If you are a Female celeb on SCD your doomed to lose unless....

Comments

• Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where as most of those relishing the result are female, funny that.

Its hilarious LOL

Louis Smiths Showdance was pathetic. How on earth peeps loved that was for the obvious reason. I think Denise did the best showdance and Kim's Tango was amazing.

I wonder how many would moan if a Male Celeb who was attractive competed on the show next year but also had appeared in the west end like Denise. I think not. He would be flat out winner :rolleyes:
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has got to be a joke?

Ricky Whittle (hot nice body, teen soap star) losst to Chris Hollins and had more dance ability in his little finger!

We've had two male winners in a row yes, but before Harry, Kara made it equal male - female winners.

could argue the same that all the men just vote for Ola!

And that wouldn't be true either.

There are swarms of women who fancy Pasha and Artem as well so it's hardly like we're blind to a hot pro partner, so the argument is completely nonsensical.

Currently 60% of winners are men. If we get a female winner next year the percentage of male finalists would be 54% so it's hardly like the men are running away with it!
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mayadewi wrote: »
    Kara won because she was the best dancer.

Yes, but also because she connected with the audience in some way. She was pretty, but un-threatening. 'Ditzy' without seeming hapless, and very girl next door. If she was just a 'good dancer', she wouldn't of necessarily won.

Strictly is a dancing contest, but it's also a personality contest, and the women are scrutinised particularly harshly. You need only to look around this board for proof.

That said, Louis deserved to win. He wasn't my choice, but he peaked tonight. Whilst I don't completely agree with the OP, they have a slight point.
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Kara was a great dancer and way better than Matt. I remember Matt for all the wrong reasons, his terrible cringy show dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Female celebs only have the knicker flash option, unlike males they can't flash their nipples.

Nipples beat knickers all the time.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a lot of opinion being stated as if it's irrefutable fact in this thread.

Most viewers are not qualified to determine who is the best dancer, which is probably why the show never asks us to. You vote for who you want according to whichever criteria you choose i.e. a popularity contest.

I thought it was a great final three.
    I would have been very happy with any of them winning.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Lots of ifs, buts and probabilites in this thread :D

Let`s have an Allstars to sort it out once and for all !!
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    If you remember Matt was fave to win I think.

The judges ripped him apart on the final and he had the lowest score for each dance.

This along with the romance made Kara win.

I am just concerned that next series the "fit" male celeb will win again. :rolleyes:

The year with Lisa Snowdon and Rachel losing over Tom has got to be the biggest disgrace though. Louis was a capable dance but his is no where in Kim or Denise's league.

Tom was entertaining and Rachel was too perfect, too boring. Same with Denise... It is as much about entertainment as it is about dancing and Denise just wasn't interesting to watch.. the same old every week. She was already good to start off with and there was no progression. Kimberley got praised every single week by the judges, no faults in her dancing although there was some obvious ones. She could fall on her face and still get top marks.
  • spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ummm, Jill Halfpenny was up against Denise Lewis, surely?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spider9 wrote: »
    ummm, Jill Halfpenny was up against Denise Lewis, surely?

It was Denise Vs Julian Vs Jill.
  • spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then Julian was eliminated in third place so it was Jill v Denise.
  • catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its hilarious LOL

Louis Smiths Showdance was pathetic. How on earth peeps loved that was for the obvious reason. I think Denise did the best showdance and Kim's Tango was amazing. :

By no stretch of the imagination was Louis' showdance pathetic. His and Denise's were far superior to the other two but his had more dancing in it than Denise's.

Dani's showdance was just plain awful. Everything about it - the steps, the messy lifts and the fact that they just used bits of their song which didn't flow.

Kimberley's showdance was just boring
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Even though the OP's view on this is a bit extreme, I don't know why some people are denying that this is the case. It's pretty irrefutable that men do better in these shows than women on average. Just look at X Factor: Of the 27 contestants who have made the top 3, only 6 of them were soley female. 7 if you count Same Difference who were mixed.

