James Arthur continues to make a fool of himself on Twitter

Comments

• sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one likes criticism, and IMO he's simply a young, very talented man who hasn't yet learned to be Cliff Richard-like in his abstemiousness of speech.
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    No-one likes criticism, and IMO he's simply a young, very talented man who hasn't yet learned to be Cliff Richard-like in his abstemiousness of speech.

Dubious on the "very talented" part.

But on point, you don't have to be Cliff Richard-like to not swear and say anyone who doesn't like you knows nothing about music.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »

Not sure he will ever be aiming to be the next Cliff - unless he finds god.

I am wondering if all of this aggression is a deliberate Syco ploy to give him image that will appeal to the type of people they hope will buy his music.
  • outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    Not sure he will ever be aiming to be the next Cliff - unless he finds god.

I am wondering if all of this aggression is a deliberate Syco ploy to give him image that will appeal to the type of people they hope will buy his music.
    I have always thought that to be honest ...i dont see any attempts by his management to reign in his tweets ..maybe thats how they want to sell him
    Forum Member
    I have always thought that to be honest ...i dont see any attempts by his management to reign in his tweets ..maybe thats how they want to sell him

The new Example maybe.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They wanted 1D to be a new version of The Beatles and so I assume they want JA to be perceived in the same way as the Rolling Stones, forgetting Richards and Jagger are both highly intelligent individuals with talent (and I am not a Stones fan). If they wanted a new version of The Sex Pistols, well James Arthur is no Johny Rotten. There again Sally Bercow might be an apt model for him to aspire to.
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    They wanted 1D to be a new version of The Beatles and so I assume they want JA to be perceived in the same way as the Rolling Stones, forgetting Richards and Jagger are both highly intelligent individuals with talent (and I am not a Stones fan). If they wanted a new version of The Sex Pistols, well James Arthur is no Johny Rotten. There again Sally Bercow might be an apt model for him to aspire to.

I think they could be aiming at one of the Gallagher brothers in terms of temperament - but I think James is more of a Liam rather than Noel when it comes to intelligence and that isn't a favourable comparison.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like him. He needs a good wash!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I can see why people might think he's being rude but if people were calling you ugly, a flop when your single was doing well and making judgments about your personality, I can see why he's a bit pissed off. Maybe he's guilty of speaking then thinking but in honesty, I think everyone does that. Even on here there's been some unnecessarily cruel comments about his looks and I saw in a few threads; his sister, who I think is about 14? That'd be enough to make even a nun cuss.

At least he's being honest. People were tweeting him asking why he wasn't allowed to do photos, he replied saying it wasn't his fault it was security etc.
    Forum Member
    I can see why people might think he's being rude but if people were calling you ugly, a flop when your single was doing well and making judgments about your personality, I can see why he's a bit pissed off. Maybe he's guilty of speaking then thinking but in honesty, I think everyone does that. Even on here there's been some unnecessarily cruel comments about his looks and I saw in a few threads; his sister, who I think is about 14? That'd be enough to make even a nun cuss.

At least he's being honest. People were tweeting him asking why he wasn't allowed to do photos, he replied saying it wasn't his fault it was security etc.
    You can only be judged by what has come before ..cruel comments on this forum about peoples personality and looks and family background have
    been said many times about x factor winners and losers ..i think there are a lot of contestants who have a right to be pissed off ..JA is not immune or unique in that regard
    I dont mind a bit of honesty i find it quite refreshing..but i am not sure JA is getting it right at the moment IMO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    You can only be judged by what has come before ..cruel comments on this forum about peoples personality and looks and family background have
    been said many times about x factor winners and losers ..i think there are a lot of contestants who have a right to be pissed off ..JA is not immune or unique in that regard
    I dont mind a bit of honesty i find it quite refreshing..but i am not sure JA is getting it right at the moment IMO

I can see what you mean and I agree to a point. No one is immune to critique on their performances but in the same breath; some of the non music based comments have been really really vile (of course no one deserves it; it's not particular to James).

