Options

Celebrities for 2013?

Comments

• Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Oh Christ he won't know where to start, will he?!

If she's in she's our token pop diva crossed off the list.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, Sophie El... ello... el mundo... ellis becky... beck... bic-a-brac... Bextor and her partner, Alj... al jazeera, no, no, althatjaz.... no, Aljaz Ska... sko... scarface.... ah, f*ck it"

I'm suddenly looking forward to this series a lot more.

LOL.....:D:D
    Indeed....looking forward to the series.. :D:D
    Getting more excited everyday....6 more days to pro rehearsals... sure we will start getting more once rehearsals start... can't wait...:eek:

ETA.... its Wednesday now.... so 5 more days left...:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, the current line-up of celebs could be looking like-

Fiona Fullerton- Actress
    Teri Hatcher- Hollywood Actress (take that Fiona)
    Sophie Ellis Bextor- Pop Singer/ Spawn of Janet
    Abbey Clancy- Model

Tony Jacklin- Golfer
    Dave Myers- Hairy Biker/ Tin-Opener in Chief

Can't help but think the gals and gays are going to need a few eye candies to keep up with the relatively attractive female line-up!

Operation female SCD 2013 winner !!! :D:D
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Operation female SCD 2013 winner !!! :D:D

We'll know there's something amiss if the next two males rumoured are Stephen Hawking and Eric Pickles.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    We'll know there's something amiss if the next two males rumoured are Stephen Hawking and Eric Pickles.

Somewhere on the fifth floor of the Mail Online offices, a journalist (a word which I use lightly) is currently hastily re-writing all of their remaining Strictly articles...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Somewhere on the fifth floor of the Mail Online offices, a journalist (a word which I use lightly) is currently hastily re-writing all of their remaining Strictly articles...

LOL.... likely true... ;)... all thanks to 21CB for doing their jobs for them.... :p:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh God don't give them ideas!
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Oh God don't give them ideas!

"Zimmer frames at the ready, it's the return of Strictly Come Dancing!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Zimmer frames at the ready, it's the return of Strictly Come Dancing!"

Don't look at me... you mentioned it... :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hNIczg5Mqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_hGE6XQq18
  • Options
    spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor is lovely, am really pleased about this one.
  • Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    What about Danny o'Donoghue?? He just left TV. TV starts much earlier next year so the auditions will need to be filmed in the autumn... :cool:

EDIT: Nope, he's recording with The Script
  • Options
    SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spider9 wrote: »
    Sophie Ellis-Bextor is lovely, am really pleased about this one.

Me too, and out of everyone rumoured so far I think she is the one I'll support. I'd like her with anyone bar Anton/James
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've loved her ever since the Groovejet song back in 2000!

Great name.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a female line up in my head, but the lack of male names is really quite irksome...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think every time a rumour comes up, I check their Twitter for who they're following!

Still quite early and not much - Sophie recently followed Harry Judd, but that's the closest Strictly connection I've made.
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWRD85 wrote: »
    Me too, and out of everyone rumoured so far I think she is the one I'll support. I'd like her with anyone bar Anton/James

The problem is as mentioned before there are quite a few rumoured female celebs who are 5ft 9 or over. Sophie and Abbie are 5ft 9. Rebecca Adlington is over 5ft 9 - although I know there's been some doubt cast over her rumour now. So if the producers are taking height into consideration in the pairings - a 5ft 9 or over female celeb would only really match well height wise with Anton, James, Aljaz and Brendan. They might end up doing a few mismatches like they did last year. Personally I hope they give her to either Brendan or Aljaz.

I'm pleased about Sophie by the way although I am surprised she's doing it as I wouldn't have thought that Strictly is her cup of tea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, the current line-up of celebs could be looking like-

Fiona Fullerton- Actress
    Teri Hatcher- Hollywood Actress (take that Fiona)
    Sophie Ellis Bextor- Pop Singer/ Spawn of Janet
    Abbey Clancy- Model

Tony Jacklin- Golfer
    Dave Myers- Hairy Biker/ Tin-Opener in Chief

Can't help but think the gals and gays are going to need a few eye candies to keep up with the relatively attractive female line-up!

I reckon it could be something like:

Fiona & Robin/Anton (they may give him someone a bit better now Erin's left!)
    Teri & Pasha
    Sophie & Brendan
    Abbey & James

Tony & New Pro (Janette or Emma would work, I guess)
    Dave & Kristina
  • Options
    SWRD85SWRD85 Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    The problem is as mentioned before there are quite a few rumoured female celebs who are 5ft 9 or over. Sophie and Abbie are 5ft 9. Rebecca Adlington is over 5ft 9 - although I know there's been some doubt cast over her rumour now. So if the producers are taking height into consideration in the pairings - a 5ft 9 or over female celeb would only really match well height wise with Anton, James, Aljaz and Brendan. They might end up doing a few mismatches like they did last year. Personally I hope they give her to either Brendan or Aljaz.

I'm pleased about Sophie by the way although I am surprised she's doing it as I wouldn't have thought that Strictly is her cup of tea.

That's the only issue but I like your style of thinking too, as I think she could do very well with Brendan - they would look good together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've read the full Sun article.

It says Dave, Sophie and Abbey are all confirmed, but categorically says "other names including Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher and Olympic hero Rebecca Adlington are NOT in the running".

So we're back to square one! If Teri's not in, the BBC'll want an international star, but may have to go for somebody like Lynda Carter- a very famous actor, but with a slightly more forgiving schedule.

Rebecca's non-inclusion makes me think they've got a high profile Olympian already.

EDIT-

Does Sophie give anyone else Jodie Kidd vibes? She might struggle at the start but gradually start to produce some really good ballroom?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read the full Sun article.

It says Dave, Sophie and Abbey are all confirmed, but categorically says "other names including Desperate Housewives star Teri Hatcher and Olympic hero Rebecca Adlington are NOT in the running".

So we're back to square one! If Teri's not in, the BBC'll want an international star, but may have to go for somebody like Lynda Carter- a very famous actor, but with a slightly more forgiving schedule.

Rebecca's non-inclusion makes me think they've got a high profile Olympian already.

EDIT-

Does Sophie give anyone else Jodie Kidd vibes? She might struggle at the start but gradually start to produce some really good ballroom?

Gutted that Teri's not in. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ugh what a disappointment...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Terri could have been a good signing but it was always going to be a tall order trying to someone like her on the show.

I personally didn't get the excitement and adulation over her :cool:
  • Options
    Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Rebecca is not in it was are very low on sporty clebs so we need to cast the rador on retireing sportsbods
    Not sure what makes a high profile olympian, a few pages back Beth Twaddle was not thought of as "high" made me wonder how famous you could get in sporting circles. I guess the track and field events get the most coverage
  • Options
    Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we now have no foreign cleb
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am disappointed if it's true about Rebecca's non inclusion though. I'm not a swimming fan by any means but she's acheived a lot in her career and done so much for the sport and I always got the impression that it was one of her dreams to appear on Strictly. Shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Rebecca is not in it was are very low on sporty clebs so we need to cast the rador on retireing sportsbods
    Not sure what makes a high profile olympian, a few pages back Beth Twaddle was not thought of as "high" made me wonder how famous you could get in sporting circles. I guess the track and field events get the most coverage

Well what about Tony Jacklin. And Michael Owen had been rumoured. But yes I think its likely we will get another Olympian this year.
This discussion has been closed.