Kym Lomas/Michelle Conor hate?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It really bugs me why this characters receives a lot of negative reception and it's not just on these forums. I think Kym Lomas is a great actress and she is one of my personal favorites on the show.

I think people are confusing the actress with the character, perhaps and that's maybe why she is as well as the character is disliked.

All I'm saying is that I like Michelle Conor but does anybody else like her? :)

Comments

• barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I like her character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her character.

:)

Do you ever find (I sometimes do) that people are quick to say that they hate her but yet fail to explain why.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of the female characters get a negative reception.

Name me female soap character who is universally liked on the forums and on the web as a whole.

I have my own suspicions as to what I think the reasons are, but it will get denied to the hills.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people hate either of them aswell...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Michelle the character, but I've no time for the actress who plays her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this Hear Say?
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her a lot. She's a good actress with a stunning figure. I also like the character Michelle. I can't see why people don't like her.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me she'll always be the girl from Hear'Say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    To me she'll always be the girl from Hear'Say.

I disagree. When I think of Kym Lomas I immediately associate her with Coronation Street and her character Michelle.
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will say why i dont like her. I find her just that little overly sanctemonius. Whenever someone messes up she lets them have it with both barrels but when she does something wrong she never admits it or apologises.

She enjoys her power a little too much at underworld. She lets carla do the hsrd stuff but is always behind with a smug expression and a snide remark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. The woman can't do right for doing wrong. Although from what I've seen, the 'negativity' towards her is mostly on these forums. She's got a big following on twitter for a start. Kym Lomas is a very good, popular and well liked actress / singer and I can't take some of the repetitive comments on here about her seriously, especially when some people are ranting about Michelle (a fictional character) over something that does not or should not even matter.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Absolutely loathe her
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand the character (jumped up so and so) and the actress / singer is even worse than the character the way she portrays herself... and no I don't know her, but she's in charge of her public image and there's little to like from what she puts out there into the public domain.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant stand the character and the actress even less!
  • FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    She's a crap actress and, no doubt, a crap singer. Methinks the casting couch had a lot to do with her fame.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I aint a fan of Kym for the simple reason that i cant stand her weekly coloumn and some of the things she has said in the past are just stupid. Saying that she isnt a bad actress and I find Michelle quite entertaining in the factory with Carla. For all the hate Kym gets on here bloody Cotton gets it 10 times worse.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm folding my arms and rolling my eyes at this thread.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

:D:D Have you got a clipboard in your hand or a mug?
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dislike her character find her bland, dull and uninteresting she a something or nothing character who really has no basis in the soap anymore and should of left ages ago, her and Steve have zero chemistry the only scenes she has now days are in the factory moaning or with Steve and Ryan moaning hardly character development.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    priscilla wrote: »
    :D:D Have you got a clipboard in your hand or a mug?

And are you flicking your hair?!

Michelle is an over-rated character. The baby-swap SL was stupid and she didn't have the acting ability to cope. She's been a back-grouind character since, always hanging off Carla's shirt-tails. Now she's had more experience on Corrie it could be the time to give her another chance at a big SL.

Kym Lomas is a different issue. If she lives her life in the public eye, then don't be surprised if she gets some criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am making no comment on Kym Marsh.

I dislike the character Michelle for lots of reasons.

She hangs off Carla's coat tails way too much.
    She works better as a back ground character, if at all.
    She feels to me like one of the many pointless Corrie characters.
    I don't like her snarky attitude, as someone said earlier she is very quick to criticise and slow to apologise.
    I think she has outlived her usefullness as a character.

There are lots of female Corrie characters I do like, such as Leanne, Tina (pre surrogacy story line) Beth, Kylie, loved Becky when she was here, Hayley, Sinead has potential, Katy (until the Ryan/Chesney stuff) and I really liked Sian when she was there too. I think Sylvia is brilliant,

Michelle, Fizz, Tracey, Carla, Izzy and Maria, Eileen, Stella, Sawphie and Gloria are not my favourites.
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    She's calmed down a LOT since she first entered the street. All that shouting really got on my nerves to the point where I stopped watching for a while. :o She'll never be one of my faves but, I can now tolerate her. In saying that every time I see her giving motherly advice to Ryan I can't help thinking about her "real" son who she was prepared to dump Ryan for.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a lot of the female characters get a negative reception.

Name me female soap character who is universally liked on the forums and on the web as a whole.

I have my own suspicions as to what I think the reasons are, but it will get denied to the hills.

Hahaha me too.

I don't dislike her btw, I think she's beautiful ;)