Nicole has equalled a record set by Dannii & Simon

LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only twice in the history of X Factor has a category made it to week 6 fully in tact- Dannii's over 25's in series 5 and Simon's over 25's in series 6. Both categories lost an act in week 6, so if Nicole can get all of her acts through next week, she'll have made X Factor history.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping. :D Send either one boyband or The Orange Devil home next week, and we're good to go!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii was really lucky in 2008. :p Rachel had been in the bottom two previously in Week 4, and Daniel in Week 3, and Ruth in Week 2 (and on Week 5 itself). :p She got them to Week 6 but then from that point on it was Daniel vs Rachel (with Daniel going), Rachel eliminated and then Ruth all in succession.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Dannii in series 5 was very lucky to keep them until that stage as she had someone in the bottom two every single week from week 2 and then lost her entire category over weeks 6, 7 and 8.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess you could say kelly still had three acts in top 5 last year (week 8) but there were four in each category..
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    I guess you could say kelly still had three acts in top 5 last year (week 8) but there were four in each category..
    Also Amelia was only there because of a twist in the format, and despite Kelly rather than because of her.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Abigail88 wrote: »

I wouldn't seeing as she lost Sophie in week 4 and Amelia was only there because of Frankie leaving.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she could just break the record.

I actually think Rylan was the victim of a bit of a hatchet job really, the Amy Childs link will have put a few people off, making him seem even more in it for the fame rather than for the music/entertainment, plus Gary wasn't totally nasty for once so there was a lack of sympathy. Outwith actual TOWIE viewers, TOWIE is pretty uniformly hated, so linking him to it would have damaged him I think.

Next week Gary should be bitter and nasty again, plus potential sympathy should see him through safely. James and Jahmene are unlikely to a)be at risk or b)be eliminated, unless they were against each other!
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a joke act no less!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Last year on X Factor Australia, Guy Sebastian got all 3 of his boys to Week 8 (Top 5). I don't think that feat will ever be repeated on any X Factor. Mel B lost all of her acts and was out of the competition the previous week (Top 6).
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole is going to be unbearable in the next show, she'll be bragging about how she still has three acts in.

Would love to see an all-boy bottom two so it'll wipe the smirk off her face! James & Rylan, bottom two perhaps?
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes true. But didn't Dannii lose all 3 acts in the next three weeks? Week 6, 7 and 8? With Simon in Series 6, very true. I only liked Olly in that category though.

If Rylan gets the votes next week, Nicole has done something very special!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year on X Factor Australia, Guy Sebastian got all 3 of his boys to Week 8 (Top 5). I don't think that feat will ever be repeated on any X Factor. Mel B lost all of her acts and was out of the competition the previous week (Top 6).
    Yeah, that was impressive and deserving, since his 3 boys were the 3 best of the season. :D Declan should've won though; he was my fave and the most intriguing one.

Btw, lovelove your username. I feel like I've acknowledged this in the past for some reason, but just in case I haven't, Kris Allen is my favorite. :cool: