Options

Flash vote axed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »
    Were they just using flash vote to get who they wanted out?
    Hopefully the flash vote is going it seems pretty pointless.

I'm pretty sure that the purpose of the flash vote was to encourage viewers to watch live. If they are competing with Strictly (which only provides a short time to vote as well) then the logical approach without the flash vote would be to watch Strictly and record X-Factor but now you'd have to watch X-Factor and record Strictly if you want any chance of influencing the result.

I guess catch-up ends up in the ratings eventually but the inital ratings figure will just be the ones who watch it live so the more people watching live the better. They can probably charge more for adverts shown at the time if people are watching live because, watching it time-lapsed just means the adverts get skipped over.
  • Options
    Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    God, I really hope they get rid of the flash vote. The Sunday night show has lost a lot of tension for me when I already know one of the bottom two beforehand.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the Flash vote for me is the judges already knowing that if the act who came bottom with the Flash vote gets 2 votes then that act automatically goes home. This could lead to tactical voting. Also there is no tension for the audience and viewers at home.

At least with the old format of deadlock the judges had no way of knowing who had the lowest votes until Dermot announced it. I know there are people on here who were convinced that the judges (or at least Simon when he was still judge) knew who polled the lowest anyway but at least for the contestants, studio audience and viewers at home it was the not knowing and the tension from this that made it exciting.