Jaden Smith..

123457»

Comments

• barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enough already! Nobody has used the word HATE. At a risk of getting a ban I would suggest you are being "provocative"......(.insert word of choice here.....)

End it here.

I don't like Jaden Smith.

He probably doesnt like you either:D

As Rihanna said, the hate comes with the fame and fortune.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A kid elevated way beyond his abilities, no doubt by two incredibly pushy parents.

This is my take as well.

I don't think he is that talented. But i don't get all the hate he gets from fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    im not a fan I'm just not willing to have a lot of hate for a kid just because he is ''cocky''

he hasn't killed anyone, don't anything bad.

People aren't "hating"...the day being remotely critical or less than in love with someone amounted to "hating" them was a sad day for debate.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people who are confident in their own skin and ability sometimes get accused of being cocky, when the two can be quite different things. I haven't seen enough of Jaden Smith or his sister to decide but self-confidence is something I admire in people. Cockiness isn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Some people who are confident in their own skin and ability sometimes get accused of being cocky, when the two can be quite different things.

I know what you mean, and I honestly try not to confuse the two.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    He probably doesnt like you either:D

As Rihanna said, the hate comes with the fame and fortune.

Well......:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People aren't "hating"...the day being remotely critical or less than in love with someone amounted to "hating" them was a sad day for debate.

Well said.;-)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    This is my take as well.

I don't think he is that talented. But i don't get all the hate he gets from fans.

I don't know if he's truly hated, but most of it would come from the fact that he's clearly in the position he's in due to nepotism. It's not a new thing of course. Plenty of famous people have also had famous parents, but in his case, he just doesn't have the acting ability to justify his position in the industry. I'm sure he's a nice kid, but if he wasn't the son of Will Smith, he'd be nowhere near a film set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well......:o:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said BigBoy Barry:) you have articulated what I wanted to say, but couldn't manage to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    most of it would come from the fact that he's clearly in the position he's in due to nepotism..

Not in my case, I just find him to be unpleasant and unlikeable and I think I should be allowed to say so without being accused of hating a child by the likes of sammyvine and barcajaden.

Nepotism is so normal in this world I don't give much thought to it most of the time.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean, and I honestly try not to confuse the two.

Wasn't criticizing, honest! :)

My intense dislike of Cilla Black goes beyond the rational so I'm one to talk:blush:
    Forum Member
    Not in my case, I just find him to be unpleasant and unlikeable and I think I should be allowed to say so without being accused of hating a child by the likes of sammyvine and barcajaden.

Nepotism is so normal in this world I don't give much thought to it most of the time.

So do I.

But the point of contention is "hatred", and there's really no rational justification for that in Jaden Smith's case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But the point of contention is "hatred", and there's really no rational justification for that in Jaden Smith's case.

The issue of hatred should never have been brought into the discussion, since I've not seen a single person being hateful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am not calling you a child

I just thought it was odd at the time to dislike a kid who is still growing up and maturing thats all.
    Just viewing it as i would with my own kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do I.

With the fame you get haters. So no surprised the Smith family has them.
    Forum Member
    With the fame you get haters. So no surprised the Smith family has them.

True, but some criticism is certainly justified, when talented people struggle for years for the slim chance of making it in the business, only to see the kids of famous people getting movie roles, book deals, record contracts, TV jobs etc....solely on account of their parentage rather than merit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, but some criticism is certainly justified, when talented people struggle for years for the slim chance of making it in the business, only to see the kids of famous people getting movie roles, book deals, record contracts, TV jobs etc....solely on account of their parentage rather than merit.

yuppp but thats how it has always been

Look at jack whitehall getting big because of his father. David Beckhams son modelling for Burberry because his father is David Beckham.

Just seems unfair that people seem to always single out Will Smith and his kids when countless celebs do the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not calling you a child

Read my post again, a little more carefully this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read my post again, a little more carefully this time.

rude kmt
    Forum Member
    yuppp but thats how it has always been

Look at jack whitehall getting big because of his father. David Beckhams son modelling for Burberry because his father is David Beckham.

Just seems unfair that people seem to always single out Will Smith and his kids when countless celebs do the same.

Others in a similar position get criticism too. Kelly Osbourne for example, and justifiably so.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did not have a big blockbuster film bomb. You get strong reactions against nepotism when they prove it was the main reason for getting that job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rude kmt

You seem determined to view those of us who don't worship at the alter of Jaden Smith i the worst light possible, so whatever.