Why do the Beckhams insist on promoting their children?

Comments

• m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean when he was two years old, seriously? How strange to be so annoyed by the two year old child of a celebrity, that you remember it eight years later.

it was just the case that bluebelle and angel were getting the most attention and then cruz started trying to breakdance on stage. you can just tell Victoria made him do it, so her and her children could be centre of attention. it's really quite sickening
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Oh god yeah, so down to earth comparing how many million followers you have. I'm sure the "ordinary" person will really relate to that.

They do... just lower numbers.

The Beckhams are refreshingly normal in a lot of ways, their kids seem to have been brought up well and both Victoria and David have come from nothing to become mega successful.

Good for them. :)
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do... just lower numbers.

The Beckhams are refreshingly normal in a lot of ways, their kids seem to have been brought up well and both Victoria and David have come from nothing to become mega successful.

Good for them. :)

Victoria came from a wealthy background
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    It's not necessarily about the kids though. It's more about the parents choices. You'd think with the fame they have and some of the sh*t they've had to put up with, they'd have some common sense and give their kids the chance of a normal life. At least until they're at an age where THEY can decide if they want to be famous or not. But of course that wouldn't work for Brand Beckham.

Do you think the two children who have done modelling work were forced to do it?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    m-river wrote: »
    it was just the case that bluebelle and angel were getting the most attention and then cruz started trying to breakdance on stage. you can just tell Victoria made him do it, so her and her children could be centre of attention. it's really quite sickening

:o Wow. Were you there? Cause if not...
  • knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god yeah, so down to earth comparing how many million followers you have. I'm sure the "ordinary" person will really relate to that.

Actually they will, the amount of times ive seen 'normal' people following bots on Twitter to get themselves more followers. Its not just reserved to celebrities this desire to have as many only friends/followers as possible.

Also, they werent comparing - DB basically 'videobombed' Brooklyn and made him look a little bit silly. Yet Brooklyn still posted the video, I just thought it showed something positive about his character to have done so. But we all interpret things differently, myself if a positive light, and yourself in a negative light, for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    :o Wow. Were you there? Cause if not...

of course i was there, otherwise i wouldn't be saying it. i went with my niece to the 02 and i remember it clearly, the two girl babies were getting all this attention and posh's boys wasn't getting as much spotlight so then Victoria said cruz do your breakdancing. it was like she couldn't stand her two 'ex' friends babies getting the attention, especially that angel she got alot of attention. i mean you didn't catch phoenix throwing fits because she wasn't centre stage, she tried her best to take a backseat most of the time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just googled the breakdancing and it seems he did it at many of the shows rather than just a spare of the moment last ditch attempt to steal attention at one particular show.
    Strangely enough after googling I realised I was also at that o2 show - about ten rows from the front - and I dont remember it happening at all. I know that it did happen, and I remember the kids being on stage vaguely, its just funny how some people hold onto things and it doesnt even register with others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just googled the breakdancing and it seems he did it at many of the shows rather than just a spare of the moment last ditch attempt to steal attention at one particular show.
    Strangely enough after googling I realised I was also at that o2 show - about ten rows from the front - and I dont remember it happening at all. I know that it did happen, and I remember the kids being on stage vaguely, its just funny how some people hold onto things and it doesnt even register with others.

you do know they did more then one show right? you might not have even been at the same night i was. although he did it at many shows it was how she made him show off, because she wanted to boast how incredibly talented her sons were. the show i went to, someone gave angel this little teddy and Victoria looked hacked off, then a few minutes later she told cruz to breakdance again. very annoying!

oh and i also spoke to someone on twitter a few years back and they were helping out at the closing ceremony Olympics, he said that she was pretty dramatic about having to do like 1 quick performance. definitely acts like she's above the rest of them, not expecting her to cling onto that and not move on but seriously she's pretty false
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh and i also spoke to someone on twitter a few years back and they were helping out at the closing ceremony Olympics, he said that she was pretty dramatic about having to do like 1 quick performance. definitely acts like she's above the rest of them, not expecting her to cling onto that and not move on but seriously she's pretty false

