tigerboy wrote:
    so what is it currently up to?

Uk 1 - 63?
    UK Dance?
    America 1 - 16?
    Denmark 1 - 15?
    Australia?
    Arabia?

I have all of the Uk ones, and the odd Dance one thrown in here and there. I don't have any of the overseas ones however
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite surprised, not long after I posted my comment in here the other day, I saw an advert for Now 63, however most of the songs on it don't interest me, so I won't be going out ot buy it! :)
  • ironflowerironflower Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote:
    DING DING DING DING DING :D

oh, and i also have NOW17 on cd :cool:

thank you!!!

many a blast from the past on there. interesting to see the track listings of the ones i had and what music i used to like until i was 13/14. awwww bless.
  • chinchillachinchilla Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've got now 13 around somewhere on cassette at my folks, Now 32 is safe and sound in my CD rack!
  • nexty2nexty2 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got now 41 and 42 on tape. Got them on tape rather than Cd so that they could be played in the car :) .
    I've got Now 44 (the best one of my collection), 52, 53, 56 and 61 on CD.
    It's so much fun getting the latest Now CD - becuase it's all your favourite pop songs from the last few months.

But now with music downloads I don't think I'll be buying anymore Now CDs :( .
  • RPMRPM Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have them all

Now 1-9 on double vinyl
    Now 7-9 and Now '86 on single CD
    Now 10-63 on double CD.

The best Now album for me is Now 3
  • BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've started collecting them recently. I had a few on CD and some on Tape, possibly a few on vinyl too, but it was very patchy.

I'm starting from the recent and working back and hope to find some of the earliest ones in charity shops etc as Ebay tends to be a more expensive alternative these days.

Now 4 is back on Ebay and is already at 200 quid!! Quite amazing how something like that becomes so expensive.

I've now got:

31, 35-39, 41, 42, 44-53, 56, 58-63.

LONG way to go....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have all the early ones on vinyl years ago but did a spring-clean one day and threw them all in the bin!! If only I knew that E-BAY was gonna happen. :cry::cry: I used to play that Culture Club song "VICTIMS" to death. I think it was track 30 on the first NOW album... but I could be wrong. Still a great song though.
  • soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    delboy85 wrote:
    I used to have all the early ones on vinyl years ago but did a spring-clean one day and threw them all in the bin!! If only I knew that E-BAY was gonna happen. :cry::cry: I used to play that Culture Club song "VICTIMS" to death. I think it was track 30 on the first NOW album... but I could be wrong. Still a great song though.
    Don't worry, most vinyl is relatively worthless these days. Most 80s vinyl bought by the masses just won't sell greatly, unless it is a picture disc, limited edition etc.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought Now 7 on tape, although I can't imagine why. It's pretty crap, with the possible exception of Midge Ure (!)

I remember Now 1 - it caused quite a stir at the time because up until then most compilation albums had a few decent tracks and alot of rubbish that no-one had heard of, so it was something quite exciting to see a compilation album with all the latest chart-toppers and all the big names together on one album.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it was because it was the first compilation album to be a collaboration between a few major labels, so more big hits could be included
  • t1mmybt1mmyb Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 1, 4, 10 and 11 on vinyl. My wife has several Now CDs in the 20s/30s range.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I bought Now 5 when released on double cassette.

You lot are young ;)
  • Bill ClintonBill Clinton Posts: 9,389
    Forum Member
    I have NOW 17 through to the latest one on CD. It might be too expensive to get the very earliest on CD. I wish they'd give the newest ones a fresh new look.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aren't these albums the replacements for the Hot Hits albums that use to out in the 70's
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the first NTWICM on double cassette. Too many of them are being released now.

I think it's time to see the final episode of this series.
  • t1mmybt1mmyb Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote:
    I bought the first NTWICM on double cassette. Too many of them are being released now.

I think it's time to see the final episode of this series.
    There were only two Now albums last year; on the whole it's been three per year since the series started.

Unless you mean all the other compilations that want to ride on Now's coat-tails...
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite surprised, not long after I posted my comment in here the other day, I saw an advert for Now 63, however most of the songs on it don't interest me, so I won't be going out ot buy it! :)

I agree, although like a few of the songs. Anyone who is old enough to have collected from years back is going to have different tastes to the teens snapping up vol.63
  • soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Times r a changin'

I've just downloaded a track from the Now That's What I Call an 80s Download from iTunes!
  • alienghostalienghost Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first one I got was Now 42, and it was on cassette tape.

I have bought quite a lot of them since, all on CD. Not every single one though. It depends what's on it.

They started a Now series in the US as well. They are only up to about Now 27 I think.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    I collected the odd few since Now 39 which I bought on cassette, I dont buy any of the latest ones out now though as I dont think the music is any good and is mostly filled with american artists.

On CD I have - Now 41, Now 44, Now 50.. Last week I ordered a new copy of Now 59 from dvd.co.uk for only £4.79, received it yesterday and have been playing it back to back.. the songs on that one are from late 2004 which is a time when I actually really did enjoy the chart music.

Im also thinking of buying Now 58 and possibly 60.. if any of you see them going cheap anywhere, please let me know! :D
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Now 1 and 2 on tape in a charity shop on tape for 50p and thought I'd got a bargain but it looks like the tape versions don't sell very well. The first ones I actually got were Now 28 and 29 for Christmas 1994 when I was 8. Best present ever.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    My first one was Now 23 on double cassette. I have a little box with vols 26, 28, 29, 31, 32 and Now 1993 in it. On CD I have 38 (I think), and the most recent two. I've had to start buying them again because of my DJ'ing, i wouldn't if it weren't for that!

EDIT: Just looking through the tracklistings of my tapes on more detail. These were the first few years i got into pop music (1992-1995). Takes me right back...
  • ShelfieShelfie Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    aren't these albums the replacements for the Hot Hits albums that use to out in the 70's

They replaced the K-Tel/Telstar "Hits of..." series from the '70's. Only they were re-recorded by sound-a-likes, as the labels were too tight to pay the licence fees.

Also, the "Now" series only came out once or twice a year at first and contained only the very best toons. Not like in the last few years when a new one seems to come out every eight weeks, hence the reason they're somewhere in the mid-60's.