What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

Comments

• chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    Muz_ wrote: »
    I've been visiting this forum for a while now and have been enjoying reading threads such as this so recently decided to join. While not supernatural creepy, this is definitely one of the scariest things that's happened to me.

It was a Sunday afternoon, I'd been out on the Saturday and was feeling slightly 'delicate' and had dozed off on the sofa in the living room. I woke up about 4pm and could hear that there was somebody else in the house, at that time there shouldn't of been anyone in but myself. Although isn't uncommon for family and friends to let themselves in, I didn't recognise the voice I could hear so cautiously got up to investigate. As I left the living room I could see straight away that this person was in the bathroom, they'd left the door slightly open and I could hear them speaking to someone else. At this point I'd clocked that it was an intruder and in a bit of a panic started running round all he other rooms in the house to check that nothing obvious had been lifted or was out of place. Everything appeared to be fine so I approached the bathroom again and knocked on the door and shouted "who's that?!". At that point it became obvious that the other person he was talking to was on the phone, he hung up and came to the door. I didn't recognise the guy at all, he was probably late 20's, quite thuggish looking and quite clearly under the influence of something. Trying to stay calm I asked him why he'd walked in and told him to leave. Slurring his words, he said that the door was open and then informed me that he'd helped himself to a bottle of beer out of the fridge, which he then showed me. He apologised a few times and desperate to get him out of the place, I started acting almost friendly with him saying that it was ok and led him down the stairs towards the front door. Things were going quite well and he was cooperating until we got to the landing leading down to the front door. He stopped suddenly and looked me in the eye before reaching into the pouch on his hoodie and producing the handle of what seemed to be a fairly sizeable knife (he didn't pull it out far enough to see a blade). He looked down as if to direct my attention to it then looked at me again with a much more sinister grin. All kinds of thoughts were going through my head at this point, but my reaction was to just firmly say, "leave". Thankfully with that, he walked down the remaining steps and out of the door, with me locking it swiftly afterwards. I checked every room a bit more thoroughly afterwards and everything did seem to be fine. On returning to the living room, our cat (who wasn't to be seen throughout) emerged from it's hiding place behind the TV cabinet. The cat had previously been sleeping on a chair opposite me before I fell asleep and only ever hides when it's really scared, which makes me believe that at some point this guy was in the room with me while I was sleeping!

The police were called after I was happy that nothing had been stolen, more for the suspected knife than anything, but nobody was ever caught. Needless to say, the front door stays locked most of the time now!

I enjoy reading all the supernatural/mysterious posts on here, just thought this was worth sharing!

The "real" experiences are my favorite to read about and creep me out the most.

wannabe rapists/murders/stalkers/intruders/close encounters with dangerous people etc..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spimf wrote: »
    Right not really creepy as such but I was walking home from my grandma's house earlier and had a feeling I was going to find a kitten. I was actually pondering what you even give to a teeny kitten, I'm sure my dad gave our old cat baby formula in a syringe as she wasn't being fed by the mother.

Anyway, thought nothing of it till I was getting ready to come up to bed - checking the door was locked and heard a meowing. Open the door to a tiny jet black kitten!

It's supposed to be good luck to have a black cat come unbidden to your home.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Called my mum a few times today and between attempts where she had no signal, one call connected and I heard what sounded like distorted jibberish, followed by a very clear breath and then more distorted jibberish.

After talking to her it sounds like a glitch when we both rang each other at the same time, but considering I was home alone at the time and read several sites and threads like this one, I found it pretty freaky.
  • Nancy_DNancy_D Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Hi, i've been checking the forums for a while and this week is being so strange... and this thread is the perfect place to share.

It was only my dog and i at the house, i was sitting at the office (exactly where i am now) with the door open, its was during the afternoon, i was doing some work when i heard this loud noise, the TV remote control had fallen off the couch. The thing is: i didnt watch TV that day and i swear, i promise you, the remote was at the middle of the couch, not hanging on the edge! it was impossible for it to just fall off without someone or something to push it, you know? So i got up and checked the house, i called my dog and i stayed at my bedroom until my sister got home.

Many will say that its was just a small thing, that probably the remote was hanging on the edge and fell, but i made a point of always putting the remote at the shelf. So on the next day, i was again alone, at the office and i heard the same noise, the freaking remote was at the floor like it just had fallen off the couch. Which was impossible since i had put it at the shelf thats is on the opposite side of the couch. Of course i was scared and i called my dog but he refused to leave the office, and he always comes running if you call his name, so i called and called and he just cried and hide under the office desk, like he was scared of something in the TV room. I just left after this, i went to the mall to clear my head.

