Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondering how Melissa and Joey's pilot did yesterday.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Yes. That's still a good rating for Channel 5. Probably ahead of BBC2.

BBC2 had a ratings disaster at 9pm, with just 500,000 tuning in for Children of Syria (not made for audience figs, but for public service reasons, obviously).

C4 had 2m, (2.2m with +1) for Royal Marine Commandos.

C4 also did well with Disaptches: Supermarket Wars earlier - 1.4m, with 1.6m on +1. (not made for public service reasons, but for audience figs, obviously).
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    BBC2 had a ratings disaster at 9pm, with just 500,000 tuning in for Children of Syria (not made for audience figs, but for public service reasons, obviously).

C4 also did well with Disaptches: Supermarket Wars earlier - 1.4m, with 1.6m on +1. (not made for public service reasons, but for audience figs, obviously).

Children Of Syria was a programme more people should have seen. Knew it wouldn't have done well with the other factual options last night. Channel 4 is doing very well with factual. BBC2 haven't had a breakthrough factual hit this year that holds onto its ratings.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »

How did BB do with +1? I think it would be fairly low.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coronation Street - 6.44m (33.2%)
    Coronation Street - 6.45m (30.2%)
    Emmerdale - 5.29m (30.2%)
    Eastenders - 4.76m (23.4%)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a587124/coronation-street-nicks-anger-seen-by-65m-in-monday-ratings.html
  • Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got the daytime ratings for the Commonwealth Games yesterday ? ( up to 7.0pm )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a587124/coronation-street-nicks-anger-seen-by-65m-in-monday-ratings.html

That's a good rating for EastEnders on BBC2. But look at Corrie and Emmerdale opposite The Commonwealth Games. They're still posting regular Summer ratings. If EastEnders cwas on BBC1 it would have been over 5m.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    I think that "EastEnders" could go even higher this evening. I agree that it probably would have beaten "Emmerdale" in BBC one. A shame they moved it during good scenes

Despite the social media boost Tulisa documentary stayed in BBC Three average ratings range. There was alot of coverage perhaps telling the BBC that they were right to stick this type of low budget documentary online from next year. I doubt anyone will miss this ground breaking stuff.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good rating for EastEnders on BBC2. But look at Corrie and Emmerdale opposite The Commonwealth Games. They're still posting regular Summer ratings. If EastEnders cwas on BBC1 it would have been over 5m.
    Yes, the quarter of a million who can't find the "2" button.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

EE did very well on BBC Two. I never expected it to be that high, I thought in the lower 4ms. Hopefully it should hold up well tonight with last night's duff duff and moving to 8pm to avoid the Emmerdale clash.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa Contostavlos's BBC Three documentary attracted over 600,000 viewers on Monday, overnight data reveals.

Tulisa: The Price of Fame was seen by an average of 615k (3.8%) at 10pm.

BBC One's Commonwealth Games coverage topped the ratings overall with 4.12 million (20.4%) at 7pm.

On BBC Two, University Challenge quizzed 1.71m (8.8%) at 7.30pm, while Food and Drink gathered 1.18m (5.6%) at 8.30pm. Children of Syria was seen by 536k (2.5%) at 9pm.

ITV's Countrywise appealed to 2.56m (12.6%) at 8pm (134k/0.6% on +1), followed by Long Lost Family with 4.04m (18.8%) at 9pm (297k/1.8%).

On Channel 4, Royal Marines Commando School attracted 1.97m (9.2%) at 9pm (281k/1.7%). Kitchen Nightmares entertained 616k (3.8%) at 10pm (164k/1.8%).

Channel 5's Police Interceptors interested 736k (3.5%) at 8pm. Blinging Up Baby fascinated 1.11m (5.2%) at 9pm (103k/0.6%), and Big Brother continued with 1.17m (7.3%) at 10pm.

On E4, The 100 topped the multichannels with 829k (3.9%) at 9pm (176k/1.1%).

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a587145/tulisa-contostavlos-documentary-attracts-over-600k-on-bbc-three.html#~oLoVYVe17xV5Jv#ixzz38qpZofZC
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When someone on here calculates the EE averages for the year, are the "EE on BBC2" figures excluded from the calculation? I think they should be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Yes, the quarter of a million who can't find the "2" button.

The same programme will post a lower rating on BBC2. It's usually the case.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

EE would have hit 30% share and been over 5.5m. Still astonishes me that people wont watch programs on the minor channels.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    EE would have hit 30% share and been over 5.5m. Still astonishes me that people wont watch programs on the minor channels.

Some won't watch the programmes when they move from BBC1.

Look at Corrie's shares. Very poor. EE did well enough on BBC2, but once viewers found where it was they watched it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »

It's the oddest thing.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Village starts on Sunday 10th August according to soaplife magazine. and the next week section of TV Times for week of 9-15 August, also according to TT a comedy called Boomers don't know which channel. TV Times thinks The Village is grimmer than ever.