With SCD it is a lot more even (50% I think), but I'm quite confident that if the judge's scores didn't matter, then it would be a lot closer to XF's than it is now.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... I think Denise did the best showdance...

James' showdance, I think Denise was just along for the ride. :D

Louis could have danced without Flavia. Denise would have been spinning around on the floor without James.
  • thepainterthepainter Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    If Louis had danced the same quality as say Nicky. I still think he would have won. Even if he got 8's on the final.

The voters are just voting for him cause he is male and I stick to my statement that if your an attractive female who is clearly an amazing dancer you will not win. Or be very unlikely to win. Unless the male cast is rubbish.

Yes I think thats probably true, I am guessing that a high percentage of the audience/voters are female. That would explain louis winning, despite the fact that the female finalists were both far better dancers.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Only males have the option of taking their top off

Whereas the females flash far more flesh throughout the series :rolleyes: Jeez, this argument is tedious.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Only males have the option of taking their top off

Indeed. Male celebrities and male professional dancers.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    thepainter wrote: »
    Yes I think thats probably true, I am guessing that a high percentage of the audience/voters are female. That would explain louis winning, despite the fact that the female finalists were both far better dancers.

Dani was a better dancer than Louis? Her showdance let her down, in comparison, Louis' showdance was flawless and breathtaking.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your in a romance story (Kara) or up against a totally horrific finalist. Eg Julian, Chris Parker.

Only Alesha I think has managed to win and by then many would have been voting for Matt DiAngelo. (Would have lost if Gethin would have been in final IMO)

Says it all really.

What a patronising, sweeping generalisation.

I've only ever picked up the phone and spent money voting for one person in all 10 series of Strictly, and that was for Kara. And that was because she was the best dancer - when I watch her dance, she moves me emotionally and I thought she deserved to win. Her relationship with Artem didn't enter into it at all.

One of my other favourites from a previous year was Rachel Stevens and I would have liked to see her win too. I always want the best dancer to win - age, appearance, gender or anything else are irrelevant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »
    What a patronising, sweeping generalisation.

I've only ever picked up the phone and spent money voting for one person in all 10 series of Strictly, and that was for Kara. And that was because she was the best dancer - when I watch her dance, she moves me emotionally and I thought she deserved to win. Her relationship with Artem didn't enter into it at all.

One of my other favourites from a previous year was Rachel Stevens and I would have liked to see her win too. I always want the best dancer to win - age, appearance, gender or anything else are irrelevant.

I vote the same way.

However, I am talking about the final result as a whole and I stand by my comments. I am yet to see a series of SCD where a female celeb has won based on a premise she is a great dancer compared to an equally talented male celeb.

Saying its about personality is just an excuse not to want the female celeb not to win IMO.
  • thepainterthepainter Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Dani was a better dancer than Louis? Her showdance let her down, in comparison, Louis' showdance was flawless and breathtaking.

I don't think Dani was a better dancer than Louis and yes her show dance was a let down. As for Louis' showdance, it was a gymnastic display and a boring one at that.
  • sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where as most of those relishing the result are female, funny that.

;););) Nicely put
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of Louis and Flavia's dances will go down as memorable. Denise's Charleston and Jive, Kim and Dani's fusions are the standouts from this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thepainter wrote: »
    I don't think Dani was a better dancer than Louis and yes her show dance was a let down. As for Louis' showdance, it was a gymnastic display and a boring one at that.

Agree,

I said Dani deserved 4th place. I was no way saying Dani should have won over Louis.

Kim and Denise however where much more talented. They just did not win cause they where attractive females. Peeps just "voted for the fit bloke"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of Louis and Flavia's dances will go down as memorable. Denise's Charleston and Jive, Kim and Dani's fusions are the standouts from this series.

Agree.

No doubt though peeps will talk about how amazing Louis Showdance was :rolleyes: