Harry Potter Question

Adam BartonAdam Barton Posts: 778
Forum Member
✭✭
If Hedwig can find Sirius soo easily then why can't the Ministry of Magic just 'send and owl' to him and follow it?

They never met in book 3 did they and Harry sent Hedwig with a letter at the start of Book 4 for the first time.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Hedwig is Super Owl and no one can match him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    If Hedwig can find Sirius soo easily then why can't the Ministry of Magic just 'send and owl' to him and follow it?

They never met in book 3 did they and Harry sent Hedwig with a letter at the start of Book 4 for the first time.

Don't mention the plot holes.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably for the same reason that Gandalf didn't have Frodo fly a Great Eagle into Mt. Doom and drop the One Ring into the fiery pit.
  • chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Probably for the same reason that Gandalf didn't have Frodo fly a Great Eagle into Mt. Doom and drop the One Ring into the fiery pit.

Yeah, I thought about that exact same thing, lol. Would've made for a very short story.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought of that! Hmmm....
  • Adam BartonAdam Barton Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    Because Hedwig is Super Owl and no one can match him.

Her :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her :p

Oops. And I call myself a Harry Potter fan :D:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Never thought of that! Hmmm....

It's probably best not to, most of the story doesn't make sense if you do.

(I am a Harry Potter fan but there are a lot of plot holes)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoopy10 wrote: »
    Oops. And I call myself a Harry Potter fan :D:o

I didnt realise until the 5th book hah
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    As a harry potter fan never thought of that good point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    One word.... Magic!
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chriswyatt wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought about that exact same thing, lol. Would've made for a very short story.

We must presume that Eagles are very very easily corrupted. Frodo would have been eaten, and the ring stuck on a tiny claw.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its like why didn't Fudge use veratiserum on Harry when he came back from the maze/dementors
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dumbledore did it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumbledore did it!

HOW WHEN WHERE HAHA
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Sirius leave on Buckbeak though? At the end of the 3rd book? Or am I confusing the book with the film?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    Didn't Sirius leave on Buckbeak though? At the end of the 3rd book? Or am I confusing the book with the film?
    Yeah he did, the films only seems to miss out other important parts!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's part of an owl's special powers, if Sirius made himself unplottable then the ministry wouldn't be able to find him but maybe because he wanted owls from Harry to find him then they could
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    I guess it's part of an owl's special powers, if Sirius made himself unplottable then the ministry wouldn't be able to find him but maybe because he wanted owls from Harry to find him then they could

Yeah I believe that is the best explanation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its like why didn't Fudge use veratiserum on Harry when he came back from the maze/dementors

But isn't that the point, Fudge could have used Veritaserum but he didn't want to, he didn't want to believe that Voldemort was back so he didn't. Plus I guess Fudge may have thought Dumbledore would find a way round it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I believe that is the best explanation.

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say. He's on an Owl Preference list or something. I never ever think of plot-holes though, I just get childishly lost in the world. *goes fuzzy* :):o

Isn't Veritaserum one of those potions that takes months to get right and can be lethal if you bollocks it up? I'm trying to remember, I think I remember Umbridge bothering Snape (bother bother) about more of it and he was all 'no, you used the last of it on the sneak-face girl and it's going to take me 45839275 years to make some more.'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    Isn't Veritaserum one of those potions that takes months to get right and can be lethal if you bollocks it up? I'm trying to remember, I remember Umbridge bothering Snape (bother bother) about more of it and he was all 'no, you used the last of it on the sneak-face girl and it's going to take me 45839275 years to make some more.'

Pretty convinced the Ministry of Magic would have stocks upon stocks of Veritaserum
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    Pretty convinced the Ministry of Magic would have stocks upon stocks of Veritaserum

Yeah, they surely must. She ended up putting some in his tea anyway, and Harry poured it into the plant. But as you said yeah, Fudge didn't want to believe it so Veritaserum would be something he'd actively avoid. That fills that plot hole. :D I wonder if there's some kind of issue with Veritaserum, 'cause they don't use it too often, like in all the Pensieve court scenes or when Harry was in court or whatever. It's only used a couple of times. Maybe it damages you, like powerful memory charms damage you, or something.

I feel like a hopeless fan right now, like I know it's not real. But I'm talking about it like it is, amn't I? :D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly Umbridge wouldn't need Snape.
  • The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly Umbridge wouldn't need Snape.

Umbridge isn't intelligent enough to make a complex potion like that.