I dont know, maybe i was just overwhelmed since i was alone... but a two days incident? and the second day... since then i'm avoiding watching that TV and using that remote control, call me crazy but i think someone was trying to make me watch something at the TV... i dont know and i dont wanna know lol

thanks for reading, it was really good to take this off my chest since my family would just mock me for being an grown up afraid of being home alone
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Called my mum a few times today and between attempts where she had no signal, one call connected and I heard what sounded like distorted jibberish, followed by a very clear breath and then more distorted jibberish.

After talking to her it sounds like a glitch when we both rang each other at the same time, but considering I was home alone at the time and read several sites and threads like this one, I found it pretty freaky.

:o
    How odd ! I had a similar experience this afternoon .
    Our house phone rang at about 1.30pm and I ignored it because a certain company has been ringing us with most unwelcome calls . They ALWAYS call (us) between 1.30pm and 2.30pm ,never any other time ,so we tend to simply not answer the phone around that time . Anyway , within a minute of the 1.30pm call the phone rang again and feeling a bit grumpy I grabbed the phone ready to do battle again , and a lovely lady american voice trilled "well hi there honey . Are y'all having a really nice day ?" I went " WHAT ?" and a man's voice replied "The time isn't right" , then there was a lot of indecipherable gibberish in the background for about 5 or 6 seconds and the call was disconnected . The man's accent was foreign but I can't place it. Eastern block , russian possibly . Most peculiar , and the funny thing was that when I grabbed at the hand set I had accidentally hit the speaker button, so my hubby heard the convo (if you could call it that ), and he was equally perplexed so he took the phone , did 1471 , and the last incoming call was my niece calling this morning at 10am about a shopping trip. No mention of the two calls at 1.30 pm at all .:confused:
    I'll be honest, I found it really really creepy and cannot find a logical explanation . I wish I could say it was a glitch, but I can't fathom what kind of glitch it could be .
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Nancy_D wrote: »
    thanks for reading, it was really good to take this off my chest since my family would just mock me for being an grown up afraid of being home alone

Mice.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Our house phone rang at about 1.30pm and I ignored it because a certain company has been ringing us with most unwelcome calls . They ALWAYS call (us) between 1.30pm and 2.30pm ,never any other time ,so we tend to simply not answer the phone around that time . Anyway , within a minute of the 1.30pm call the phone rang again and feeling a bit grumpy I grabbed the phone ready to do battle again , and a lovely lady american voice trilled "well hi there honey . Are y'all having a really nice day ?" I went " WHAT ?" and a man's voice replied "The time isn't right" , then there was a lot of indecipherable gibberish in the background for about 5 or 6 seconds and the call was disconnected . The man's accent was foreign but I can't place it. Eastern block , russian possibly . Most peculiar , and the funny thing was that when I grabbed at the hand set I had accidentally hit the speaker button, so my hubby heard the convo (if you could call it that ), and he was equally perplexed so he took the phone , did 1471 , and the last incoming call was my niece calling this morning at 10am about a shopping trip. No mention of the two calls at 1.30 pm at all .:confused:
    I'll be honest, I found it really really creepy and cannot find a logical explanation . I wish I could say it was a glitch, but I can't fathom what kind of glitch it could be .

Conference call perhaps? That does sound rather bizzare!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Nancy_D wrote: »
    Could the dog have pushed the remote off the couch and then hidden because he'd been naughty, like dogs do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not gonna lie, the thought did cross my mind for a minute that the noise sounded demonic.
    If it had just been distorted jibberish it wouldn't have been so bad, there was a very clear breath, that's what bothered me.

That sounds even creepier than mine! The time is not right for what?! and why didn't it show as the last incoming call? :o
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every thursday night on Really TV they have 6 hours of paranormal programmes, l always tape them, and enjoy them over the weekend.

More often than not after l have watched them, when l go to bed, l have a variety of bangs in the flat, knocks on my bedroom door. I have been reading when they have started, so l am not dreaming.

I have never got up and investigated, l'd rather not know, what it is.

I wonder if watching these kind of programmes, attract anything paranormal.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few experiences to tell when I have more time but one short one is when I was on holiday in Weymouth in 2000. My mum, aunt, gran, grandad, brother and I were staying in a large caravan at a caravan park. It must have been about five in the morning when I was one of the bedrooms drifting in and out of sleep and suddenly I heard the television come on by itself in the other room. It came on so suddenly and loud that I assumed my grandad had woke up early and gone to watch it. I remember specifically it was that old ITV night service program that listed jobs (can't remember the name of it) with loud music playing over it. I walked into see what was going on but there was no one in there. The room felt so still and cold, it was so weird. I turned the TV off and walked back to bed and no one admitted to getting up and switching it on. Not the scariest experience but it has always stuck in my mind.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I woke up at about two-thirty am, sure I could hear two voices coming up the stairs and just outside the bedroom. Then, l realised my brain had distorted the sound of traffic swishing by on the rain-soaked road just outside. I often wake up thinking just l've heard voices. I think that's symptomatic of sleep paralysis, which l often get to a mild degree, partly waking, but being initially unable to move, while still partly-dreaming or partly able to see the room around me.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have had a similar call at work. A colleague and I were expecting a conference call from South Korea when the phone rang. He hit the speaker button and before he could say hello, a female voice - no accent - said, "It's a long day." I asked, "Are you calling on the behalf of Mr. Jeong?" The caller said, "It's a long day." The colleague looked confused and asked, "Who are you?" The caller just repeated "It's a long day." The colleague quickly asked, "Are you in trouble? Do you need help?" The woman shouted, as if she was frustrated, "It's a long day!"

