The 5 lads singing Les Mis?

Comments

• Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least, they are home- grown & they can sing ;-)
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good singers and also didn't believe the one month story either mainly due to the fact pre auditions for BGT are held longer than a month before the televised ones.
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then I'm in with a chance if course!

Plus if they bat for my side they will get my vote

Oh dear, isn't that heterosexual sexism - or, something similar :o:D

Surely, there would be an uproar....if, somebody refused to vote for a contestant because he was gay :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear how gullible am I? I found it hard to believe they were only formed a month ago, but still chose to believe it, did think they were very good though and would hope they made it through to at least the semi finals?!!
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, isn't that heterosexual sexism - or, something similar :o:D

Surely, there would be an uproar....if, somebody refused to vote for a contestant because he was gay :confused:

Really now...there would be uproar because homophobia is a serious/real thing. Heterophobia isn't. And there are probably people that don't vote for contestants because they're gay anyway...

And is it racist when some welsh people will vote for a contestant because they're welsh? Nope. Its kind of a way to relate to a contestant but 'straight people' are kind of the norm so straight people don't vote for someone because theyre straight because the competition is probably 90% straight people so there would be no point.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the same Jamie Lambert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTVgKDWjyE
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good singers and also didn't believe the one month story either mainly due to the fact pre auditions for BGT are held longer than a month before the televised ones.
    That's right because a young friend of mine had three auditions ages before she went on stage at Manchester - then once she was in full flow, Simon stopped her and asked if she'd got a different song she could sing! I think her young age (just 11) went against her! :(
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    Is this the same Jamie Lambert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpTVgKDWjyE

Yep, I posted the same clip earlier...:):)
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member

Well they are already very good trained singers and they have young sex appeal.
    They are ready to go pick some songs and head to the recording studio.
    Good luck to them!
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clearly they didn't audition as a group from the very beginning of the process (because as someone pointed out, the audition process started much more than a month ago). I suspect what happened is that they auditioned as soloists and the BGT bods decided to put them together as a group for the TV audition. Also, I suspect that their 'day jobs' are jobs they've been doing to support themselves until they can do so via their musical/theatrical work. But in TV Talent Show World it's bad to admit to being a professional performer with training and experience, so instead they say they're a builder or a waiter or a call centre worker or whatever.

They were OK, but I felt the judges' reaction was way OTT! Amanda Holden behaved like she'd never heard any Musical Theatre singing before...which is odd, given that she has appeared in WE shows and will have worked with people who blow the Collabro singers out of the water! Also, Cowell trying to pretend that he had no idea that they were going to be good - he needs to work on his acting skills!:D

Incidentally, I thought their song choice was a bit strange. I like Stars, but it's not really a group song - as evidenced by the arrangement, which had large chunks of the song being sung solo with the rest of the group humming softly in the background. I'd have preferred to see much more group singing, and also a song that isn't from Les Mis, Phantom or Miss Saigon.
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Incidentally, I thought their song choice was a bit strange. I like Stars, but it's not really a group song - as evidenced by the arrangement, which had large chunks of the song being sung solo with the rest of the group humming softly in the background. I'd have preferred to see much more group singing, and also a song that isn't from Les Mis, Phantom or Miss Saigon.

Well I love that song and they did a good arrangement of it, but if someone listens to the words without any understanding of who sings it and what it's about, it will make very little sense at all.

But then as with any 'anthemic' song as long as it includes power words in the right places, what it's actually about doesn't usually matter. :D
    Forum Member
    Well I love that song and they did a good arrangement of it, but if someone listens to the words without any understanding of who sings it and what it's about, it will make very little sense at all.

. :D

I totally agree, you have to know the Les Mis story to fully appreciate how beautiful that song is.

I am eagerly waiting their song choice in the next round. We did not hear, in that song, just how operatic their voices are so will be interesting if they choose something really powerful...
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here is the best 'Javert' ever, (Philip Quast) singing it.

Certainly
    Forum Member
    And here is the best 'Javert' ever, (Philip Quast) singing it.

Oh what a complete ****!

Would have help if I had actually include the bloody link!

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxk4mveLCw&feature=kp
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that's talent!:D

PQ is awesome!:)
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Now that's talent!:D

PQ is awesome!:)

It is when you still want to BOOOO and HISSSSSS him at the end! :D
  • SmithyfanSmithyfan Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know, I don't care if they were put together a year, a month, a week or 3 days ago, I don't care if they're gay or straight either, what I saw and heard was five very talented guys singing a great arrangement of a fantastic song and I absolutely loved it.

They were auditioning for BGT not Les Miserables and I think it was an inspired song choice. Anyone who doesn't know the story of the musical hopefully will have just enjoyed the song without needing to know who Javert was and why he was singing this.

The benchmark has been set for me, they're the ones to beat.
    Forum Member
    Smithyfan wrote: »
    Do you know, I don't care if they were put together a year, a month, a week or 3 days ago, I don't care if they're gay or straight either, what I saw and heard was five very talented guys singing a great arrangement of a fantastic song and I absolutely loved it.

The benchmark has been set for me, they're the ones to beat.

So the old granny being thrown around the stage didn't do it for you then? :D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well IL Divo must be coming up for retirement age :D
    Forum Member
    Oh what a complete ****!

Would have help if I had actually include the bloody link!

:blush::blush::blush::blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxk4mveLCw&feature=kp

I know everyone says Philip Quast was the best but I have to say my favourite was Michael Mccarthy and I have seen more than one Javert over the years..:):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been together a month. yeah right
    Forum Member
    been together a month. yeah right[/QUOTE

That does not mean anything. Both One Direction and Il Divo were out together by SC...and both I would say, apart from being hugely successful, are mega rich...
    Il Divo should be, it is costing me £95 to go see them in concert.....
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah, where would I be without DS? I had no idea that song was from Les Mis!

My take on the whole thing was, I thought the song they sang was a Church song ( which I thought explained why the judges all looked sideways at each other!) and as they seemed so well-rehearsed, I assumed they'd maybe sung together in a choir, and had "only been together for a month" as a five-piece. It all seemed to make sense!

Just goes to show how wrong you can be!! But I did like them a lot.

xx
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PQ is so talented
    I love Les Misrables
    I hope that Collabro will win