According to Radio Times the BBC has been a bit less popular in the last 12 months, except for DW and Sherlock AI's are down across thre board, Danny Cohen thinks it down to budget cuts and lack of Olympics.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the oddest thing.

One lady who's a regular customer was telling me yesterday that "The Sport thing on BBC1 was being shown because EE is in a period of "nothing much happening"". She was convinced that because EE was on BBC2 it meant she didn't need to watch it because there was nothing worth while in it. Otherwise she proclaimed, "what's the point of having it on BBC2?"

I'm fully aware that she's barmy, but how many other viewers may think that a shift to BBC2 means that the storylines are not worth worrying about? Her opinion is that all the "big" stuff is on BBC1 so when a "big" thing goes to BBC2 then in her mind, it isn't as big! Aren't people strange? But could be one small reason why a few people won't watch. Nothing to do with not being able to turn over but more about the perception of the importance of shows and the channel's they're usually on.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone on here calculates the EE averages for the year, are the "EE on BBC2" figures excluded from the calculation? I think they should be.

Why not have both? It doesn't really make a big difference to the averages when you take it over the entire year, but it does make a noticeable difference to the monthly averages, as you can see below. All ratings overnights:

Eastenders year-to-date average - 6.56m (31.0%)
    Eastenders year-to-date average W/O BBC2 - 6.62m (31.2%)

Average for same period in 2013 - 7.00m (31.8%)
    Full year 2013 average - 6.88m (31.5%)

2014 monthly
    Jan - 7.33m (31.8%)
    Feb - 7.26m (31.8%)
    Mar - 6.86m (31.4%)
    Apr - 6.97m (33.3%)
    May - 6.52m (31.9%)
    Jun - 5.45m (28.1%)
    Jul - 5.25m (28.2%)
    * W/O BBC2 - 5.50m (29.4%)

2013 monthly
    Jan - 8.33m (34.2%)
    Feb - 7.51m (31.8%)
    Mar - 7.40m (31.5%)
    Apr - 7.08m (31.9%)
    May - 6.23m (29.8%)
    Jun - 6.50m (32.3%)
    Jul - 5.94m (31.2%)
    Aug - 6.20m (31.5%)
    Sep - 6.72m (31.8%)
    Oct - 6.50m (29.8%)
    Nov - 7.45m (33.0%)
    Dec - 6.84m (30.0%)

EE Iplayer averages

Will do an Eastenders update at the end of the month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    The Village starts on Sunday 10th August according to soaplife magazine. and the next week section of TV Times for week of 9-15 August, also according to TT a comedy called Boomers don't know which channel. TV Times thinks The Village is grimmer than ever.

According to Radio Times the BBC has been a bit less popular in the last 12 months, except for DW and Sherlock AI's are down across thre board, Danny Cohen thinks it down to budget cuts and lack of Olympics.

Boomers is a brand new BBC1 sitcom.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/boomers/

It seems on paper, to have a great cast, a good synopsis and unusually for modern sitcoms, potential! Fingers crossed it proves to be successful. In theory it should do well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    One lady who's a regular customer was telling me yesterday that "The Sport thing on BBC1 was being shown because EE is in a period of "nothing much happening"". She was convinced that because EE was on BBC2 it meant she didn't need to watch it because there was nothing worth while in it. Otherwise she proclaimed, "what's the point of having it on BBC2?"

I'm fully aware that she's barmy, but how many other viewers may think that a shift to BBC2 means that the storylines are not worth worrying about? Her opinion is that all the "big" stuff is on BBC1 so when a "big" thing goes to BBC2 then in her mind, it isn't as big! Aren't people strange? But could be one small reason why a few people won't watch. Nothing to do with not being able to turn over but more about the perception of the importance of shows and the channel's they're usually on.

Which says much for their level of understanding/expectation, and in some cases no doubt, intelligence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boomers is a brand new BBC1 sitcom.

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/boomers/

It seems on paper, to have a great cast, a good synopsis and unusually for modern sitcoms, potential! Fingers crossed it proves to be successful. In theory it should do well.
    A good (or at least, an interesting) line-up

It will be good to see Paula Wilcox back on out screens in a comedy.

And no laughter track, which has to be a good thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Which says much for their level of understanding/expectation, and in some cases no doubt, intelligence.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the same lady also mentioned that the Bake Off had become "big" because it was going to be on BBC1. So in her mind a show that goes to BBC1 from BBC2 is big, and a show going the other way means it is not as big. I can see her logic. She is elderly by the way, so her mindset is likely to be different.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    kwynne42 wrote: »

Boomers is Grey Mates' new title, so it'll be BBC One. Have to say I preferred Grey Mates, although neither are great.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fascinating captain!

I'm not sure she's barmy though, seems that many people feel this why about BBC1.

When I say "many people" I mean the core BBC1 viewers who watch day-in day-out in preference to any other channel.
This discussion has been closed.