I said, "Tell us where you are and we'll get help to you." She said, "You'll be sorry. We are sorry. You'll be sorry." The colleague--now impatient--said, "This is a prank call, right?" The call ended. He dialled 1471. The last call was from a male colleague in Edinburgh twenty minutes earlier.

I'm pretty certain it's a glitch. A crossed line, probably. We believe a woman thought she was talking to someone she was disputing with. It was an odd call, though. It sometimes made me wonder what her dispute was about.
  • Nancy_DNancy_D Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Could the dog have pushed the remote off the couch and then hidden because he'd been naughty, like dogs do?

No because both times he were under the desk, sleeping at my feet... What bugs me is that the remote were at the shelf, away from the couch... anyway, i'll probably be home alone again soon so i guess if it happens again i should be scared or something, as for now nothing really big happened, but 3rd time is a charm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »
    Every thursday night on Really TV they have 6 hours of paranormal programmes, l always tape them, and enjoy them over the weekend.

More often than not after l have watched them, when l go to bed, l have a variety of bangs in the flat, knocks on my bedroom door. I have been reading when they have started, so l am not dreaming.

I have never got up and investigated, l'd rather not know, what it is.

I wonder if watching these kind of programmes, attract anything paranormal.

Well not to spook you but I have heard theories in the past that shows like that can act as a portal for things to come through. I watch plenty of them though and despite having read this thread since the old closed one, haven't had anything to post until yesterday.
    Takae wrote: »
    I have had a similar call at work. A colleague and I were expecting a conference call from South Korea when the phone rang. He hit the speaker button and before he could say hello, a female voice - no accent - said, "It's a long day." I asked, "Are you calling on the behalf of Mr. Jeong?" The caller said, "It's a long day." The colleague looked confused and asked, "Who are you?" The caller just repeated "It's a long day." The colleague quickly asked, "Are you in trouble? Do you need help?" The woman shouted, as if she was frustrated, "It's a long day!"

I said, "Tell us where you are and we'll get help to you." She said, "You'll be sorry. We are sorry. You'll be sorry." The colleague--now impatient--said, "This is a prank call, right?" The call ended. He dialled 1471. The last call was from a male colleague in Edinburgh twenty minutes earlier.

I'm pretty certain it's a glitch. A crossed line, probably. We believe a woman thought she was talking to someone she was disputing with. It was an odd call, though. It sometimes made me wonder what her dispute was about.

"We're sorry, you'll be sorry"? So they're sorry now, but you will be soon, and the call wasn't the last call received? Sounds like it was coming from the future...:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • ProvenceJaneProvenceJane Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago, aged about 11, I went on a family holiday to a caravan park. The caravan we rented was 6 berth and had French windows which viewed out onto the main thoroughfare that other holiday makers shared.

Basically my parents discovered the French windows weren't locked and there was no key. My father sorted it out with the site manager. Presumably there was no key to be found as he then sent a locksmith around to fix things.

I'm not sure how much time passed after that. I recall we were barely in the caravan and really only used it to sleep in. But at some point I was messing around as a child does and tried the French doors, with no expectation of them opening as they'd been professionally attended to. But they did open again!