Maybe he isn't thinking when he opens his mouth, not a bad thing, just maybe bite his lip, I'm sure his PA people will keep him right in the future comment times.
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do me a favour he was treated like the 2nd coming on X Factor also with the media only real nastiness aimed at James was on this forum.

He had it lightly compared to what Chris went through during the live shows getting hated from every angle getting sent death threats, yet you and other James fans were happy enough to also stick the boot in.

Now the golden boy is getting the hate from every angle and James fans don't like it well am loving it. :cool:
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I don't follow him, someone in my twitter who liked him when me was on the show commented on what a dick he was being, so I took all of 5 seconds to click and read the tweet in question. Equally, I could ask you why you bother to come into a clearly negative thread if you like him.

And why bring Aiden into this? What does he have to do with anything? :confused:
    Trying to devalue your opinion because you appreciate another artist.. typical from the poster:rolleyes
  • Tram5Tram5 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Don't like him. He needs a good wash![/QUOTE]

And you know that,,,, how exactly?

Why bother posting inane comments? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Tram5 wrote: »
    bornfree wrote: »
    Don't like him. He needs a good wash![/QUOTE]

And you know that,,,, how exactly?

Why bother posting inane comments? :rolleyes:
    Agee its like saying everyone who posts on this forum is smelly:D
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should really shut up. At least he hasn't called anyone a c**t yet. :D
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    *Liya* wrote: »
    There are many rude tweets, attacking him personally...some people lash out and speak their mind on their twitter.

I don't really see what he has done wrong here. I like people who let their feelings out instead of worrying about how they may look to others. Just because he's now famous....doesn't mean that he should take abuse and say nothing back....

So? He's not the only person to get crticism,some have experienced far worse but you don't see them resorting to profanity. With an attitude like this he won't last very long.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    He wasn't responding to anything specific that I could see. It was just a random tweet.

You don't know that. Just because he hasn't quoted anyone doesn't mean he hasn't been receiving hate. That is how twitter works.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    So? He's not the only person to get crticism,some have experienced far worse but you don't see them resorting to profanity. With an attitude like this he won't last very long.

Example gives as much as he gets on twitter.

Personally, I would prefer if he rose above the hate and let his music do the talking. Things are looking good for him, and obviously not everyone will be happy about that. He is definitely a different X Factor winner/contestant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trying to devalue your opinion because you appreciate another artist.. typical from the poster:rolleyes

Targeting posters is against the T&Cs I hope you know that.:rolleyes:
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    James has completely let his nice guy mask slip now. Let's see how his fans try to defend his actions this time round. ;)

He's always seemed like a nasty person to me (from what little I've seen of him). Very repressed and quick to insult / dismiss.

Which is why I utterly ignore him.

Edit: He certainly doesn't radiate any warmth whatsoever...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and on the streets
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I can see the point he's trying to make but he has such a nasty, angry, aggressive, confrontational way of putting things

plus he comes across egotistical, entitled and rude ... he seems as rough as a badger's a*se and not particularly nice
    “The manager stepped in and said he could take the goods and pay for them at a later date.”

^ That doesn't really help in the feeling of entitlement. I wish this zeleb culture would come crashing to a halt. Too many people want something for nothing.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think part of James' problem is that he's started believing his own hype - he received nothing but praise from the judges and now he's out in the 'real world' he's finding out that a lot of people don't rate him and he's not very happy about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and on the streets

^ That doesn't really help in the feeling of entitlement. I wish this zeleb culture would come crashing to a halt. Too many people want something for nothing.

Probably one of the stupidest stories the The Sun/DM have ever come up with. Was the reporter sitting there while his card was rejected?
    The same SUN reported that Coleen Rooney's card was rejected not too long ago. It can happen to anyone, but how on earth would they know all the details?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's Well 'Ard
    James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23
    Come have some ****ing fun tonight at Wonderland in Milton Keynes! Point the biggest sceptic out I'll make em a believer #LOVE!