Options

is Pav being victimised because of his race and religion?

Comments

• Options
    CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Hope Not Hate raiding the forum or something? Noone in that house is anything resembling racist or anti-religion.

They dislike the newbies cos they know info about outside. They dislike Pav cos they were warned about him and his VT was dodgy. How long until the complaints to OFCOM threads start appearing? :confused:
  • Options
    JohnShaftJohnShaft Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    How come 'they' all love Mark then ? ... or do you think his ethnicity has escaped them ?

Loving Mark doesn't rule out racism, it doesn't rule it in either. ;-)

Edit: Unless Mark and Pav share the same race?
  • Options
    PepperPlantPepperPlant Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I didn't watch BB 2012, what happened to Deana?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    How come 'they' all love Mark then ? ... or do you think his ethnicity has escaped them ?

Historically this country has always been very welcoming to toby jugs.
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JohnShaft wrote: »
    Loving Mark doesn't rule out racism, it doesn't rule it in either. ;-)

Edit: Unless Mark and Pav share the same race?

im not sure why they loathe pav but it does seem a bit over the top, it wouldnt suprise me if it was racism but one thing i get tired of is people who say he she cant be racist because he has black friends and so on, pav is asian he isnt the same race as mark and zoe, they are both mixed race, mark is half black half white, zoe is 3/4 white and 1/4 black, both have white british heritage while pav doent and some people are racist against only some races while accepting other races.
  • Options
    magpi99magpi99 Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    It's slander to call someone racist without evidence provable in court, something people should bear in mind.
    Plain fact is Pav is the newbie & he's coming into a group that is already set. He clearly lacks confidence & feels awkward & that makes him an easy target for HM to remove instead of seeing one of their group going.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    He's not being victimized let alone because of that, he went in trying to play a strategic game and it backfired and now things have switched up and he's playing the sympathy game. This is someone who's watched the entire thing up until going in as a HG and has embraced it as a game.

This whole thing about sadly talking in the Diary Room, this is someone who knew and understood what the group was about going in and so how could be so surprised that this is what the group is like and about, he has also seen what happened with Jale/Christopher and how it was received, etc, etc.

Even if it wasn't game on his part, i still wouldn't see it as him being victimized seeing as he's watched the series and knew what he was going into combined with what he said about playing the game strategically, etc.

Perhaps too much from the HGs toward him? Yes, i would agree with that for my liking but not victimized or bullied.
  • Options
    GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the housemates victimising and bullying Pav because he comes from a differfent religious and ethnic background than they do? I strongly suspect t his is the case.There's a lot lot of racism and bigotry going on in the big brother house !
    My evidence is my tv set. isn't it obvious what a bunch of racist ***** they all are?

Not this NONESENSE again!!! >:(
  • Options
    viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moag wrote: »
    No, he brings nothing to the house, he's boring, get him out,

He just sits there perving on house mates, especially poor Ashleigh.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewer123 wrote: »
    He just sits there perving on house mates, especially poor Ashleigh.

so he's not just perving on Ashleigh then, she is just getting more than her average share of perving? :D
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a word OP NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    so he's not just perving on Ashleigh then, she is just getting more than her average share of perving? :D

Yes, he is indiscriminate with his perving, but he does favour poor Ashleigh.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewer123 wrote: »
    Yes, he is indiscriminate with his perving, but he does favour poor Ashleigh.

maybe Chris is jealous of all Pav's attention on Ashleigh, perhaps pissed off that he never gets any lustful looks? :cool:
  • Options
    ghostyghosty Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the housemates victimising and bullying Pav because he comes from a differfent religious and ethnic background than they do? I strongly suspect t his is the case.There's a lot lot of racism and bigotry going on in the big brother house !

Why when anyone who is of a " a different religious and ethnic background " if anything happens the first thing anyone says is " Racist " when really he may just not be liked , I hate it when the racist card is brought out at the slightest thing >:( . I have seen nothing that says he is being singled out due to his religious and ethnic background end of .
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member

OP, could you please back this statement up with some actual evidence? What have the other HMs done that is racist?

Examples please.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NEWSFLASH:......

Pav is not being victimized or bullied, he is not an underdog either ...

You can twist it as much as you like just like BB edits, Pav is not stupid he knows exactly what he needs to do to stay in the house and even win, I guess majority have fallen for it.
  • Options
    GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny isnt it? Someone suggests racism and all the little right-wingers say they see nothing.
    It is racism pure and simple.
  • Options
    LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think he's being targeted because he is a newbie BUT I do think that people often react to men in turbans! women in veils. It's slightly alien and it makes one stand out as a cuckoo in a nest.
    So I don't think it's out and out racism I think it's paranoia and a sense of entitlement first with a bit of "you're different to us" thrown in
    QueenPixie wrote: »
    Well... he situation reminded me of Deana on BB 2012... so...
    Deane was disliked for being an arrogant bitch.
    She really was hateful and so she was hated, it's that simple.
  • Options
    Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny isnt it? Someone suggests racism and all the little right-wingers say they see nothing.

Well......
  • Options
    LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    In a word OP NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can't know what the HMs motivation for victimising Pav is.
    We can only speculate
    So if you don't think it's racism you don't, but it's not clear either way.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Almost as funny as people saying something isn't racist being called right-wingers as if that's some sort of insult
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member

What is it exactly that is "racist pure and simple". You need to support your claim.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not being victimized let alone because of that, he went in trying to play a strategic game and it backfired and now things have switched up and he's playing the sympathy game. This is someone who's watched the entire thing up until going in as a HG and has embraced it as a game.

This whole thing about sadly talking in the Diary Room, this is someone who knew and understood what the group was about going in and so how could be so surprised that this is what the group is like and about, he has also seen what happened with Jale/Christopher and how it was received, etc, etc.

Even if it wasn't game on his part, i still wouldn't see it as him being victimized seeing as he's watched the series and knew what he was going into combined with what he said about playing the game strategically, etc.

Perhaps too much from the HGs toward him? Yes, i would agree with that for my liking but not victimized or bullied.

Thank you so much for your post, I thought I was the only one apart from Winston who seen through Pav's little game plan. At least I know I am not going insane :)
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ex house mates have created all this for Pav. Him, Biannca and Zoe were doing pretty ok until that load of claptrap was told to the Power Alliance. Danielle especially laying it on for Pav.

They couldn't believe it of Zoe so waited for crowd reaction. it was positive so she's ok. Pav's was not so what the ex house mates said must be true eh. Load of old cobblers.

I don't know what Matthew and Danielle thought they would gain from it>:(

I am going on what BB are showing me and I for one like Pav. To say he doesn't know where to look, what to say, how to act is just awful. His BB experience is rubbish before it's even started.:(
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Suspicions are not proof.

Pav is being victimised because of the input of former housemates who are believed by the inmates.

The current HMs are anti BOTH newcomers as proved by this week's nominations. They feel entitled to stay and resent the newcomers.