I will always remember the look of astonishment from the other family members. As a child I found it funny and quirky. As an adult it's slightly creepy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in a cottage in a small village and after about midnight it's very rare that any cars go past the house. One night my ex girlfriend and I were up late sat in the front room. I was watching TV and she was on Facebook on my laptop. It got to 4.00am and I heard a car pull up outside the house and I got up to look out the window. It was a small blue car and it stopped and I saw a man in the front seat staring at the house. Not the scariest thing in the world I know, but I was wondering who the hell it was and why they'd pulled up to the house so early in the morning. My girlfriend got up to look out the window and he immediately started the car and drove away. Random. About a month later, we'd been to the local pub and had a bit of a night out. We decided to sleep in the front room with the fire lit as it was a very cold night and at 4.00am I got up to turn the TV off and draw the curtains as we were about to go to sleep on the sofa. As I did this I noticed car lights coming up the road really slowly. I looked out the window and a small blue car was coming up the road, possibly the same car as the previous time this happened. I drew the curtains and we heard it stop outside the front of the house, exactly the same time as last time. My girlfriend was a little freaked out and wanted to know who it was but I told her not to go outside and as I peered through the curtains it drove away. It hasn't happened since and whereas it was probably nothing, we found it a bit creepy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobwebsoup wrote: »
    I live in a cottage in a small village and after about midnight it's very rare that any cars go past the house. One night my ex girlfriend and I were up late sat in the front room. I was watching TV and she was on Facebook on my laptop. It got to 4.00am and I heard a car pull up outside the house and I got up to look out the window. It was a small blue car and it stopped and I saw a man in the front seat staring at the house. Not the scariest thing in the world I know, but I was wondering who the hell it was and why they'd pulled up to the house so early in the morning. My girlfriend got up to look out the window and he immediately started the car and drove away. Random. About a month later, we'd been to the local pub and had a bit of a night out. We decided to sleep in the front room with the fire lit as it was a very cold night and at 4.00am I got up to turn the TV off and draw the curtains as we were about to go to sleep on the sofa. As I did this I noticed car lights coming up the road really slowly. I looked out the window and a small blue car was coming up the road, possibly the same car as the previous time this happened. I drew the curtains and we heard it stop outside the front of the house, exactly the same time as last time. My girlfriend was a little freaked out and wanted to know who it was but I told her not to go outside and as I peered through the curtains it drove away. It hasn't happened since and whereas it was probably nothing, we found it a bit creepy.

I would feel that was creepy too. I wonder what you will do if it happens again - would you open the door? I would let sleeping dogs lie.

It reminds me of something a friend told me years ago. She sometimes used to stay overnight or weekends, well actually quite regularly, with some friends. They lived in a dormer bungalow and their bedroom was upstairs, but the guest bedroom she slept in was a small ground-floor room which was besides the front door and entrance hall at the front of the house. She said she often found it hard to sleep in that room and she used to get a feeling like someone was staring at her. Or rather someone was outside nearby staring at the window of the room she was sleeping in. One night she got the feeling very strongly and she opened the curtains. The bungalow only had a very small front garden and then there was the street pavement with streetlamps on. Very close, just below a streetlamp in front of the garden, there was the figure of a tall man with his back to her. He was just standing there quite still, and it was the early hours of the morning in a quiet residential avenue so what reason would he have been there?

She was a bit creeped out and thought she would tell her friends about it the next day, but she said a lot of crazy stuff happened the next day and so it slipped her mind to. Then the next time exactly the same thing happened, even though it was a few months later. The next morning she did tell her friends this time. They'd no idea who he could be. She stayed with them the following night but didn't see him ever again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • SweetcazSweetcaz Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I don't know what to think of this! Last night I was sat here, tapping away on my laptop. My other half was watching the snooker, when suddenly, I got a very strong smell of cigarette smoke, as if someone was smoking beside me. I told my partner I could smell it and asked him if he could smell it. He said no. I was really shook up by this.
    Today, my partners brother, who was a heavy smoker, died. He dropped dead suddenly on his way to the bus stop. I am so upset I can't tell you. But, I have smelt this smoke before when something significant has happened.
    As I have always said, I don't believe in the supernatural, but weird things have happened to me through out my life.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started talking to this person from school a few months back & she said that she was going to meet her best friend on the weekend. I asked who this friend was & she gave me the name. For some reason I recognised the first name but not the surname. I typed this persons name into Facebook, clicked on the profile picture & recognised the face. Now, this person does not go to the same school as me or my friend, & she is one year older than me & my friend, so at the time she would have been 16. I messaged her & said that I recognised her, she said the same. I then told her that I remember seeing her at my house, she thought this was a little odd so I sent her a picture of my house & she said she recognised it & she recalls visiting the house at some point aswell.

It's weird because, my brother & sister are both 27 & 25 so they wouldn't know her & I only knew her through my friend, but somehow I can remember her coming to my house & I can remember quite distinctively that she walked around the house & stood on the driveway.

I can't think of an explanation for this & it is the truth. I've asked my sister about it but she doesn't know anything about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetcaz wrote: »
    I don't know what to think of this! Last night I was sat here, tapping away on my laptop. My other half was watching the snooker, when suddenly, I got a very strong smell of cigarette smoke, as if someone was smoking beside me. I told my partner I could smell it and asked him if he could smell it. He said no. I was really shook up by this.
    Today, my partners brother, who was a heavy smoker, died. He dropped dead suddenly on his way to the bus stop. I am so upset I can't tell you. But, I have smelt this smoke before when something significant has happened.
    As I have always said, I don't believe in the supernatural, but weird things have happened to me through out my life.

I'm sorry to hear that, it is very sad.

i've had experiences with strong mysterious perfumes too. Stories a bit too personal for this thread.