Options

Triple standards?! How is Chris taking the £ worse than what Mark & Ash did?!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Sorry if this has already been put up but can't find a thread..

Just watched last night's episode..

Can't believe what I am seeing..! Chris took the money, same as Ash and Mark, yet it is only Chris being beaten down by the 'gang'..

Mark even said himself he would keep £5k for his 'brow bar' and split the £10k remaining between the rest. And as for Ash, its hard to say if he would have split it.

Chris did say he would split it with Ashleigh and Christopher only, but don't see why he is being shouted down at by Helen & Co.

Horrible behaviour.

Comments

• Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    brazil2014 wrote: »

Can't believe what I am seeing..! Chris took the money, same as Ash and Mark, yet it is only Chris being beaten down by the 'gang'..

Mark even said himself he would keep £5k for his 'brow bar' and split the £10k remaining between the rest. And as for Ash, its hard to say if he would have split it.

Chris did say he would split it with Ashleigh and Christopher only, but don't see why he is being shouted down at by Helen & Co.

Horrible behaviour.

It's been discussed left, right and centre, there are some threads ... maybe page 2 / 3 now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yogacats wrote: »
    It's been discussed left, right and centre, there are some threads ... maybe page 2 / 3 now?

Ah cheers.. I shall take a look..

Seems I am a bit behind ! :)
  • Options
    LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Helen trusts the other 2 a hundred million % & she is such a wonderful judge of character, she KNOWS they would share the money & she is always in the right, always in the right, always in the right....Its a shame BB doesn`t show them Mark`s deliberations in the DR :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member

Horrible behaviour.

Your right I just watched it to and Helen is not a nice person at all she should have said the same to the three of them
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark and Ash gave adequate, meaningless flannel afterwards. Chris didn't.

I think that's about the size of it.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

That and Mark and Ash coming clean immediately albeit Mark not 100% honestly and Chris being his usual slippery self. He made it obvious he wasn't going to split it and Helen picked up on that.

If you just watched OP you surely saw Chris saying he'd split only with Ashleigh and Christopher and back tracking and being completely slippery when he was found out :confused:

As for trusting and believing your friends, Helen trusted and believed in Mark and Ash like Christopher did Chris. What's the difference other than Christopher got his friend wrong but Helen got him right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LMAO wrote: »
    Because Helen trusts the other 2 a hundred million % & she is such a wonderful judge of character, she KNOWS they would share the money & she is always in the right, always in the right, always in the right....Its a shame BB doesn`t show them Mark`s deliberations in the DR :D

There's been quite a few times where I have wished/ hoped BB would show footage/ Diary room video to the rest, and this would have been ideal.

Still. bet mark would have managed to get out of that, helen & co would have found some way of twisting it against chris?!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yes, possibly Chris could have been more articulate and chosen his words better when trying to explain. But I feel it wouldn't have mattered whatever he said - Ash & Mark's decision to take the £ needed to be shielded, hence Helen had to go on the attack and protect her crew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That and Mark and Ash coming clean immediately albeit Mark not 100% honestly and Chris being his usual slippery self. He made it obvious he wasn't going to split it and Helen picked up on that.

If you just watched OP you surely saw Chris saying he'd split only with Ashleigh and Christopher and back tracking and being completely slippery when he was found out :confused:

As for trusting and believing your friends, Helen trusted and believed in Mark and Ash like Christopher did Chris. What's the difference other than Christopher got his friend wrong but Helen got him right.

Yes, I even mentioned in my post that Chris said he would only do a 3 way split with his friends. But the issue is, Mark admitted to keeping £5k and then splitting the rest. That's not keeping to the 'pact' either. Hence, why do the others not even receive a tiny bit of flack?!
  • Options
    AngelJeanAngelJean Posts: 4,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chris did come clean immediately. He was first to put his hand up and admit it. Ash and Mark only came clean when they realised they were caught out.

Why would Chris want to share it with the people who have repeatedly nominated him anyway.

And, I have no idea how much it costs to open a brow bar but if you think Mark would only have taken £5000 then you are as deluded as Helen.
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chris was the first person to admit on the sofas, that he had chosen to take the money, followed by Mark and slowly followed by slimy Ash. Watching both Ash and Marks blood drain from their faces, when they realised that BB was about to tell the group, who had chosen to take the money.
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mark and Ash seem to be more accomplished liars than the professional actor.

Mark and Ash did not come clean.
    Mark wanted to keep the money for himself and regardless of what Ash said Ash would have kept it or split it between himself and Helen only. He's the snakiest double crossing slime bag in the house this year.

Chris was the one who did the most deliberating and we know we didn't see it all because he went from saying he would split it between him Ashleigh and Christopher to saying he would take it to saying this wouldn't be interesting if I said No.

The reason that all the flack is being fired at Chris is simple.

Helen has made such a huge deal about how she trusts her mates 100% and how everyone else is a lying cheating b&st@rd that when it was revealed that 2 of the 3 were her 1st and 2nd lieutenant, she had to quickly deflect. And being the sneaky slimy sods they are Mark and Ash were right on it.
  • Options
    HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Chris was the first person to admit on the sofas, that he had chosen to take the money, followed by Mark and slowly followed by slimy Ash. Watching both Ash and Marks blood drain from their faces, when they realised that BB was about to tell the group, who had chosen to take the money.

