Linda Bellingham Has Passed Away

Comments

• Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Sitting here in tears and not really sure why as I wasn't like a huge fan or anything but I got upset when I started reading the serialisation of her book and then broke my heart when I saw her on This Morning a couple of weeks ago. She was so upbeat and funny but, underneath the tan, I couldn't believe how frail she looked. And I'm so desperately sad she didn't get the last Christmas she wanted.

I really, really hope they show the Loose Women episode she filmed today as a fitting tribute.

Rest in peace Lynda, you remarkable lady.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news, Didn't get her last christmas. :(

RIP Lynda Bellingham, condolences to all family and friends.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,961
    Forum Member
    Really sad news, always liked Linda Bellingham, we all knew she was dying but i thought she would last a bit longer, so sad she didn't get her last Christmas like she wanted. Linda was such a talented women she was great on Loose Women such an honest and warm personality, also she was a great actress as shown on the Oxo adverts, also remember her on the Bill were she played a Gangster in Irene Ratford a million miles away from the Mother in the Oxo adverts yet she was superb. A sad loss RIP.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sas news she was like everybodys Second mum in a way, Celebrity deaths are affecting me more these days, I think I am at an age, where in the last year, those that have died, are if those I remember before they werent.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shame considering that she wanted to spend one more Christmas with her family before her time came. I would have liked for her to have had her wish. I couldn't believe it when I saw how white her hair was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    How very sad. I am sorry you didn't get your last Christmas Lynda x RIP
  • Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP 'Oxo Mam'.
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just heard this , She was the one of the nicest warmest people on television , R.I.P Lynda :(
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said on the other thread here a couple of weeks back after she'd appeared on This Morning that I could not see her making it to November to stop her treatment....she looked so fragile and jaundiced. The news said she died in her husband's arms - I trust she had a peaceful passing, but what a lady and how missed she will be :(
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad that Linda didn't get her last Xmas.
    However, it seems that she died quickly and peacefully rather than having prolonged pain at the end, which is a blessing. My mother died whilst on holiday abroad, after having stopped her chemo a few months before. The day before we lost her she was sightseeing around Madeira, but the next morning dad woke up to find her comatose. When I lost Dad to cancer he went gradually downhill and spent the last two weeks in bed, not knowing who we were and in a huge amount of pain. I know which ending I would prefer. RIP Linda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That loose women episode is supposed to be on this Wednesday I doubt they'll show it now :(

No, it was recorded to be a special tribute show so it will be shown on Wednesday as exactly that - I think Lynda knew her time was much nearer than she let on about.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Among a panel of cackling, brash and thoroughly unlikable tarts, Lynda shone through as the only dignified, intelligent and genuinely funny and pleasant person on Loose Women. The only real woman on Loose Women if you will.

I am too young to know her acting career but I have a lot of respect for her achievements and even more respect for how she faced up to this horrible cancer. Inspiring to those who are sick.

Really sad to hear this news but I know she will leave a good legacy behind her.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad that she didn't get to spend one last Christmas with her family as she so desperately wished.

Cancer is such an evil illness, I do hope that one day there is a cure for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Lynda, and condolences to her family. It is sad that she didn't get her final wish.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    So sad that she didn't get her final wish for one last Christmas with her family.

RIP beautiful, dignified Lynda.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year I really enjoyed watching her cooking series My Tasty Travels where she travelled around the UK cooking regional recipes....hard to believe that things changed so quickly for her. Geez I'm sad about this :(

Just listening to Denise Welch speaking about her on BBC Ulster....she had visited Lynda a few days ago and said she'd been in a fair amount of pain in the last few days and went into hospital on the weekend. Just glad to know her passing was quick and relatively peaceful.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news. A lovely lady. R.I.P.

The Guardian obituary

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/oct/20/lynda-bellingham-obituary
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just logged in on here and saw the so very sad news. An incredibly brave lady.
    God bless you, Lynda.
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news, I was only thinking about her plight last night. I remember her in Second Thoughts and its sequel, Faith In The Future, plus the legendary Oxo adverts-I think that's her voicing their latest advert, which is a nice touch by them.

I also saw her in Calendar Girls at Newcastle's Theatre Royal back in 2010. She did a book signing at the nearby Waterstones book shop a few days later while the show's run was on, but no one was talking to her (I think somebody had been previously, though). I should've went up to her and said hi.

R.I.P. Lynda Bellingham.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news. RIP Lynda.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That loose women episode is supposed to be on this Wednesday I doubt they'll show it now :(

Phillip & Amanda have just confirmed on TM that it will still be shown on Wednesday's Loose Women.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same age as my mum.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A reminder to people to get checked out ASAP if they have any concerns about their health. Bowel cancer is one of the most treatable cancers if caught early.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad and I was surprised it happened so quickly. When she was on BBC Breakfast about 10 days ago I thought she looked remarkably well considering her illness.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R.I.P., Lynda and thank you. So sorry you didn't see your Christmas but am glad you weren't destined to terrible suffering beyond what you've already endured.