I wish you had mentioned the person you spoke to on Twitter earlier, now I know there is such a credible source I take back everything I have said. Horrible family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I assume Romeo was invited to the Burberry show and as he's young he had to have his parents there so they made it a support your sibling thing. They seem normal, well normal by celebrity standards.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    I'd have been dramatic about being swung around an stadium on top of a taxi in thin heels with nothing to hold me on top lol.
  • KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I think it's because the Beckhams have offered nothing valuable to society, except their extreme desire for fame and money at any cost, I very rarely see them promotioning anything else but themselves, and now their kids, who are being shoved into the spotlight for the same vainglorious reason.

They are a not very interesting, intelligent couple who got together, and after Becks cheated on the "love of his live" realised they were better together as a brand/couple.

So the show goes on. Together he always looks like a squinting, smirking wax work dummy, and she never smiles, never. In fact I feel sorry for her she, I don't think she is a happy lady.

Although I did see her trip to an Arfican hospital, (all over the papers) with women and children being treated for serious illness, and I admire her that, it could be all self promotion, but still, she really did well to, go out there and raise awareness of those issues.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I personally have respect for celebrities who treat people well away from publicity shots.

I remember Carol McGiffin tweeting a while back that her boyfriend went to get a pic with David and Victoria tried to shoo Carol's boyfriend away.

I find that more interesting than someone who will act as a Goodwill Ambassador which also happens to promote herself.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I think it's because the Beckhams have offered nothing valuable to society, except their extreme desire for fame and money at any cost, I very rarely see them promotioning anything else but themselves, and now their kids, who are being shoved into the spotlight for the same vainglorious reason.

They are a not very interesting, intelligent couple who got together, and after Becks cheated on the "love of his live" realised they were better together as a brand/couple.

So the show goes on. Together he always looks like a squinting, smirking wax work dummy, and she never smiles, never. In fact I feel sorry for her she, I don't think she is a happy lady.

Although I did see her trip to an Arfican hospital, (all over the papers) with women and children being treated for serious illness, and I admire her that, it could be all self promotion, but still, she really did well to, go out there and raise awareness of those issues.

Exactly!
  • KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I personally have respect for celebrities who treat people well away from publicity shots.

I remember Carol McGiffin tweeting a while back that her boyfriend went to get a pic with David and Victoria tried to shoo Carol's boyfriend away.

I find that more interesting than someone who will act as a Goodwill Ambassador which also happens to promote herself.

Interesting, maybe I was being a bit naive in my thinking that's it all about the photo/ famous people you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish you had mentioned the person you spoke to on Twitter earlier, now I know there is such a credible source I take back everything I have said. Horrible family.

You can say what you think, after seeing how she reacted at the tour with my own eyes, l can definitely go with what this dude told me. Who cares anyway? It's my opinion and i think she's miserable, her family think they're above everyone, David couldn't kick a football and she added nothing to the spice girls
  • SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can say what you think, after seeing how she reacted at the tour with my own eyes, l can definitely go with what this dude told me. Who cares anyway? It's my opinion and i think she's miserable, her family think they're above everyone, David couldn't kick a football and she added nothing to the spice girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axNHsOC5h1k

Nah, couldn't kick one for toffee!
  • MichellerlzMichellerlz Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I'm not a fan of the beckhams they do seem a close happy family, Iv got no problem with them at least they always have their kids with them and do things as a family.
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i think after reading the BIB I will take your anger about the Beckhams with a pinch of salt :D
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Victoria came from a wealthy background

Nowhere near "wealthy".
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with all of this!

Victoria has a always been a miserable bint.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    David couldn't kick a football

lol

What a load of bollocks.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Hilarious how spiteful and delusional some people are around here.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You call that pouting and pointing nothing? Kim Kardashian would call it a hard work :p