Options

Phil's idea of a dinner party

haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Cook a load of food, don't allow anyone to eat it but throw wads of cash at your guests!
Wish he would invite me. :D

Comments

• Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    Certainly wouldn't of given the money back because Sharon was unhappy about it, would be having too much fun to worry about Sharon misgivings.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i want to go! :D:D id go every day :D id be quids in :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Certainly wouldn't of given the money back because Sharon was unhappy about it, would be having too much fun to worry about Sharon misgivings.

I was also surprised at how quickly they returned the money and that nobody had spent any of it!
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. Sharon was being selfish in the episode imo. I don't care if she's happy the money came from grant or she's not happy phil went. She's spoiling everyone else's happiness and ruining what could of been the first cheery Mitchell meal. Sharon has to go and destroy the mood because she alone is not happy. How selfish.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Sharon was being selfish in the episode imo. I don't care if she's happy the money came from grant or she's not happy phil went. She's spoiling everyone else's happiness and ruining what could of been the first cheery Mitchell meal. Sharon has to go and destroy the mood because she alone is not happy. How selfish.
    Money doesn't buy people happiness, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »

It would if you were a Mitchell :D

Obviously Phil didn't get the money from Grant but what's the problem? They all know everything Phil does is dodgy.

What on earth will the residents of Albert Square do if money is phased out :confused:
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    I thought sharon was right to make a scene - if my partner kept disappearing and being uncontactable, but thought it was okay to swan back in, refusing to answer questions about where they had been, or how they came to have a large bag of cash, I probably would make a scene if they commanded to have a family meal and pretend like they are a caring head of the family.

Phil didn't know that Sharon's mum had died and he obviously isn't bothered about Ronnie, so why should they welcome him back like a war hero?
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of person gives their 1k back because of some stropy cow asking for it back and has nothing to do with her really?

A rare family member to have is Phil :D
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like his idea of a dinner party giving out money like that :)
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just knew as soon as Phil mentioned lunch that it would be yet more wasteful food that wouldn't get touched, infact this time they didn't even have one mouthful of those rare steaks before Shazza kicked them all out.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

She seems to have pocketed it herself anyway. Mean old bat.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    She seems to have pocketed it herself anyway. Mean old bat.
    Or she has given it back to Phil...
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. I'd have spent it before she could round me up :D
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What kind of person gives their 1k back because of some stropy cow asking for it back and has nothing to do with her really?

A rare family member to have is Phil :D

Did Phil say it was 1k? I don't remember him saying an amount.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Or she has given it back to Phil...

He'd have gone ape shit if he found out what she'd done. besides if Phil had it back it would be money that she shares.
    cooler wrote: »
    Did Phil say it was 1k? I don't remember him saying an amount.

It was a monkey each...£500.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    He'd have gone ape shit if he found out what she'd done. besides if Phil had it back it would be money that she shares.
    It was a monkey each...£500.

Probably to go with the Monkey steaks he was cooking. Bet he bought some bush meat down at the market ;-)
  • Options
    Arshee_KhanArshee_Khan Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I like his idea of a dinner party giving out money like that :)

So do I :D:D:D
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I understand that
    More then you realise but because one person disapproves
    Doesn't mean they should make everyone else's choice and take the money back.