Unable to watch, Believe in On Demand Showcase?

toeknee77toeknee77 Posts: 23
Forum Member
I tried to view the movie, Believe which is in Sky On Demand Showcase. I couldn't view the film at all?

Has anyone else had a problem watching the movie. I have no problem watching any other movie in Showcase?

Comments

• Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    A bit more information would help.
    What actually happens when you try to watch it?
    :)
  • hessy2hessy2 Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching it fine here tonight. No problem.
  • toeknee77toeknee77 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    My sky box freezes Dave H when I select the movie. I get no picture. It is as if the recording is corrupted. If I press backup it takes a few minutes for my sky box to work normally again as if it is refreshing or rebooting itself?
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hit the record button, delete it from the planner, then permanently delete it from the deleted section, then it should be able to download it on demand, wait for it to download again in showcase assuming sky broadcast it again that way or keep an eye on the listings for sky premier.
    Forum Member
    Ragnarok wrote: »
    Hit the record button, delete it from the planner, then permanently delete it from the deleted section, then it should be able to download it on demand, wait for it to download again in showcase assuming sky broadcast it again that way or keep an eye on the listings for sky premier.
    Why the record button, or did you mean the play button?
    :confused:
    Yes, it does sound like a corrupted download.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Why the record button, or did you mean the play button?
    :confused:
    Yes, it does sound like a corrupted download.

Record button moves it to the planner allowing you to delete and permanently delete the showcase recording so you can download a fresh copy of On Demand
  • toeknee77toeknee77 Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure it is a corrupted download to my Movies On Demand Showcase. It shows it downloaded 2.9Gb but my box freezes when I press select.

At least it is just an isolated case just to my box from reading the replies

I recorded the movie tonight from Sky Premier to my Planner instead which worked OK. I'm glad I finally watched the film, it was very good.

Thanks for all your help and advice everyone.:)
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    Record button moves it to the planner allowing you to delete and permanently delete the showcase recording so you can download a fresh copy of On Demand
    Ah yes, of course!
    Sorry for my confusion.........
    Senior moment!
    :blush: