is Pav being victimised because of his race and religion?

iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are the housemates victimising and bullying Pav because he comes from a differfent religious and ethnic background than they do? I strongly suspect t his is the case.There's a lot lot of racism and bigotry going on in the big brother house !

Comments

• QueenPixieQueenPixie Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well... he situation reminded me of Deana on BB 2012... so...
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And your evidence for this is?
  • moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he brings nothing to the house, he's boring, get him out,
  • iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    And your evidence for this is?

My evidence is my tv set. isn't it obvious what a bunch of racist ***** they all are?
  • Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think that.

I think the main reason he is being treated rather shabbily IMO, is because
    A. He came into the house 5 weeks in
    B. Because of what he said on his VT
    C. Because of what Bianca, Danielle and Matthew said about him.
  • JohnShaftJohnShaft Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    moag wrote: »
    No, he brings nothing to the house, he's boring, get him out,

Pav may be boring to some, but the HMs reaction to nothing more than his presence in the house is very interesting. IMO

I can't see what he has done wrong. :confused:
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he just came in to the show to late as Chris said he wished he had come in the show at the start and would love to meet home after the show for a drink if bb had put them in in week two all this could have been avoided
  • ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    QueenPixie wrote: »
    Well... he situation reminded me of Deana on BB 2012... so...

Deana agrees

Official Deana Uppal @Deanauppal · 2h
    Watching #pavbb in #bbuk is bringing back memories of my first month in the house.. Hmmmmm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My evidence is my tv set. isn't it obvious what a bunch of racist ***** they all are?

We don't have 24/7feed any more so no one can be sure what has been happening we get only what thy want us to see so not a great idea to judge everything on what you see on the tv
  • Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen evidence at all that the HM's are racist. I think some factual evidence is required before that allegation is thrown about.
    The crowd reaction on Friday is another matte.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultros wrote: »
    Deana agrees

Official Deana Uppal @Deanauppal · 2h
    Watching #pavbb in #bbuk is bringing back memories of my first month in the house.. Hmmmmm

And I loved her in the house but once again she had it far worse I do think that pav has just gone into the house to late and there is nothing sinister about it it won't change the out come on Friday or the general publics opinion I am sure thy will make a far choose
  • JohnShaftJohnShaft Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    ruffle wrote: »
    No he just came in to the show to late as Chris said he wished he had come in the show at the start and would love to meet home after the show for a drink if bb had put them in in week two all this could have been avoided

Perhaps Chris didn't factor newbies into his game plan, and is now pissed off.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Truth is, we have no way of knowing.
    Most people wouldn't want to be thought of or called racist, so even asking the housemates might not net true answers.
    Could be racism and/or intolerance to race or religion, we just don't know.

This, of course, won't stop people here saying that it has absolutely nothing to with race and throwing in the overused term, "playing the race card" for good measure.
  • Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    I haven't seen evidence at all that the HM's are racist. I think some factual evidence is required before that allegation is thrown about.
    The crowd reaction on Friday is another matte.

As much as I disagree with the OP you're not going to find factual evidence of racism in most situations outside of a Klan rally. It's like finding factual evidence of someone being jealous of someone. Unless they actually say that they are you can only really infer it not prove. It's not a court of law it's a court of opinion and opinions don't always come with fingerprints and a murder weapon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    There is underlying racism or intolerance of some sort as Zoe hasn't received the same treatment despite what the ex HMs said about her and despite being new
  • JudgeFudgeJudgeFudge Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Are the housemates victimising and bullying Pav because he comes from a differfent religious and ethnic background than they do? I strongly suspect t his is the case.There's a lot lot of racism and bigotry going on in the big brother house !
    I haven't seen one iota of racism.

I saw Danielle get more abuse for her religious background then Pav has. But let's not be too concerned for her eh?
  • ThadThad Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I don't see there being any racism in the house. There may be some unconscious cultural unfamiliarity going on perhaps. but I doubt its even that to be fair.

There may have been a bit of it going on with the crowd on Friday night though.
  • geppsdoodgeppsdood Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain_stevenson - accusing Chris of being a paedophile and the rest of the house racists. My word, you're certainly King of the Overreaction tonight aren't you?
  • rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would not believe all of what you see on a TV, least of all BB, and your statement is a bit of a sweeping one to say the least.....
  • Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is underlying racism of some sort as Zoe hasn't received the same treatment despite what the ex HMs said about her and despite being new

I don't believe that racism is always across the board. For instance a mixed race (black / white) may generally receive less racism from white people than she does from Asian people. A black man may generally receive less racism from a white man than a Asian man does. Or more, I don't know. The hierarchy of races tends to change from place to place and demographic to demographic. Add to that lack of relatable appearance and stand out cultural features (such as the bhangra dancing and the turban) and a subconscious 'them and us' dynamic occurs. That's essentially where the racism manifests, emphasis on difference rather than commonalities. The more difference the lower you are on the totem policy.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it totally beyond the realms of possibility that they just don't like him???
  • Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Is it totally beyond the realms of possibility that they just don't like him???

Exactly, and it's another account making the same post about race when it really isn't an issue at all.

Some people are racist, but to say all of the house is racist is ludicrous.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, and it's another account making the same post about race when it really isn't an issue at all.

Some people are racist, but to say all of the house is racist is ludicrous.

The trouble is that on these forums there seems to be no such thing as presumption of innocence as far as racism goes. As soon as someone is accused of being racist that's it, trial over, guilty as charged
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How come 'they' all love Mark then ? ... or do you think his ethnicity has escaped them ?
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, it isn't. Pav isn't very appealing - he has a sharp inquisitive little face and an intense gaze. And of coudse he hasn't been helped by the comments of the ex HMs. My complaint abouf the Pav situation is that he never stood a chance because of this outside interference - maybe he would have shown a nicer side if that hadn't happened.