reductions in the manufacturing costs of PS4. They can cut the price any time the want if they feel they need to boost sales. But why do that when the hardware is selling ahead of projections?
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Sony have already seen reductions in the manufacturing costs of PS4. They can cut the price any time the want if they feel they need to boost sales. But why do that when the hardware is selling ahead of projections?

Indeed - that's why I suspect they wont reduce the price of the console itself, rather bundle it up with games.
  • martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    What they could do is increase the hdd size to 1tb as standard but keep the price the same, (might pee off some people) but didn't xbox one do that?
    Forum Member
    4k bluray players are coming autumn this year I think so they may bring out a slim with 4k support this year.

Late nov to Xmas day seems o be the best time to buy based on last years deals
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    steveOooo wrote: »
    4k bluray players are coming autumn this year I think so they may bring out a slim with 4k support this year.

Late nov to Xmas day seems o be the best time to buy based on last years deals

Forgive my intrusion, Sony doesn't need to release a new console in which to support Bluray 4K, it is something that can be added via a software update. Now if you are referring to the HDMI 2.0 standard then that changes things completely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it could do 4k HEVC streaming via firmware update. the bluray drive in the ps4 is not 4k which i think is quad layer. so it would need a 4k bluray drive to play 4k blu rays. 4k blu ray drives will be expensive at the start making it too expensive to put in the ps4.

i suspect the slim ps4 will come with larger HDD bigger controller battery and the ability to turn off the move light.
    Forum Member
    Aye Up wrote: »
    Forgive my intrusion, Sony doesn't need to release a new console in which to support Bluray 4K, it is something that can be added via a software update. Now if you are referring to the HDMI 2.0 standard then that changes things completely.

As I understand it, a new 'standard' needs to be finalised for 4k bluray ie, new hardware required to play 4k. The first 4k bluray players are out late this year I think.

Can you playback a 4k mp4 on the ps4 and display that on the tv wuth the correct dimensions (ie not down scaled to FHD)

And then when 8k comes out next Wednesday, rinse and repeat!

"You'll need a new player to read the new discs, but the new players will be backwards compatible with existing Blu-ray movies"

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/09/4k-blu-ray-hdd/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you playback a 4k mp4 on the ps4 and display that on the tv wuth the correct dimensions (ie not down scaled to FHD)

no you cant first the ps4 needs a media player secondly it needs an HEVC codec
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Do not see any reason of reducing price of console.