Options

Gary Barlow has one of the BIGGEST egos in Britain

teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
Forum Member
Am I the only one who can't stand this man? I'll never forget when, in the run-up to Britney and Take That both releasing albums called "(The) Circus" on the same day in 2008, he constantly slagged her off to the press by saying "I don’t see the point of Britney anymore...I think she’s more famous than she deserves to be now".

It goes without saying that Britney sold 3.5 million units of her album and Take That only managed 2 million.

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like him.
  • Options
    -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't get him either.

Imo the praise for him is over the top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who can't stand this man? I'll never forget when, in the run-up to Britney and Take That both releasing albums called "(The) Circus" on the same day in 2008, he constantly slagged her off to the press by saying "I don’t see the point of Britney anymore...I think she’s more famous than she deserves to be now".

It goes without saying that Britney sold 3.5 million units of her album and Take That only managed 2 million.

Take That- UK & Europe
    Britney Spears- Worldwide
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ego? I think you have the wrong take That member there - and I agree with him anyway, Britney Spears can't sing without the aid of a voice distorter, and doesn't write her songs. She is way past it.
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never warmed to him at all, just something about him.. but I've never met him so I might be totally wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't used to like him but like everything talent shines through. I think he is the most genuine and important members of take that. I also think he doesn't crave the spotlight like a certain Mr Williams.
  • Options
    qwertyqueenqwertyqueen Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ego? I think you have the wrong take That member there - and I agree with him anyway, Britney Spears can't sing without the aid of a voice distorter, and doesn't write her songs. She is way past it.

Gary Barlow isn't exactly the most talented person in the world either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him crawling up Dave Cameron's chocolate starfish before the election.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I agree with Gary, I can't see the point of Britney either.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him crawling up Dave Cameron's chocolate starfish before the election.

Indeed....wouldn't be surprised to see his name on the next out-dated, old-fashioned honours list

and I'm no Britney fan either (though Toxic was adequate)
  • Options
    Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always seems like a nice person to me not just that but putting together that mountain climb and that big concert a year back.
  • Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's my aversion to him too ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »

Ditto
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, my ego is far bigger....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »

She makes music and people buy it; why is there supposed to be a "point". There is no "point" to ANY musical artist in the grand scheme of things; why single out Britney Spears?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Take That- UK & Europe
    Britney Spears- Worldwide

No; both figures are for worldwide sales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Show post
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she's just a dull clothes-hanger who is well past her sell-by date?
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

You're a bit behind the times aren't you? He said that years ago! And it was one comment ... he didn't 'constantly' slag her off ... I bet you didn't have any complaints when he said he couldn't see the point in Westlife (two years earlier). It ain't his fault that the press have nothing better to do than print stuff over and over again (not just Barlow ... everyone ... I guess journalists are just lazy now as well as 'artistes').

Having said that ... I think he does think a lot of himself (although as far as ego is concerned ... he lags a long way behind his new 'best chum' Rob') Then again ... do you honestly think acts like Madonna, Justin, Beyonce, Mariah, Britney ... the list goes on ... would be the mega stars they are without having giant egos themselves?

With regard to sales ... most of Britney's sales were via the USA ... and I do hate it when people rate someone being a 'good act' because of success in the States. Sure ... Take That's sales of (actually its nearer two and a half million - for The Circus) were largely due to UK sales ... they didn't even sell many in Europe. Whereas Britney's album sales in the UK (for her Circus album) have barely troubled the half million mark. Yes ... Britney is a global superstar ... but in the UK ... she ain't a patch on Take That. Plus ... apart from the appearance on The Brits in 2009 (which I am still very angry at) they do sing live. Something Britney hasn't done for years. In fact ... I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the singing voice on her records is some fat, hairly ugly chick ... but no-one would buy that ... would they?

Again though ... I agree about the ego ... and I think he should lay off all this 'charidee' work ... because its making even me, as a Take That fan, want to vomit!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    He's one of the few celebs that I actively dislike. I do think he has a huuuuuge ego and can really see why Robbie would've hated him enough to leave Take That (obviously other issues prob also played a part in that too).

I think one evidence of his ego and perhaps his not-so-agreeable side is when Amelle from Sugababes asked for his autograph and Barlow not knowing who she was, just dismissed her and apparently was rude. His response to it was that he didn't know it was her but the thing is, it shouldn't matter who it was, if he was as rude as it sounded, he shouldn't be like that with anyone!!

Am NOT a fan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    krazykol87 wrote: »
    He's one of the few celebs that I actively dislike. I do think he has a huuuuuge ego and can really see why Robbie would've hated him enough to leave Take That (obviously other issues prob also played a part in that too).

Yes! However I wonder what it is that makes Rob say he's his 'best bud' now! The two of them are cut from the same cloth. Both know a good thing when they're on to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is fit as fook, end of!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ellie82 wrote: »
    Gary is fit as fook, end of!

I agree! He really is looking good today ... however ... there is no denying his arrogance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No; both figures are for worldwide sales.

yeah, and Take That aren't known worldwide!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeah, and Take That aren't known worldwide!

Surely that proves my point?