Why is William Roache (Corrie's Ken Barlow) always going on about his sex life?

Buffy AnneBuffy Anne Posts: 133
Forum Member
It's embarrassing. Not because he's an older gent but because I think it's seedy and desperate when anyone does it.

Is he determined to be seen as being more exciting than the character he plays so he goes on about who he's sleeping with? Then there's all the spirituality stuff too. He's insisting on This Morning (the first thing they talked about was sex, which what sparked this thread) he's not in a cult but it sounds a bit suss to me.

Strange man, imho.

Comments

• littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange. Wreaks of 'look at me arent I interesting after all'. Reminds me of when folks with boring nice images come out and tell everyone they have taken drugs and try and up their cool factor. Jason Donovan and Katherine Jenkins spring to mind.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I saw an article earlier about him talking to a dog through a psychic or visa versa (didn't read it) but was a pleasant change to him banging on about sex
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think his life took a turn in a direction that he wasn't expecting when his wife died so suddenly.

I very much doubt he would have divulged so much about his personal dalliances and slightly unusual spiritual interests had his wife still been here. He'd have just been Mr Reliable Ken Barlow for the rest of his days. I think her loss must have plunged him into a bit of a crisis.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually when a man talks non stop about sex it's because they are not getting any and Bill seems more interested in a furry animal with four legs now than the weather girl he was recently shagging.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like it or not, if sex in whatever shape or form has anything to do with why the likes of Roache can more than comfortably pass for 70 at 80 plus then I'll be having some of that please! :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he's a weirdo and to me personally is a creep.

He might be a soap legend but I for one will not miss Ken Barlow once he leaves Corrie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I think his life took a turn in a direction that he wasn't expecting when his wife died so suddenly.

I very much doubt he would have divulged so much about his personal dalliances and slightly unusual spiritual interests had his wife still been here. He'd have just been Mr Reliable Ken Barlow for the rest of his days. I think her loss must have plunged him into a bit of a crisis.

Yes, that's the first thing that comes to my mind- the timing of his new 'playboy' persona does seem to coincide with the loss of his lovely wife. Poor guy.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An extremely late male menopause?
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    Usually when a man talks non stop about sex it's because they are not getting any and Bill seems more interested in a furry animal with four legs now than the weather girl he was recently shagging.

I concur but, I think in Bill's case, he is convinced all women of any age, have to be attracted to him. Just so he knows, that's not the case.
    How embarrassing would it be if your dad told the entire country all about his sex life! So cringeworthy!:o
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His son Linus is a very odd man, and talking to dead pets seems to run in the family.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a444688/law--order-linus-roache-talks-to-dead-cat-through-animal-psychic.html

Anyone who's named after a cartoon character with a comfort blankie is bound to turn out strange! ;);)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2248511/Law--Order-SVU-star-Linus-Roache-helping-run-troubling-cult.html
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was a lucky guy to get with that weather girl. I've liked her for ages, when seeing her on our local news.
  • Alpo.Alpo. Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it must be the hair that pulls all the birds...cracking head of her on the old fella.