That's an excellent point.

The day before when the quotes were being read out everyone was owning up to theirs. Except when it came to Ash. Who asked everyone else if it was them and then concluded "it must've been me then"

He is such a yellow bellied slime ball.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Foghorn Helen Fookin Sez So That's Why!!!
  • Options
    MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chris is honest, unlike Mark and Ash. They are saying they'd split but would they out of that house? I don't think Chris would say something like that and not do it, hence he said he would split but only with Ashleigh and Christopher. When they all put their hands in the 'pact' he wasn't comfortable with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngelJean wrote: »
    Chris did come clean immediately. He was first to put his hand up and admit it. Ash and Mark only came clean when they realised they were caught out.

Why would Chris want to share it with the people who have repeatedly nominated him anyway.

And, I have no idea how much it costs to open a brow bar but if you think Mark would only have taken £5000 then you are as deluded as Helen.

Yes Chris was very upfront about taking the money. How long did Mark take to spend 5k of that money, if he had been in that DR any longer, the whole 15k would of gone. Also Ash chose to rewrite history in his justification, he said that the pact was not for the overall winner to share the extra cash, which was a lie, originally the extra money was to be added to the 100k for the winner, and the pact was for the winner to share the extra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MillyC wrote: »
    I think Chris is honest, unlike Mark and Ash. They are saying they'd split but would they out of that house? I don't think Chris would say something like that and not do it, hence he said he would split but only with Ashleigh and Christopher. When they all put their hands in the 'pact' he wasn't comfortable with it.

And he wasn't comfortable for the very reason he gave, these things rarely pan out as people promise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBB wrote: »
    That's an excellent point.

The day before when the quotes were being read out everyone was owning up to theirs. Except when it came to Ash. Who asked everyone else if it was them and then concluded "it must've been me then"

He is such a yellow bellied slime ball.

And the other week when the nominated HMs Steve, Zoe Ash and Pav (I think) had the choice to save one of themselves, all the others said they did not mind being up for eviction, and they wanted to chose between saving Zoe or Ash, Ash never said a word until he was named to be saved, he was not prepared to sacrifice himself to save another. Ash is lower than a snakes belly. Even Pav who was favourite at the time to be evicted said that he was ok letting his fate lie with the public.
  • Options
    elderlyelderly Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Please tell me, did Ash in the diary room just say he would split the money Or that he would split the money with everybody.
    The reason I am asking this, if he just said he would split the money, we do not know who with.

Just because Chris said, only with Ashleigh and Christopher, that's wrong, but Ash can look like the good guy because he just said he would split the money
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As others above have said, because Helen trusts Mark and Ash and 'knows' they would split the money. You see Helen lives her life thinking her opinions are 100% absolute objective truths, even when there is little evidence to back them up. So much so she professes with complete affirmation to know things that nobody else does or can possibly know. She is the kind of person that almost always reacts emotionally rather than rationally, and comes to conclusions based on that. Logical reflection is an afterthought, and not very important to her. That's more than half her problem.
  • Options
    Sarahmonial2Sarahmonial2 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not worse at all, they all did the same thing.

No one can say for certain who would have done what with the money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elderly wrote: »
    Please tell me, did Ash in the diary room just say he would split the money Or that he would split the money with everybody.
    The reason I am asking this, if he just said he would split the money, we do not know who with.

Just because Chris said, only with Ashleigh and Christopher, that's wrong, but Ash can look like the good guy because he just said he would split the money

Ash said he would honour the pact, and that if he took the money he would split it as everyone agreed, but he didn't feel others would which is why he agreed to take it.

Chris said he'd take it and split it with his two mates only, or give it to the winner (probably hoping it's himself).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not worse at all, they all did the same thing.

No one can say for certain who would have done what with the money.

Agreed - all 3 made the same decision. So all 3 should have had the same response from the house, not just a free-for-all shouting match on Chris.

Helen appeared to be mellowing out in the last few weeks but looks like a leopard can't change its spots.. nasty Helen is back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed - all 3 made the same decision. So all 3 should have had the same response from the house, not just a free-for-all shouting match on Chris.

Helen appeared to be mellowing out in the last few weeks but looks like a leopard can't change its spots.. nasty Helen is back.

Winston seemed more upset about it than Helen, but he didn't get the screen time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    As I recall it.
    Ashleigh talking out loud in the diary room said her and Chris had talked this morning about dropping out of the pact which generated the "Mother Teresa" remark from Helen.
    So it looked shady to the others that Chris would then take the money.

After that Chris told them it was just talk and that they had not dropped out of the pact and he took the money for the same reasons as the others to split. They did not believe him and couldn't let it go. If he did not want the money then why did he take it and nothing he said was good enough to satisfy them.

Now, we know he is telling one big giant whopper of a lie since he discussed keeping 5 for himself and giving Ashleigh and Christopher 5 each.

He got what he deserved because he was guilty of betraying the pact.
    At the same time it comes across as unreasonable for them to so willingly believe Ash and Mark when they are all saying they did it for the same reason.

Especially since we know Mark decided it would be okay for him to keep 1/3 and then divide the rest between the rest. If Mark wasn't guilty of the exact same crime and so eager to point the finger at Chris I don't think people would have been able to defend Chris at all.