Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have'nt listened to any of TS commentary - so not quite 'Every goal, every day, every game' for me...

That's what Terrestrial TV is for!!

But I was listening yesterday morning, and in an hour they must have played a montage of basically EVERY match/goal they have covered to date at least twice!

TS comes across as a very insecure station to me. Yes I believe you when you say you will be covering every game of the WC!!!
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,065
    Forum Member
    I must admit, at first, I didn't think they would, but after Roy announced his squad, I got caught up in the hyperbole & thought they'd get through.

I thought we might get a couple of draws and a win (we still might ofcourse) but cannot say I had great confidence.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    That's a strange one that one because yesterday I definitely heard Quinn say when he was on the Weekend Sports Breakfast Show alongside Danny Kelly that although he loves Steven Gerrard he now hopes he comes out publicly and announces he is going to retire from international football after this world cup.
    I'm not doubting for a second what you say it will be Quinny as usual being a berk. :p

According to Quinny, he didn't have Gerrard, then changed his mind.

I suspect TS are after getting Gerrard in the studio after the World Cup, so the management have told the crew to go easy.
  • Options
    fudbeerfudbeer Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have'nt listened to any of TS commentary - so not quite 'Every goal, every day, every game' for me...

But I was listening yesterday morning, and in an hour they must have played a montage of basically EVERY match/goal they have covered to date at least twice!

TS comes across as a very insecure station to me. Yes I believe you when you say you will be covering every game of the WC!!!

And I would be interested to know how many people will tune in for matches like Korea v Algeria especially now England are out so soon which in itself I would imagine is pretty much a disaster for their ratings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fudbeer wrote: »
    And I would be interested to know how many people will tune in for matches like Korea v Algeria especially now England are out so soon which in itself I would imagine is pretty much a disaster for their ratings.

If you notice they keep bringing England up at every opportunity. No doubt Boozy will soon start talking about the start of the "prem" once again.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No doubt Boozy will soon start talking about the start of the "prem" once again.

dont talk schect, purple napper will be only talking about OUR BHOY, Murray the nxt 2 weeks .......... wake up & smell the coffee .......... Rod !! :p
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are the most insecure radio station I have ever heard it's as if they know they're poor and feel they have to over empathise everything about themselves to make them sound better. The idea of a national commercial sports station to rival the BBC monopoly on national radio sport was/is a great idea but they do so many things wrongly, too many ex sportsmen in the presenter lineup for a start, good ex players does not necessarily mean they'll make good presenters and employing ex players from one sport covering a completely different sport is completely utterly crazy, can anyone come up with one single success where it's happened?. (good luck to anyone with that one)
    Then there's the constant self-promotion it really drives you mad, listeners have brains they know what radio channel they're tuned to and don't need reminding every 10 seconds and if their excuse for it is it's for the new listeners switching on for the first time let me give THEM a big clue right here now, ... if you switch your radio on all you new people and hear terrible sounding inane commercials playing [highlight][and you will][/highlight] then that means you've tuned to Talksport Radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont talk schect, purple napper will be only talking about OUR BHOY, Murray the nxt 2 weeks .......... wake up & smell the coffee .......... Rod !! :p

Just been going through the TV listings for Tuesday night Sleeper thankfully found some caber tossing to watch through my large dish on the roof on one of the minor channels on Scottish TV so at least I'll have some competitive sport to watch tomorrow night I'll be shouting "Come on you tossers" as those big hairy Scotsmen throw those giant logs.
    I guess the brave souls who can stomach to watch our third match will pretty much be shouting the same at their screens.
  • Options
    blancoelectra97blancoelectra97 Posts: 3,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'EVERY GAME LIVE' Well 2 games kick off at 5pm and 2 games at 9pm tonight so good luck with that!
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'EVERY GAME LIVE' Well 2 games kick off at 5pm and 2 games at 9pm tonight so good luck with that!

Regarding their simultaneous games during the final round of group matches from the World Cup, one match from each group will be broadcast on talkSPORT's AM, DAB, digital TV and main online platforms whereas the other will be broadcast through an separate audio feed available on talkSPORT.co.uk. I imagine reports and commentary excerpts from the online-only commentary will be played into their main output. They did the same thing during the 2010 World Cup, 2011 Rugby World Cup and Euro 2012.

According to the talkSPORT.co.uk schedule, the following matches will be the featured commentaries on their main platforms from the final round of group games:

Group A - Cameroon v Brazil
    Group B - Netherlands v Chile
    Group C - Greece v Ivory Coast
    Group D - Costa Rica v England
    Group E - Ecuador v France
    Group F - Nigeria v Argentina
    Group G - USA v Germany
    Group H - Korea Republic v Belgium
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to bed early last night, but I couldn't sleep, so switched on for the end of the US-Port match. It was very odd they seemed totally surprised by the goal, and were talking amongst themselves, no build-up. Strange, maybe it was just me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it you are referring to Silvestre Varela's last-gasp equaliser here? I listened to talkSPORT's commentary last night (I watched the game but muted BBC One's commentary as Mark Lawrenson gets on my nerves) and Alan Parry - who talkSPORT are loaning from Sky Sports during the World Cup, with him having been their lead commentator around the turn of the millennium - was summing the match up as stoppage time was coming to its conclusion just before Ronaldo swung in that cross.

