Derren Brown Live: Hero at 30,000 feet, C4 10pm

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    :D Joke of the night imagining that your opinion finishes careers.

No,this carp has finished his career,no one will take him seriously anymore, he made himself look foolish,who would bother to watch him again,only the foolish thats for sure.

Never again.
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was buying in to it up until the street party. Like you'd just think 'oh wow, some guy has just left a van full of party gear so lets use it!' No you'd be probably calling the "******" boss and saying "err yeah pal, one of your guys has just quit his job and you've got a van full of stuff here".

Dreadful!!
  • reishunreishun Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live? Bullshit I was lured under false pretenses of the possibility of death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    ;););)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    Derren has jumped the shark. Official.

Nah that's the next show, only the 'shark' will end up a minnow.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    Thats it!

Mediums and Psychics all is forgiven...you were right!

I almost feel like taking their side over derrens after his last two shows :D:D
  • Ginger GeekGinger Geek Posts: 6,182
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Not to watch another one of these sh*t shows? :D

Seriously, youtube is there for anyone who wants to remember the golder days of Derren :p

Yes because it's a great career move to just keep churning out the same thing for years and years until they take you off as the audience are bored with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    I still think the sticking to your chair business was his best trick yet.

I remember a few years ago, he "pushed" viewers into their chairs, I fell straight backwards into mine - it was an amazing trick. I'm sad it's come to rubbish shows like this one.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So , in the interests of those saying they are tired of people just saying crap crap crap.

1) The show looked very much to me like somebody just taking part in a number of motivational role plays. Derren then dressed that up a bit for the audience.

Proof:

Matt struggled with the van driver and it felt totally regurgitated rather than spontaneous.

The editing on the train track piece was pretty poor --at one point I am sure the train appeared to be on a track with switch points to another line but the surroundings didn't show two lines.

Matt didn't question at all how he went from an airplane in broad daylight to a cockpit at night time. He also wasn't too phased about walking out of the plane to find it was a flight simulator.

I've no doubt he found it motivating but trying to dress his frankly rather boring role plays up as something to entertain the masses with, was done very badly and wasn't remotely entertaining.

Luckily this thread was.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    They weren't going to REALLY let him land a plane. :rolleyes:

The whole point of the programme is that he has manage to convince someone that they are capable of doing something like that.

People on here are so cynical. This is all perfectly believable and very very clever.

I believe that he believed he was doing it and that's the main thing.:) I also believed Derren when he said it was the proudest moment of his career.:cry:

However, though he may be a great magician, psychologist and illusionist, changing the mindset of the majority of cynical DSers is a trick too far for Derren ;)
  • guvner2009guvner2009 Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    So channel 4 think big brother has ran its course but they think its ok to show derren brown doing this shit?

Thats seriously messed up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    yeah, i don't understand the point of the "live" bit, either?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I don't think his careers finished at all. Wasn't as good as his previous stuff yes, but I, and I'm sure a lot of others still like him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    ukool wrote: »
    Lets hope this never happens to him for real. He'll step in and fail[/QUOTE

I was on a plane going to Spain and the pilot came over the tannoy and said This is one of the safest planes in he air as it had AVL or Advanced Landing system. This is where the ground computer/radar talks to the plane , thus a very good chance of landing safely. But will still need in cockpit assistance.

Still think this program was CRAP:p
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh gosh Derren, what have you done?

I'd have rather spent the night picking scabs off OH's new tattoo (the one I talked him into getting to cover up his ex-wife's name, I have more mind control powers than DB!!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, he hasn't jumped the shark. He's stroked the crocodile.
  • DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    Right I'm gonna go practice on my Flight Simulator X incase I have to do this one day.

Don't forget to turn the crash option to "off" and the autopilot to "on" to recapture the moment
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can land a plane. In Flight Sim for the PC, having said that I have also smacked them into the control tower, lost the wheels, killed all on board etc. It's not easy. Anyway, not the greatest of shows.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    :D Thanks for the commentary guys....hilarious, helped pass the time.

Dont' know what to believe tbh...
  • vze1xgrl1vze1xgrl1 Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys, I am going to hide after saying this but I loved the show!
    Maybe it was fake but just the attitude that ANYONE can be a hero and you can do what ever you want to is a good way to live.

;)
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Thing I learned tonight!

- If you're woken up from sleep, you're in a hypnotic state
    - If someone touches a crocodile they instantly become assertive
    - You don't post a wallet through a letterbox, you enter the house and watch TV...because you touched a crocodile
    - A train travelling at 10mph won't stop if they see someone lying on the tracks
    - As usual with DB, you can hypnotise someone by touching their forehead. It only works because he is in a "heightened state" though.

etc, etc, etc, etc...
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    So , in the interests of those saying they are tired of people just saying crap crap crap.

1) The show looked very much to me like somebody just taking part in a number of motivational role plays. Derren then dressed that up a bit for the audience.

My opinion:

Matt struggled with the van driver and it felt totally regurgitated rather than spontaneous.

The editing on the train track piece was pretty poor --at one point I am sure the train appeared to be on a track with switch points to another line but the surroundings didn't show two lines.

Matt didn't question at all how he went from an airplane in broad daylight to a cockpit at night time. He also wasn't too phased about walking out of the plane to find it was a flight simulator.

I've no doubt he found it motivating but trying to dress his frankly rather boring role plays up as something to entertain the masses with, was done very badly and wasn't remotely entertaining.

Luckily this thread was.

Corrected.
    I agree that it wasn't great, but some of the comments are ridiculous, like 'he's finished! his career his finished!' Overdramatic, much?
  • ZebsZebs Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    It was a bit like hollyoaks, but even worse.

I've deliberately never watched hollyoaks!
    Does hollyoaks have fake planes and pretentious minibeard-people ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It worked for me as harmless entertainment until the railway line malarkey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I can land a plane. In Flight Sim for the PC, having said that I have also smacked them into the control tower, lost the wheels, killed all on board etc. It's not easy. Anyway, not the greatest of shows.

I find the easiest way is to come in low to the runway then turn all the engines off while holding down the footbrake..... wonder if that would work in real life?