Parry's Sky Sports colleague Kevin Keatings was giving a similar summing up just before Varela's goal for the international feed (which I heard earlier on the ITV.com edit), not sure what Simon Brotherton's call on BBC One was like. The goal literally came in stoppage time of stoppage time, the additional five minutes had elapsed, such a cruel moment for the USA but a fantastic, tournament-saving one for Portugal.

I've enjoyed Alan Parry's work for talkSPORT during the World Cup, hopefully once his commentary commitments are over we'll hear him back on the station again a bit sooner than the decade-long period it's been since we last heard him prior to this month!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we'll hear him back on the station again a bit sooner than the decade-long period it's been since we last heard him prior to this month!

On a slightly different note, was that "Big Ron" I heard on the beeb on saturday night ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't hear any of the breakfast show today was decorating my daughter's small bedroom ready for the new little 'un in September who was Alan Brazil backing today of the England setup?. Before our early elimination he was shouting to lay off England and said only if or when they've let us down badly then we can all start criticising the manager or the players.
    So we get knocked out in 180 minutes of football having played absolutely atrocious in the second game resulting in the entire country being let down and Brazil was still backing the manager and players the day after. :confused:
    How bad have England to get to get Alan Brazil to grow some b@lls for once and start laying it on the line about England just like Gary Lineker has who is doing roughly the same type of job for a living but of course much much much better?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary Lineker has who is doing roughly the same type of job for a living but of course much much much better?.

Aye Billy, hes doing such a fine job, thats why 'Alan Hansen' is leaving & is coming to talkSPORT, to be Big Als new wing man in august ..........they should rename the station to .............JockSPORT !!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Didn't hear any of the breakfast show today was decorating my daughter's small bedroom ready for the new little 'un in September who was Alan Brazil backing today of the England setup?. Before our early elimination he was shouting to lay off England and said only if or when they've let us down badly then we can all start criticising the manager or the players.
    So we get knocked out in 180 minutes of football having played absolutely atrocious in the second game resulting in the entire country being let down and Brazil was still backing the manager and players the day after. :confused:
    How bad have England to get to get Alan Brazil to grow some b@lls for once and start laying it on the line about England just like Gary Lineker has who is doing roughly the same type of job for a living but of course much much much better?.

if it was a forgein mananger they would be shouting for his head,thought station couldnt get any worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Billy, hes doing such a fine job, thats why 'Alan Hansen' is leaving & is coming to talkSPORT, to be Big Als new wing man in august ..........they should rename the station to .............JockSPORT !!! :D

With big respect Sleep there are so many holes in what you say I am completely lost.
    For one I didn't know Hansen was leaving the BBC, for second if he is it'll be nothing to do with Lineker unless they've really fallen out badly and I've not heard they have and thirdly what do you mean by he'll be Alan Brazil's new wingman is he joining talkSPORT to become the regular co-host of the breakfast show?.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't know that Sleeps, are you having a laugh? Would not have thought TS could afford him, when he did MOTD he insisted on a taxi home, thing was his home was 200 miles away in the North-West of England:D Let's hope Big Al's expenses budget doesn't have to go the way of all things to fund a cab service for Alan H:D
  • Options
    SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For one I didn't know Hansen was leaving the BBC, for second if he is it'll be nothing to do with Lineker unless they've really fallen out badly and I've not heard they have and thirdly what do you mean by he'll be Alan Brazil's new wingman is he joining talkSPORT to become the regular co-host of the breakfast show?.

Alan Hansen is retiring from MOTD after the World Cup:

.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23968628
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a slightly different note, was that "Big Ron" I heard on the beeb on saturday night ?

I've no idea I'm afraid. Not sure which programme you are talking about here.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,065
    Forum Member
    After tomorrow will there be no talk about England on either Talksport or 5live...
    Unlikely I feel but I hope they do concentrate on what has been an excellent World Cup generally.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    After tomorrow will there be no talk about England on either Talksport or 5live...
    Unlikely I feel but I hope they do concentrate on what has been an excellent World Cup generally.

I don't think we've analysed it enough, let's get Joe Royle/ Ray Wilkins/ Matt Le Tissier/ Micky Quinn on to tell us nothing new, about Roy being a nice bloke, about the other teams being average and no player would get in our team.

H and J seem to be the only ones accepting what's happened and making the most of a bad situation, the rest seem to spiral into false anger or snide remarks.

Heads gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe19 wrote: »
    I don't think we've analysed it enough, let's get Joe Royle/ Ray Wilkins/ Matt Le Tissier/ Micky Quinn on to tell us nothing new, about Roy being a nice bloke, about the other teams being average and no player would get in our team.

H and J seem to be the only ones accepting what's happened and making the most of a bad situation, the rest seem to spiral into false anger or snide remarks.

Heads gone.

Spot on. Unfortunately Talkbollocks won't shut up about it, they've got plenty more crap to pump out.
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on. Unfortunately Talkbollocks won't shut up about it, they've got plenty more crap to pump out.

Here we go...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've no idea I'm afraid. Not sure which programme you are talking about here.

Diff, MOTD Am sure it was big ron I heard on it .......it was the Germany 2 Ghana 2 game
This discussion has been closed.